Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #15
BlueRay-J

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Convertible
That sounds like a promising culprit. It would explain the randomness of the tick and pretty close to where the sound seems to be originating from. Thanks for posting!
BlueRay-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #16
BlueRay-J

So today I put up my top and it paused for a second, then slammed onto my windshield with such a crack that someone inside the dentist office asked me what happened. It didnt happen on my way home.

Back to the dealer, something is getting caught up. To bad I dont think they take me too seriously, they just think I'm paranoid. Some of the things I have brought my car in for miraculously stop at the dealer.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #17
bwk1971
Res Ipsa Loquitur

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Vert Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRay-J View Post
So today I put up my top and it paused for a second, then slammed onto my windshield with such a crack that someone inside the dentist office asked me what happened. It didnt happen on my way home.

Back to the dealer, something is getting caught up. To bad I dont think they take me too seriously, they just think I'm paranoid. Some of the things I have brought my car in for miraculously stop at the dealer.
I had something similar happen to my 2013 too, but one of the arms became disconnected. See post #11 of this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293420
bwk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #18
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Wow, sorry to hear of your issues, BlueRay. I'd stay on my dealer like a Rotty on a burglar.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #19
BlueRay-J

So its back at the dealer, took the tech for the ride and he couldnt hear the clicking sound I hear plain as day. Gave the service writer a look like I was nuts. Service manager took it for a ride, said he couldnt hear it either.

But I have had 3 other people ride with me and they hear it fine. Over the radio even. Perhaps I'm just tuned into it so I know what to listen for. My drive starts in the subdivision without alot of noise from other vehicles.

I just want the noise to go away. I really hope they can figure it out. If they say they cant find it, I'm putting the service manager in the backseat and taking him for a ride. He will have to hear it then.

And then there is the weird top behavior. If I dont get things fixed I will try a different dealer with a new set of eyes and ears. Perhaps I'll make the trip to Rodgers chevrolet since they receive alot of accolades here. I feel bad I didnt purchase from there, but they just couldnt give me the amount I needed for my trade in.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #20
BlueRay-J

Well, dealer thought they found the noise. Showed me all kinds of pictures from my exhaust where they said it was rubbing. They had to do some stuff to get it to fit right... like cutting my corsa exhaust. I'm not sure they did it, I think it may have been lip service.

Noise still there, just as loud as can be. While I was waiting to leave, the techs were making some off the cuff comments about " I cant believe he sold that to him" and "He has big balls to try that". At first I thought they were referring to some guy sitting in a corvette out front. Now I'm starting to think these comments were for me and they didnt do anything to the car.

I really have a disdain for my car now. I dont want to drive it because the sound is annoying. It feels abused in some way... having been in the shop now 5 times or more with 3500 miles on the clock. And this attitude from the techs, even if it wasnt directed at me is still pretty sad for whomever it was directed at.

I spent 45000 dollars on a Chevy car, and it has more problems than any other car I have bought (around 12 of them new), and then Chevy service kicks me while I'm down, making me feel like its my fault I bought the POS. I can promise you this will be the last GM product I ever buy. I'm looking forward to the next person to pull out in front of me thinking I will yield because I dont want to scratch my car. They will have the entire car shoved up their A$$. And if it didnt fit the first time, I'll be glad to reverse and try again.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #21
BlueRay-J

Well, a day after my temper tantrum, I'm trying to figure out my best path forward that doesnt include crashing the car, or taking a sledge hammer to the right rear quarter of the car. (In the hopes that after the repair, the noise is gone.)

I think I will try to take it to a different dealer with a fresh set of ears. Rodgers Chevrolet is not too far from me, and everyone seems to think they are pretty good.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #22
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
I can promise you this will be the last GM product I ever buy...
I've been holding out for the redesigned 2014 Suburban coming this Fall.
Maybe I'm wasting my time?

There's always the chance the 6th Gen Camaro will be perfect.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #23
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Well, a day after my temper tantrum, I'm trying to figure out my best path forward that doesnt include crashing the car, or taking a sledge hammer to the right rear quarter of the car. (In the hopes that after the repair, the noise is gone.)

I think I will try to take it to a different dealer with a fresh set of ears. Rodgers Chevrolet is not too far from me, and everyone seems to think they are pretty good.
Hello BlueRay-J,

I am sorry that the noise is still occurring with your vehicle. I understand how this can be annoying to you. I also apologize for the comments you heard from the technicians, and that the talk was inappropriate. You should not feel this way about your vehicle; you should love it! Please keep us updated after your next dealership visit. If there are concerns that arise, please private message us so we can provide assistance.

Regards,

Laura M. (assisting Reggie)
Chevrolet Customer Service

Last edited by Chevrolet Customer Svc; 05-20-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #24
BlueRay-J

Thanks. I'm out of town for work but will try to set something up for the week after memorial day.

If I have issues I will pm. Rodgers Chevy is about an hour away so hopefully they can work it while I wait.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #25
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Thanks. I'm out of town for work but will try to set something up for the week after memorial day.

If I have issues I will pm. Rodgers Chevy is about an hour away so hopefully they can work it while I wait.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
BlueRay-J,

Sounds like a good plan. If anything changes or need further assistance, I am here to help.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #26
Danimal

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible 2SS/RS
Tonneau Cover

Has anyone lost their Tonneau Cover while driving their 2010-2013 Camaro Convertible? I have and I am trying to get it covered as a warranty item... I had installed as instructed, as always and about the 20th time putting it on It apparently flew off at some point while I was on the highway. Really dont feel like paying for something that was not my fault. Please let me know if you too have lost one of these covers. Thanks
Attached Images

Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #27
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Good luck with that. No way you can prove that you DIDN'T put it on incorrectly.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #28
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
Has anyone lost their Tonneau Cover while driving their 2010-2013 Camaro Convertible? I have and I am trying to get it covered as a warranty item... I had installed as instructed, as always and about the 20th time putting it on It apparently flew off at some point while I was on the highway. Really dont feel like paying for something that was not my fault. Please let me know if you too have lost one of these covers. Thanks
Wow!

Really sorry to hear about your concern. Please keep us updated on the process of getting it replaced Danimal.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care