Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-29-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
SteelShadows

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Dealership to avoid

I was doing my research as to what car I was looking to buy, and had reached the stage where I was ready to start doing test drives to decide between a new Mustang or a Camaro.

I called Alan Webb Chevrolet in Vancouver, WA about a 2013 Camaro 1SS they had in stock that I had been watching for almost a month while doing my research. When I talked to the sales rep, they supposedly had just received that car in the day before, but it was available to test drive. I ignored that little bit of deception as I was only interested in doing a test drive at the time. When I got there the car had almost miraculously been sold the day before, but they just happened to have a 2013 2SS used with about 20k miles on it.

At this point I would have just walked out the door, but again I was only interested in doing a test drive, and it was the only manual within a reasonable distance. After the drive and going home I decided to look up the details on the car as 20k miles in one year was a bit suspicious to me, but I'd debate it if the deal was good enough. To my surprise, when I looked up the car it was a 2010, even listed as such on their own website. While it is possible I had misheard the salesman while at the dealership he gave me a call a few days later as a follow up, and in the voice mail once again said it was a 2013.

If there wasn't a few other dealerships in the area at this point I'd be driving a Mustang. Thankfully though I did find a dealership that was a lot more honest which I'll give praise to once my new car is sitting in my parking spot.
SteelShadows is offline   Reply With Quote