Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-23-2014, 07:04 PM   #1
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Has anyone had their Scosche & head unit installed?

Did you take it to a stereo place to do the install? Were they able to get everything working? Have they done other dash kit installs? How much did they charge? How long did it take?

Thanks!

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:36 PM   #2
InkAddict765

Drives: 2013 Camaro Ls2
I went to a few different shops today. I just got a 2013 LS last week. They said they couldn't even get either of the kits. So I don't know where i'm gonna have it done. I know after reading all the problems of them I want to have it done at a shop so it is warrantied.
InkAddict765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:51 AM   #3
timmy8784
Drippin' Wet Auto Detail

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
It's definitely easy enough to install yourself but it's hit or miss whether everything works correctly or not. There is a whole thread talking about the issues people have. Some are lucky and everything works perfectly. Mine has the problem of the reduced key fob distance. Other than that, everything works great. Might not be a bad idea to take it to a shop so you can take it back if everything isn't perfect

timmy8784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:54 PM   #4
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy8784 View Post
It's definitely easy enough to install yourself but it's hit or miss whether everything works correctly or not. There is a whole thread talking about the issues people have. Some are lucky and everything works perfectly. Mine has the problem of the reduced key fob distance. Other than that, everything works great. Might not be a bad idea to take it to a shop so you can take it back if everything isn't perfect

Oh yeah I know about the truckload of problems which is why I have not done it yet. I wanted to know if anyone had theirs installed and what it cost. My follow up question was if it had a warranty with the install?

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote