Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 01-08-2011, 11:30 AM   #15
DS1937
DS1937

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Their shipping and handling charges alone kept me from ordering from them! Absolutely incredible on anything that has some weight especially.
DS1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #16
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey99 View Post
If your a company this size and your too cheap to hire customer service reps then I dont want to do business with you. Who would when theres plenty of competition out there.
A company this size? This is NOT GM selling you the parts. GMpartsdirect.com is a dealership, I can't remember where.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #17
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
A company this size? This is NOT GM selling you the parts. GMpartsdirect.com is a dealership, I can't remember where.
That's right. It's a dealership. Think it's in Southeast. If memory serves, I think it's part of the Don Flow dealerships, but I could be wrong.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:52 PM   #18
ssummit camaro

Drives: 2013 1LE on order TPW 12/31
i believe they are flow chevrolet
Old 01-09-2011, 04:58 AM   #19
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
I give them two thumbs down as well. First order was a pair of cast iron big block accessory brackets. a pair of z06 c6 rotors a crank sensor and two head gaskets. oh and no packing material. So you can figure out what the head gaskets looked liked when i got them. So after another 3 weeks I got undamaged head gaskets.

One more time I ordered another bbc cast iron accessory bracket. I sent a bunch of emails and the part number they requested the vin because of course I am a stupid idiot since I used to work at GM and couldnt possibly know the part number. So after verifying all that I end up gettig some plastic bike rack piece. After calling flow chevy and getting transfered to the gmpartsdirect guy. I explained to him how I dont mind paying there rediculous shipping fees if they actually check the part and pack it accordingly but holy fvcking sheet batman 2 times and both are a complete fvck up.

So then I have to send the part back to him because of course he doesnt believe me. Even after sending him a picture of the part still wrapped with his sticker on it and my order number name etc.

So yeah been there done that
xx_ED_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:42 PM   #20
1FAST SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
That's right. It's a dealership. Think it's in Southeast. If memory serves, I think it's part of the Don Flow dealerships, but I could be wrong.
It is a dealership in Winston Salem, NC. A fairly large dealership.

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Vengeance Racing Kaotic Cam, DOD/VVT delete and LS3 conversion, American Racing LT Headers, American Racing Headers Off Road pipes, Borla S-Type Catback, FTI Billet Triple Disk 3600 rpm Torque Converter, DSS Aluminium Drive Shaft, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
1FAST SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #21
GmPartsDirect.com
Account Suspended

Drives: -

I would like to everyone for the support over the years and for the kind words.

We (GmPartsDirect.com) sells parts near published dealer cost plus a percentage for a shipping and handling fee on OE GM parts. Our prices are discounted for everyone on the website. We display our total cost, including shipping and handling in the shopping cart, no need to call to request a small discount off retail prices plus an undisclosed shipping cost. We leave no surprise to what charges may be charged on your credit card or PayPal account, what is displayed in the shopping cart is what you will be charged. Compare our delivered price

If you find a lower delivered price at one of our competitors, please email us a screen shot and link to the delivered price and we will try to meet and beat our competitor's delivered price. We do not like being under sold!!!

If at any time you email our customer service team at email address customerservice@GmPartsDirect.com, and do not receive a response within 24 hours Monday - Friday, please email me (at customerservice@GmPartsDirect.com attention Scott T.) or PM me here on the forum so I can supply the correct answer and then find out the reason no one here has answered your email. All emails should be replied to with 24 hours, most emails are responded to with just a very short time, with email being our only correspondences, we want all responses to you in a short time.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at customerservice@GmPartsDirect.com.

Thank you,

Scott T.
GmPartsDirect.com Manager

GmPartsDirect.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #22
Kunihiro

Drives: 2010 Charcoal Gray, 2SS/RS
If no one minds, I do have a question. Although I've never purchased any items from this company, I have used another company with a "similar" name.net, that doesn't have a referencing telephone number to speak with a live person, vs. communicating via e-mail.

Is there some underlying business reason, why companies don't post business telephone numbers so that we, the consumer, can actually speak with a live person to discuss any concerns or questions vs. waiting a certain amount of time to receive an electronic response?

Yes, I do agree with doing the research before buying, but it does make me a little apprehensive doing business with a company which communicates, via e-mail only.

As a matter of fact, there is a sponsor on this board which doesn't post their address, so before making a purchase, I e-mailed them asking for additional information and an address. They promptly responded with a good telephone number and working address. Needless to say, I felt very comfortable making a purchase. If you're wondering, the company was "Showstoppers."

I'm not taking a side one way or another with the company in question here, just asking a question.

I do not own a business,, so if someone could possibly educate me on this, I would appreciate it.

Allen K.

2SS/RS, CGM, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pfadt Suspension, Airaid intake

71 RS Camaro (Sold)
Z Car (Sorry, Nissan 350Z)
Kunihiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:57 AM   #23
GmPartsDirect.com
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunihiro View Post
If no one minds, I do have a question. Although I've never purchased any items from this company, I have used another company with a "similar" name.net, that doesn't have a referencing telephone number to speak with a live person, vs. communicating via e-mail.

Is there some underlying business reason, why companies don't post business telephone numbers so that we, the consumer, can actually speak with a live person to discuss any concerns or questions vs. waiting a certain amount of time to receive an electronic response?

Yes, I do agree with doing the research before buying, but it does make me a little apprehensive doing business with a company which communicates, via e-mail only.

As a matter of fact, there is a sponsor on this board which doesn't post their address, so before making a purchase, I e-mailed them asking for additional information and an address. They promptly responded with a good telephone number and working address. Needless to say, I felt very comfortable making a purchase. If you're wondering, the company was "Showstoppers."

I'm not taking a side one way or another with the company in question here, just asking a question.

I do not own a business,, so if someone could possibly educate me on this, I would appreciate it.

Allen K.
Hello Allen,

Thank you for your questions, I can not speak for all businesses, but we (GmPartsDirect.com) only communicate via email, as it has helped us cut our overhead cost, so we have passed these savings along to you. We sell genuine GM parts at our cost, plus a percentage for shipping and handling.

When an email is sent to us, it is answered by a live person here at our facility. I will agree with you, no one wants to wait for an extended amount of time to receive a response to a question. We have hired additional techs to help ensure a timely response is sent to you.

Thank you,

Scott T.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:15 AM   #24
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
And there in lies the problem with business today. Customer Service. That Same person who responds to the e-mail could talk on the phone. It is so frustrating to try and buy something and the only avenue you have is an e-mail. Businesses who only use e-mails think that they can somehow treat customers differently because it is less personal, another problem, and there in no recourse, no upset people.

Everyone say it is to cut cost, BS, it is to increase profits not help customer dont try to sell me that crap. People will buy what they want and spend what they want, they just want to be treated nicely, LISTEN UP, THEY JUST WANT TO BE TREATED NICELY, GET A GOOD PRODUCT, GET WHAT THEY PAID FOR, AND GET IT IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME. THAT IS IT. If you can't provide that service the get off the boards, plain and simple.

You want to know how to run a business call Adam's Polishes. Now that is how you run a business, Great customer service. ALWAYS.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:47 AM   #25
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Please let me clarify my remarks above a little. I have never purchased from GM Parts Direct, thus I have never had a good or bad experience.

My point is to ALL vendors who post on internet boards and sell via this medium. You have to be accessible to your customers. Not everyone who purchases products for their cars are automotive engineers. We are enthusiasts, we like hot rods, we like making our cars pretty, making them fast, making them shiny, making them different and then like showing them off to our friends, not being a show off, well some of us do, LOL

There are some GREAT Vendors on the forum and I have personally purchased thousands of dollars of stuff from the, SHOWSTOPPERS being one of them, I highly recommend them, there are others I would not give you a plud nickel for, why, No access or customer service.

It is like this in my opinion, my humble opinion. This is a hobby, a want not a need. This whole site is a WANT, not NEED, everything to do with it, about it, for it, you name it, it is a WANT.

With that being said, in todays economy, gas prices, stock market condition it just seems to me that if I had a business that was dependent on peoples WANTS, not NEEDS that I would be a little more receptive to the customer, be a litlle more accessable to the customer, be a little more....... what the word............ I guess ACT LIKE YOU WANT OUR MONEY and then treat us NICELY is the best way I can put it.

Let me give you a small example for arguement sake.

There are lets sat 3 Forced Induction companies Maggies, Whipple, and Kenny Bell for this arguement and that is it all about the same price and roduce about the same numbers. One company, lets just use Maggies ( I dont know I dont have none of these I am just using this as an example) has more access more tech lines, get faster results quicker answers, you name it. The other two ( again I am not knocking them because I do not know, just an example) only work Mon. Wed Fri from 8 am till 12:00 noon have 2 people who work there one answers e-mails and one who does shipping.

Who do think people will buy from, no matter how much money they save? Customer Service is FREE and should be the Number #1 Priority of EVERY business. JMHO

Last edited by Dr Jkel; 01-27-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:01 AM   #26
GmPartsDirect.com
Account Suspended

We have been listening, and is the reason we have hired additional techs to answer the submitted emails. I expect all of my techs to provide the very best customer service (they must be nice, friendly, answer all questions and concerns in the email, etc.) if this does not happen, please let me know via email (at customerservice@GmPartsDirect.com attention Scott T.) or PM here on the forum and I will correct the tech as this is not tolerated.

Most all orders placed with us are shipped within 2 business days of the order being placed, as we have the parts in stock here at our facility or the parts are coming from our warehouse. The remaining orders should be shipped out within 5-7 business days, due to the parts being ordered from GM and being shipped to us from GM. Unfortunately, some items may be on national back order with GM, upon us receiving the update from GM about the back ordered part, we will email you with the status promptly.

The parts that we sell are genuine GM parts and accessories, the same parts that you can purchase from your local GM dealer ship, the only difference is our prices are at a discounted price delivered to your door. Compare our delivered price to your local GM dealers retail price.

Thank you,

Scott T.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:42 PM   #27
2010 L99

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 RJT/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by GmPartsDirect.com View Post
Most all orders placed with us are shipped within 2 business days of the order being placed, as we have the parts in stock here at our facility or the parts are coming from our warehouse. The remaining orders should be shipped out within 5-7 business days, due to the parts being ordered from GM and being shipped to us from GM. Unfortunately, some items may be on national back order with GM, upon us receiving the update from GM about the back ordered part, we will email you with the status promptly.

Scott T.
I realize this is an old thread but I wish I had seen this before I placed my order. I don't even know if you're still affiliated with this company but what you posted above simply isn't an accurate portrayal of the way you do business with every order.

I placed an order 2:01pm 4/15. After not hearing anything for 12 days I initiated a PM inquiring the order status on 4/27. I was then told my order wasn't processed until 4/19, that you were out of stock and had to order from GM, and you're waiting to receive my order from GM in the next couple of business days (a cryptic way of saying probably next week).

So how do these facts mesh with your explanation above on how you claim to do business? I'm NOT upset or impatient, and I leave plenty of positive feedback when warranted, but I think others should know there are still issues with the way your business communicates.

You could've told me 4/19 you were out of stock and you had to order from GM. You didn't. You also could've then kept me informed along the way. You didn't. You claim that you keep customers informed but you don't (at least in my case). Only when I initiated contact after 12 days was I provided any information.

If you haven't figured it out by now--customers simply want vendors to be upfront with prompt communication. Price is secondary--there are several GM parts vendors here who sell the same products for similar price.

For example, a month ago I ordered a part from GMPARTSHOUSE. Within two hours Gene emailed me to tell me the part had to be ordered from GM and it would take an additional 2-3 business days. I was perfectly fine with that because he was upfront and promptly communicated the expectations.

My suggestion is to fix it once and for all or stop telling customers otherwise and close down your GM Internet parts business. If not, your lack of customers may give you no choice. It's widely known here that Camaro owners are keeping some businesses afloat when they would've otherwise shutdown a year or two ago in this economy. It would be a shame to see a vendor have to shut down because they couldn't earn enough business from all these Camaro owners. Price isn't everything.

USAF Retired 1994
2010 L99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:13 AM   #28
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
I also will never order from them again, had a few bad experiences with ordering from them and will also start ordering from GMPARTSHOUSE.COM.. Seems like alot better customer service.
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote