Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-12-2010, 11:27 AM   #29
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
One more, and the last, question. Does this allow some give for engine movement without stressing the intake hard parts?
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:28 PM   #30
john468
Account Suspended

Drives: 1968 S.S. Big Block and 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedSS1 View Post
One more, and the last, question. Does this allow some give for engine movement without stressing the intake hard parts?

Makes me wish I would have waited. Bought the CAI and I am not impressed at all. To bad Vararam had problems with the first batch might have been different for sales. I feel like some of the tests are to quick to jump whats good or bad or maybe it boilsdown to which product gives a better commission. Have to really do a lot of research. I wish they all had a guarantee like Vararam which stands behind the product and the customers complete satisfaction after the sale. Then we would have no doubt as to owns a piece of a company or commissions. There would a lot more piece of mind in spending our hard earned dollars. Don't get me wrong I'm not calling anyone a crook or dishonest but it has been my own experience that when it comes to money and commission,buyer beware. With the web it is so easy to assassinate a companies product that we need better guaranttees. Lets face it if you make something whatever and you know its the best in everything you say about it you'll guarantee it because that will in the long run bring you more sales.
john468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #31
sales@vararam.com

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Just curious....is this still a 25-30 rwhp intake? What kind of power are they making now?
Yes - same or more HP!!!!!
sales@vararam.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #32
sales@vararam.com

Quote:
Tech just nodded his head yes when I asked him!!!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 01:45 PM   #33
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vararam.com View Post
Tech just nodded his head yes when I asked him!!!!!
Thanks for checking. I guess specifiying the VR intake hard parts and not the intake manifold would have been helpful, but was probably assumed.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #34
burntOmaro
Bye Bye GD

Drives: 2015 AGM SS (Everyday=1 day closer)
With the original VR you had to move the radiator or something... with the new version, do you have to do any modifications?

2010 CGM 2SS RS. Atomic Orange Metallic Stripes. Corsa Cat-Back. MGW Short-Throw. H&R Springs. AAC Halo/Fogs. 20" Havoc Wheels. SRP Pedals. RX Catch Can. Kicker L7 & Amp in ******** Stealth. Garys Custom Fenders. Roto-Fab CAI. Pfadt Trailing Arms.
burntOmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #35
sales@vararam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntOmaro View Post
With the original VR you had to move the radiator or something... with the new version, do you have to do any modifications?
Same as before-it gets leaned back an inch or so - and the radiator is secured with long bolts!!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #36
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
So what's the price on them now?
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:10 PM   #37
sales@vararam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
So what's the price on them now?
$399 thru our website or call me direct at 866-507-2648!!! We have the no tune unit in stock and will have the tune unit the week after Thanksgiving!
Steve
Vararam
Old 11-12-2010, 03:14 PM   #38
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Still the same way, my vararam unit has been on the car for 34K mi that way.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:26 PM   #39
burntOmaro
Bye Bye GD

Drives: 2015 AGM SS (Everyday=1 day closer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vararam.com View Post
Same as before-it gets leaned back an inch or so - and the radiator is secured with long bolts!!!!
Thanks for the info

2010 CGM 2SS RS. Atomic Orange Metallic Stripes. Corsa Cat-Back. MGW Short-Throw. H&R Springs. AAC Halo/Fogs. 20" Havoc Wheels. SRP Pedals. RX Catch Can. Kicker L7 & Amp in ******** Stealth. Garys Custom Fenders. Roto-Fab CAI. Pfadt Trailing Arms.
burntOmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #40
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
So the price of the Tune vs No Tune is the same?

I've already got a tune with my headers so if I were to switch I would go the tuned route. About how much more HP does the tuned unit give you.

Also, can you give a quick explanation as to why it would need to be tuned? Is it because it flows more are and so the A/F needs to be adjusted properly?
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #41
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by swisscheese View Post
Looks very clean
still trying to decide between Vararam and Halltech.
And I have to look at the MAF (good or bad one)

Is the radiator still enough bolted to the car since you don't have the top two screws?
I have not used the long bolts to secure the radiator, however I don't think it is mandatory. The radiator and intake are very secure with out them. For extreme use though I would use them.

Quote:
Just for reference, not like I have one...or maybe I do But you mentioned fitting the intake on the TB sleeve being a little tough. It also looked like that might be the case in the instructions, to me as well. Do you feel it might be easier to do the install by opening it up, temporarily removing the filter, and installing as two piece unit. Might not have to stretch the silicone coupler as much that way.
Yes, I do believe this would be an easier way to install. I actually thought of that when I got done. It would be worth a try to see if it works.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #42
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntOmaro View Post
Yeah, but it is really no big deal. Very easy to do.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote