Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #15
td195f

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Performance Enthusiast View Post
I believe all ZL1/1LE's currently at the plant are on QC hold.
That's how it appears to me. My 1LE was built 4/12 and I've been told it's been on QC Hold since it came back from the vinyl wrap for the hood. There have been deliveries of 1LE models prior to the 4/8 build week, but based on what I've gathered from this site none of the ZL1s or 1LEs have shipped from 4/8 on. My dealer called the Dealer Business Center yesterday and got thru to a manager and was told that they aren't informed why a vehicle is on Quality Hold and it just has to go through an inspection and will be on hold until it does. Really! Do they have just one inspector that works one day a week for about an hour a day? How long does it take to inspect a car?
I wonder what part that is common between the ZL1 and 1LE but not the non1LE SS model or the LS/LT models has a problem.
2015 Z/28 #786 - Black
2004 Silverado 3500 Dually - D'Max - Suncoast - Banks - Edge - Custom Tune by D'Max Tuner / Spitzer '32 Bantam Altered Drag Car - Blown Alcohol 380 CI Small Block Chevy
td195f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #16
ZL1Naboz
ZL1Naboz

Drives: '13 ZL1, ‘53 Chevy Pickup, ‘22 GMC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Performance Enthusiast View Post
I believe all ZL1/1LE's currently at the plant are on QC hold.
mine on hold too #7123 sucks!

3 weeks today!
ZL1Naboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #17
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Mine was built april 11 and it showed to be shipped but was not. As of yesterday it is still bayed. I just wish they would get it out of there! We are at their mercy I guess.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #18
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
My car was built over 3 weeks ago and was supposed to have been shipped the next day. Becky had checked on it also and she confirmed it.Well I find out yesterday it is being held at the factory "for inspection" Whats up with that? You all know how hard it is to wait and it is about to do me in but come on,how long does it take to inspect a car? Is there something else going on that they are not telling me? Does anyone have any ideas of what is really happening?
My car was held up for the same reason.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #19
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by closs2sx View Post
mine was held and its far from perfect
you do absolutely nothing on here other than complain. Just go away already
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #20
Bigtime53

If any of you guys find out our cars are cut loose and GM decides to start shipping them please post up here. Maybe this monday or this week sometime they will start shipping them out of there. Thanks
Old 05-06-2013, 12:06 AM   #21
Performance Enthusiast

Drives: Domestic
It is my understanding that no ZL1/1LE has shipped out of the plant with the TPW of 4/8 or later. This is more than just a "waiting for inspection" process, you don't hold up hundreds of cars for over 3 weeks because you are simply waiting for them to be inspected. Unfortunately, GM doesn't feel that it is necessary to explain the details of the hold to its customer's, you are basically just given a TBD ship date and no other info!
Performance Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:33 AM   #22
ZL1RHINO

Drives: 2013 black on black
Man sorry to hear that guys I got lucky as the one I wanted was at a local dealer here in Texas
ZL1RHINO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #23
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
you do absolutely nothing on here other than complain. Just go away already
Anyone else laugh at this comment? Made me smile.
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #24
Bigtime53

Well looks like we are still sitting idle. I had Becky check today and there still is no movement of our cars. Man o man, Don't they {GM} know they are making us suffer!!
Old 05-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #25
james347

Drives: 2006 Crownline
Might be a good thing? Since when is Quality Control frowned upon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
My car was built over 3 weeks ago and was supposed to have been shipped the next day. Becky had checked on it also and she confirmed it.Well I find out yesterday it is being held at the factory "for inspection" Whats up with that? You all know how hard it is to wait and it is about to do me in but come on,how long does it take to inspect a car? Is there something else going on that they are not telling me? Does anyone have any ideas of what is really happening?
james347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #26
td195f

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #786
Quote:
Originally Posted by james347 View Post
Might be a good thing? Since when is Quality Control frowned upon?
It's not the Quality Control that's frowned upon. It's the amazing lack of communication on the issue. My dealer and the regional sales manager have both tried to find out the reason for the hold and when the factory estimates they will ship the car and they can't get an answer. Even Chevrolet Customer Service states they have no information on the hold other than the car is on QC Hold and no further information is available.
2015 Z/28 #786 - Black
2004 Silverado 3500 Dually - D'Max - Suncoast - Banks - Edge - Custom Tune by D'Max Tuner / Spitzer '32 Bantam Altered Drag Car - Blown Alcohol 380 CI Small Block Chevy
td195f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #27
Performance Enthusiast

Drives: Domestic
Quote:
Originally Posted by td195f View Post
It's not the Quality Control that's frowned upon. It's the amazing lack of communication on the issue. My dealer and the regional sales manager have both tried to find out the reason for the hold and when the factory estimates they will ship the car and they can't get an answer. Even Chevrolet Customer Service states they have no information on the hold other than the car is on QC Hold and no further information is available.
Performance Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #28
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by td195f View Post
And you WON'T get an answer from anyone from GM. I went through the identical thing with the 2011 2SS/RS Vert I ordered back in Jan of 2011.

I got a TPW, the car was built on scheduled and sat in a yard in Oshawa for weeks. NOBODY could get any kind of answer from ANYONE in GM although the dealer checked almpost every day.
I wouldn't care if I had to wait as long as I got an answer as to WHY it was sitting in the yard.

4 weeks went by with still no word from anyone and I told the dealer that I was tired of waiting. If I didn't hear anything by that Friday, i'd stop by to get my large deposit back.
Come Friday, no word and I told them to get my depost ready.

By Tuesday, I found a similar car in a local dealership, stopped by, got the deposit back from the original dealer, stopped at the dealer that had a similar car and bought it then and there.

Got word that my car shipped from Oshawa that same day.

Murphey's Law.

Never did hear any reason why the car sat in Oshwa for more than 4 weeks.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote