Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-28-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Gauge Cluster quit working today..

I got off work today and when I started my car my gauge cluster wasn't working,I turned the car off let it set for a few seconds and still nothing, so on my way home I hit the dealership thinking maybe they could look at it for a second before they closed. I'm thinking fuse all the way there "quick fix" no problem..well they didn't have time to look at it today but I could take it in tomorrow morning at 7:30am. Well that would be ok if I couldn't fix it myself.

As soon as I got home i pulled the cover off the fuse side on the dash,found the right fuse,pulled it and all was fine as soon as I put it back in I heard the system making some noise, got in the car fired her back up and all was fine not sure what happened but I am glad I don't have to go to the dealership tomorrow morning.

Anybody else have a problem like this???
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:07 PM   #2
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
Never had a problem like that BUT i would have thrown a FIT that they didn't give you a loaner car overnight... No gauges..NOT safe.. just my $.02
Sorry your havin problems man!

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Haven't had a problem like that, but if it's electrical, the first thing I always do is a good reset via fuses or battery disconnect. Easy enough to do on the roadside if you have to. (You do carry a flashlight and a few extra tools, right?) If that doesn't fix it, then I go banging on the dealer's door.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:36 PM   #4
djb525

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS M6 Black
I had this happen once. Started it and nothing moved. I popped up the cluster, disconnected the harness and connected it again and it worked fine. Must be something electrical.
djb525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
mekc57
IOM inside and out

Drives: 2SS/RS 2010 Camaro
Happened to me last summer. The dealer had it all day to fix it. When I picked it up, the guy at the counter said something about ltft looking ok but they had to reset the computer. Glad I put my stock tune back in first. I think they reset the flash counter on the ECM.
mekc57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #6
ToolFan66

Yeah I need to keep some tools in the car, I just haven't had the car very long (well I haven't driven it a whole lot with the weather). I have tools in my other cars,so this has been on my todo list..

I still find it strange pulling the fuse out and putting it back in fixed it, it would have made more sense if the fuse was blown..
Old 02-28-2011, 09:36 PM   #7
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Never had a problem like that BUT i would have thrown a FIT that they didn't give you a loaner car overnight... No gauges..NOT safe.. just my $.02
Sorry your havin problems man!
He's not talking about the main gauges, the ones under the stereo. Just the oil and tranny stuff.
vinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
ToolFan66,

I apologize that the dealership couldn't look at your vehicle the day that you had taken your Camaro into them. However, I am happy to read that you were able to find the correct fuse and get the problem resolved.
In the future, if you have issues with your vehicle, please contact me.

Sincerely,
Michelle P., Chevrolet Customer Service (assisting Jeff Morris)
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #9
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
So you essentially rebooted it by pulling the fuse? Sounds like Windows.
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:59 AM   #10
ToolFan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
ToolFan66,

I apologize that the dealership couldn't look at your vehicle the day that you had taken your Camaro into them. However, I am happy to read that you were able to find the correct fuse and get the problem resolved.
In the future, if you have issues with your vehicle, please contact me.

Sincerely,
Michelle P., Chevrolet Customer Service (assisting Jeff Morris)
Thanks!! I will do..
Old 06-07-2015, 10:32 PM   #11
runninginmotion90

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Hey all, many thanks for the discussion. I pulled the fuse and reseated the gauge cluster connector and it magically started to work.
runninginmotion90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:45 AM   #12
BlueStreakHouTX

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS IOM
Something similar happened to my stock 2012 2SS this weekend, except it was my main instrument cluster... I put the bigger wheels/tires with new tpms sensors on it last week, and tried to re-learn the TPMS using the pre-2011 way just to see if it would work ('let the air out of the tires' way)...predictably, it didnt.

Sooo, I started it up, and took it to the tire shop to re-learn the TPMS sensors... while it was there, the tech tried to get the DIC to go into relearn mode, and CEL lit up, "Service Tire Monitor System", "Service Park Assist" and "Service Stabilitrak" errors came up, and the entire main instrument cluster stopped displaying data: dash lights worked, but tach and speedo needles wouldnt move, HUD lit up but displayed 0 mph, DIC wouldnt display, and the car died. I got it re-started, told the tech I would be back in a bit, and drove it home without any speedo or tach. Seems like I remember the console gages working, so I figured the problem couldnt be too bad.

Once I got home, it got worse: I parked it in the driveway, it died on me, and would not start up and stay running. Needless to say I freaked out. Car is stock except for CAI and exhaust (no drivetrain mods/tune). I was not looking forward to having it towed to the dealer for this.

I looked on this forum for any info on this issue, but found nothing, so I used the tried and true method I use on my BMW when it goes whack-o: battery nap. I remove the negative battery cable for about 10 minutes, reconnected it, and it fixed everything. Car started right up, all DIC errors gone and everything works now (well, except for the DIC message to re-set the TPMS system is still there).

I assume this problem might have something to do with my trying to re-set the TPMS using the old method, and not completing the re-learn cycle. I remember the car threw the "Park Assist" and "Stabilitrak" code when I re-started the car at the tire shop to put it in the bay for the tech to work on it...the dash problem started when he tried to put it in relearn mode (I think).

Looks like my battery nap had the same effect as you pulling the fuse on yours... Lesson learned.
BlueStreakHouTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 03:13 PM   #13
Medrano13

Drives: Camaro LS
Hi if anyone can help me out I’m having the same issues with my Camaro 2015 ls I took my car to a stereo shop to install a stereo 6 hrs later I turn my car and the instrument cluster when out so I order another and still the same thing gauges ain’t working they reset it by disconnecting the negative and nothing can someone please help me out or guide me somewhere or else can I do thank you 🙏🏻
Medrano13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 04:16 PM   #14
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Congratulations. You did a factory reset ��

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote