Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-09-2010, 02:04 AM   #29
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

Drives: Apollo 11 Camaro IOM
Quote:
Thanks man! Had some guy, whom I am friends with state he doesn't like how my stripes become thinner in the front, but as I explained to him, this was a nightmare for the autobody guys because of how the Camaro's lines are. If they were the same width, it wouldn't look right.
lol
hey do ur stripes go over the top of the car too? never mind i saw ur vid. if u didnt have a sunroof would u have gotten them over the top too? or is that to mustangy?

@Sliker good im glad 2 c some1 get creative with their stripes
Old 01-09-2010, 02:36 AM   #30
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
I'm partial to...you know....

ugh! Those stripes on the Camaro look sooooo good! I wanted to get white on my Black Camaro just like that but I got a clear bra installed so I guess that's out of the equation now.. Anyways, beautiful Camaro you have!
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:09 AM   #31
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorAirForce View Post
ugh! Those stripes on the Camaro look sooooo good! I wanted to get white on my Black Camaro just like that but I got a clear bra installed so I guess that's out of the equation now.. Anyways, beautiful Camaro you have!
Thanks guys. I brag too much without saying anything. Truth be told is that I am VERY proud of them and I can't thank Hylton and Bell040 enough for all the great input on how I should have had my stripes painted. I told Whamslam that the $3700.00 it cost me included painting the ground effects and the custom striping. The stripes do not carry onto the roof because I have a sunroof and it would have created many problems from what I was told. Scully's Auto Body in Hawthorne, NJ did a phenomenal job (as far as quality is concerned; whether you like the stripe and paint design, is of course, purely opinion. These guys did such a great job, when you pop the trunk, the stripes actually continue down the inside back of the car. $3700.00 might seem like a lot but I live in Bergen County NJ which is the wealthiest county in the United States and believe me when I say I'm far from rich, but that is the price you pay for quality around here unfortunately. I also charge high, but reasonable rates for my quality work in my business as well. It all evens out I suppose.

I'll take some pics of the stripes with the trunk open. It's quite cool though most would never see it unless I showcase the vehicle.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:14 AM   #32
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by whamslam3 View Post
lol
hey do ur stripes go over the top of the car too? never mind i saw ur vid. if u didnt have a sunroof would u have gotten them over the top too? or is that to mustangy?

@Sliker good im glad 2 c some1 get creative with their stripes
Those are some great questions. I never get confused for a Challenger or a Mustang oddly enough. Those that have never seen a Gen 5 Camaro accidentally call my car a Mustang from the distance, but the rally stripe pattern is distinctly and clearly Camaro, like the hockey stripes. I just took the stripes all the way, that's all. If I didn't have a sunroof, I definitely would have done the roof, but unless you are driving an elevated vehicle like an SUV or truck, you'd never know the stripes weren't on the roof. My car was called "mustangy" by a member here as a matter of fact, after I had it done, but I wasn't upset or anything and if the stripes don't look right to you, you can tell me. It's totally cool.

To those that have vinyl stripes, please strongly consider at least painted stripes that are clear-coated. Once you have it done, you'll clearly understand how anything else just won't cut it. TRUST ME!
Old 01-09-2010, 03:37 AM   #33
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

Thumbs up

they are rly starting to grow on me actually. they did do a rly great job. thats cool that u got ur gfx paint included. i want to see a photo shopped version of ur car with white body and red jewel stripes cuz thats the colors i like. i would totally get them painted over vinyl cuz it does look a lot better just the $ it costs to get them painted is wat makes it so hard:(. hehe
Old 01-09-2010, 04:27 AM   #34
jhmurphy

Drives: Grey Beast
Painted on like stock but wrapped around the spolier and on end of the hood and trunk by the windshield and rear window to give them a finished look.
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2010, 04:33 AM   #35
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

these stripes are on the pace car, they look the same size all the way through right, i cant tell for sure i need some1 else to look at it so im not crazy. lol ah never mind i c how they were able to do it, they put them closer together and they dont cover the hood spear section like camaro stripes should. these are more mustang looking to me cuz they are solid, there is no outline stripe. but this still does look prity cool hehe.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:20 AM   #36
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Here are mine
Attached Images

Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:26 AM   #37
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Rally Stripes are the way to go.
Painted Rally stripes look best if you can afford it. But the factory rally stripes also look good.

I'm not a fan at all of the single hood stripe. I've seen a couple hockey stripe setups that were OK, but the rally stripes make the car.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:41 AM   #38
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
hood spears. paint them on! no vinyl.
Hood spears for me, not too busy and could put custom text on them.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #39
Ghost Rider
I'm one bad Mamma Jamma

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Everyone's happy with their own.
Attached Images

DELIVERED on August 25, 2009- 2010 2SS/RS, Yellow, A6, VIN # 34902

DELIVERED on September 9, 2009 -Custom Bumblebee Stripes and engine cover.

DELIVERED on September 10, 2009 - Painted GFX
Ghost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #40
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by whamslam3 View Post
these stripes are on the pace car, they look the same size all the way through right, i cant tell for sure i need some1 else to look at it so im not crazy. lol ah never mind i c how they were able to do it, they put them closer together and they dont cover the hood spear section like camaro stripes should. these are more mustang looking to me cuz they are solid, there is no outline stripe. but this still does look prity cool hehe.
If you look carefully toward the bottom of the front end, you can see the stripes to cave and thin inward a little bit. I just didn't want stripes that thick or wide.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:35 PM   #41
kauffjd3

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
Everyone's happy with their own.

This is how mine is going to look eventually. but in RJT

kauffjd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #42
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

nice combo camaro21 i was thinkin about that combo too a few days ago but idk there is just somethin about rally stripes hehe.

Tags
accessories, decals, graphics, question, stripes