Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-07-2009, 02:52 PM   #29
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I guess the DC show was skipped for an open vehicle due to the idiots on capitol hill.

I don't blame GM. I wouldn't want to give those idiots any extra opportunities to check out the vehicles they tried so hard to close down.

Thanks Scott, I just misread the LARGE FONT from back in December.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:26 PM   #30
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KZ28_For_Now View Post
Did you see the TX State Fair threads!?!?!?

We only got to see one black RS as it drove by, and was mobbed by spectators afterwards.

No "sit in" priviledges. No details other than "it will be available soon"

Performance details "TBD."

Some people expect too much.

I think the ability to witness one "in person" should be worth the trip.

Some may disagree.

Sheesh!?!?! Are you even glad that you saw one in person?

You should be. It could have just as easily been cancelled and swept away, just as if it never existed.

Cheers.
I do understand you did not get the opportunity to see the original post I have edited. It's not your fault since I changed it after my question was answered.

For you, the need to drive hours to look at a car might be worth it, but for me I would have stayed home instead of driving three hours and paying all the fees for parking, show...etc...

I went to the Philly event, and spent enough money there. The money and time was well worth it and I do not feel like I need to go to every show that a Camaro will be at. I will have mine soon enough. I misread the post as I have stated and it was my fault. Now, maybe you can move on with your rant to another post which you feel deserving of your skills.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:58 PM   #31
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
OK - look -- I understand why you want to sit in the cars ....

WE want you to sit in the cars -- but we won't open a car if the interior isn't 'finished' -- meaning that the panels aren't in 'final grain' -- if we DID - the spray material we put on the panels would rub off.....

...........and then we'd hear all kinds of thoughts on 'cheap' interiors.....

............and WORSE, we'd have people thinking that all interiors would have the graining falling off.............

So........this is a case of:

You are Damned if you do -- and you are Damned if you do not.

We believe we should have at least one Camaro in every show...unfortunately some must still be locked up.

Not trying to stir the pot here, but why can't you use the captured test fleet cars that are being built now, and as each one comes off the line designate it for a city's show? That way, every city has one that people can sit in (I guess I'm assuming all CTF stage Camaros have finished interiors)..... oh, just currious, will there be one we can sit in on the 28th?
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:48 PM   #32
gigemrick

Drives: Frontier 6" lift 33's, 03 GSXR
Just got back from the show in DC. Was also disappointed I wasn't able to sit in the camaro, but was very impressed with it's presence. Its funny how the six figure ZR1 was sitting there finger printed all up and down but the 30 grand camaro was ropped off sitting pretty in the middle of it all.... Over all i'm glad i saw my future purchase in person and am even more excited now more than ever to see these on the road.... Good times.

Ordered: 3/09
Black 1SS
2 Tone Gray/Black Interior
Polished Wheel Upgrade
RS Package
Hurst Option
gigemrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:44 AM   #33
PatrickfromMD

Drives: Buick Enclave/Corvette/2010 Camaro
so
Quote:
OK - look -- I understand why you want to sit in the cars ....

WE want you to sit in the cars -- but we won't open a car if the interior isn't 'finished' -- meaning that the panels aren't in 'final grain' -- if we DID - the spray material we put on the panels would rub off.....

...........and then we'd hear all kinds of thoughts on 'cheap' interiors.....

............and WORSE, we'd have people thinking that all interiors would have the graining falling off.............

So........this is a case of:

You are Damned if you do -- and you are Damned if you do not.

We believe we should have at least one Camaro in every show...unfortunately some must still be locked up.

Granted, a production ready Camaro that we could have climbed into would have been real nice, but the alternative of nothing to see at all due to limited availability would have been far worse. I loved seeing the new Camaro the first day the DC show was open. Enough so that I came back Saturday for another look. Thanks Scott and Chevy for keeping my appetite wet.

*** Last Day in DC is Today Everyboby... Go See It ***
P.S. sorry for the poor focus
Attached Images

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #34
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Not trying to stir the pot here, but why can't you use the captured test fleet cars that are being built now, and as each one comes off the line designate it for a city's show? That way, every city has one that people can sit in (I guess I'm assuming all CTF stage Camaros have finished interiors)..... oh, just currious, will there be one we can sit in on the 28th?
Because the captured test fleet vehicles MUST accumulate miles on them PRONTO or we can't ship the new ones!

Trust me: we aren't COMPLETELY stupid (altho. there was that incident yesterday with locking myself out of the house...............)

We KNOW you want to sit in the cars -- we WANT you to sit in the cars.

REPEAT AFTER ME: there IS a downside for sharing information early!

(..... should we keep the 6th gen car under wraps until start of production????.......)

And speaking of 'Captured Test Fleet" vehicles -- John/Cheryl/I have not rec'd them yet........
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:20 PM   #35
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
And speaking of 'Captured Test Fleet" vehicles -- John/Cheryl/I have not rec'd them yet........
That's unacceptable!

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:46 PM   #36
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
That's unacceptable!
since you have so much time on your hands why dont you try doing scotts job. believe me I wouldlove to be able to step in to his shoes at GM but lol I know it will drive me nutz & I will be going postal in a month

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #37
MD

Drives: Beat up Ford Escape WHOO HOO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigemrick View Post
Just got back from the show in DC. Was also disappointed I wasn't able to sit in the camaro, but was very impressed with it's presence. Its funny how the six figure ZR1 was sitting there finger printed all up and down but the 30 grand camaro was ropped off sitting pretty in the middle of it all.... Over all i'm glad i saw my future purchase in person and am even more excited now more than ever to see these on the road.... Good times.

Well said, I just got back myself and WOW.... Great looking ride in person and everything I hoped for..minus the fact that there wasnt a black, but I did get to see the midnight silvers up close on the Blue LT/RS and they were pretttty nice. My friend took some good photos so I will post as soon as I get em, and I had to cross the rope to take a better glance at my future purchase ..I was ready to get kicked out for sure, but Scott just gave me a smirk, as if to say "I understand my friend."

BTW: I heard several people saying it looks like a Challenger... The second time I heard it I got involved in the conversation and I dont think that ignorant fool will say anything that stupid ever again...hopefully
MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:19 PM   #38
MD

Drives: Beat up Ford Escape WHOO HOO!
Name:  n506473738_1336704_1268.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  20.2 KB

Name:  n506473738_1336706_1604.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  20.0 KB

Name:  n506473738_1336734_7371.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  19.5 KB

Name:  n506473738_1336739_8575.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  22.3 KB

Name:  n506473738_1336740_8826.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  18.6 KB

Name:  n506473738_1336742_9296.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  19.7 KB

Name:  n506473738_1336745_40.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  18.3 KB

Name:  n506473738_1336746_282.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  14.0 KB

Name:  n506473738_1336747_530.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  15.4 KB

Name:  n506473738_1336748_769.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  13.7 KB

Name:  n506473738_1336750_1248.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  20.5 KB

Name:  n506473738_1336749_1010.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  16.9 KB
MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #39
DILLIGAF

Drives: 2023 ZL1 M6 Rapid Blue
I'm glad i drove the 4.5 hours from Buffalo to Detroit to see AND SIT in the Camaro. But why was the one in Detroit open and available for everyone to sit in? There was a Camaro at the Buffalo show but it was also roped off.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:34 PM   #40
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
(..... should we keep the 6th gen car under wraps until start of production????.......)
By the time the 6th gen comes out, GM will be surrendering to CAFE and the Camaro will have an updated version of the 1.3 liter 3 cylinder engine from the 1988 Geo Metro
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #41
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
I'm glad i drove the 4.5 hours from Buffalo to Detroit to see AND SIT in the Camaro. But why was the one in Detroit open and available for everyone to sit in? There was a Camaro at the Buffalo show but it was also roped off.
The one at Detroit was a finished interior car. It was exactly what people will get when they buy one. The one at our show was actually the silver car from Indy, and the interior texture (purely for looks) was literally sprayed on. It would rub right off if people kept getting in and out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
By the time the 6th gen comes out, GM will be surrendering to CAFE and the Camaro will have an updated version of the 1.3 liter 3 cylinder engine from the 1988 Geo Metro
Blasphemy!!
Old 02-08-2009, 07:49 PM   #42
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I think it is important to remind people that Congress is in DC, and those guys are going to be debating domestic cars for a while. It might not be so bad for car companies to maintain an image of limited investment when traveling to DC.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote