Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-10-2011, 09:07 AM   #29
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie RS View Post
Nessal thanks for the nice post. I just ordered a set from Auto Agenda and this post will be a huge help, hell it already has. I'm going out tomorrow and getting a 15mm ratcheting wrench, lol.

By the way I ordered the ER series of BC coil overs that just became available for the Camaro last week from my understanding. I'll post after the install.
Let us know how it feels after you test.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:09 AM   #30
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Nessal thanks for the nice post. I just ordered a set from Auto Agenda and this post will be a huge help, hell it already has. I'm going out tomorrow and getting a 15mm ratcheting wrench, lol.

By the way I ordered the ER series of BC coil overs that just became available for the Camaro last week from my understanding. I'll post after the install.

The open ratching wrench helps but make sure you get one where the wrenching end isn't too big or else it won't fit over the nut.

I read about another method that someone else used and it seems pretty good without having to get a open wratcheting wrench. There is a nut on the inside portion of the swaybar endlink. Hold that nut and use a normal ratching wrench with the correct size socket and it should crank out that way as well.

If you get stuck, just let me know.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:52 AM   #31
Squintz Palladoris

Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
Quote:

Get a whole set of metric Gear Wrenches. They come in handy everywhere
Squintz Palladoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #32
Racecarguy

Drives: 2011 CGM vert
What are you guys doing as far as preloading the springs? I used the settings suggested from the BC racing youtube site...What you guys using....I have 5mm i believe front and rears
Racecarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:54 AM   #33
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecarguy View Post
What are you guys doing as far as preloading the springs? I used the settings suggested from the BC racing youtube site...What you guys using....I have 5mm i believe front and rears
There is a DIY write up on C5 that walks you through everything. I didn't have to refer to anything outside of what was in the writeup to get it done.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:16 AM   #34
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Good update
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #35
JHart
I haz camaro again :)

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
They get low too :p(disregard dirty car, hadn't cleaned it from the install the night before.) i've got my dampening on like 16 turns up front, and 20 in the rear, and i am thoroughly impressed with these BC coils.

2010 silverado z71 ccsb(sold, old dd)
2010 camaro1ss(sold, missed, will have another someday)
JHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 11:09 AM   #36
BurnedRubber
Ben Rakers

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Do any of you have any advise on drilling the holes in the trunk pan for the remote adjusters? just got these in the mail and want to make sure i drill in the right place. Thanks, if you have any pics of the holes it would be greatly appreciated.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS K&N Blackhawk Cold air intake, Hawk Performance Ceramic pads, BAER drilled and slotted rotors, Side louver black faded inserts, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, BMR Trailing Arms, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MSD Spark Plug Wires, Texas Speed 1 7/8in Headers and cat back, High Flow Cats, 3 inch X-Pipe, Speed Dawg shift knob, Tuned by Nickey. And oh, its My first car.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_L...5jF6EQEoKDNQ2g
BurnedRubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 07:50 AM   #37
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
I used a large step drill from Harbor freight and a carbide burr.

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:08 PM   #38
BurnedRubber
Ben Rakers

Thanks for the picture. how did you know how far in to drill? i dont see anything about that in the instructions or in any posts.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS K&N Blackhawk Cold air intake, Hawk Performance Ceramic pads, BAER drilled and slotted rotors, Side louver black faded inserts, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, BMR Trailing Arms, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MSD Spark Plug Wires, Texas Speed 1 7/8in Headers and cat back, High Flow Cats, 3 inch X-Pipe, Speed Dawg shift knob, Tuned by Nickey. And oh, its My first car.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:09 PM   #39
fif_gen_powa

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnedRubber View Post
Thanks for the picture. how did you know how far in to drill? i dont see anything about that in the instructions or in any posts.
https://youtu.be/1ulr6abZ13Y

Just after the 9:00 mark he shows where to drill. I used a small bit first than a big uni-bit could also use a hole saw
fif_gen_powa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 12:21 PM   #40
BurnedRubber
Ben Rakers

Thanks! ill use his measurements. But id never let that guy anywhere near my car! lol