Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Any news on production / release dates?

Hello All ... has anyone heard/learned anything new about the 1LE production and/or release dates?

Still in constraint?
Supplier issue/s? Which part/s?
Release date (published)?
Anything else?

Warmly,
CRT ....
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:51 AM   #2
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
My order as well as the orders of many of the camaro 5 comrades for the 1LE will start production on October 15th.
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:37 AM   #3
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
My order as well as the orders of many of the camaro 5 comrades for the 1LE will start production on October 15th.
Congrats. If you all are wave 1 I hope I'm in wave 2. . When did you order?
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
snickerdoodle

Drives: 2013 1LE AGM 2SS RS M6
I ordered the 13 of August... still haven't received my TPW
snickerdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
Lumino1LE
Rally Yellow 2SS/RS/SR

Drives: Born 11/12 2012 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickerdoodle View Post
I ordered the 13 of August... still haven't received my TPW
That's strange. You should check with your dealer - he may be the hold up. I placed my order on Sept 1 and I have a TPW of 10/22.
Lumino1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
Lillarry

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ss/rs 1LE
My tpw is 10/29, it was 10/1 but something changed, I'm getting impatient though!
Lillarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #7
snickerdoodle

Drives: 2013 1LE AGM 2SS RS M6
Lillary, is your profile picture the Chevrolet tracking pic of your 1LE? mine does not show the lip, wheels, or hood... but they are on the build sheet :P
snickerdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #8
camaro1le

Drives: garage is empty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
I also have a 1le on order. Black,2ss,dual mode exhaust..... TPW of 10-22-12. Have you ever gotten any credible info from gm on how many 1le cars there gonna make? When I show my buddies a list of what you get for 3500.00 they can,t believe it! You know thats alot of stuff on that list and some of it aint cheap. I passed on the rs option because it seemed like the only good thing I was gonna get for 1350.00 was the halo,s {which I like a lot but 1350.00?}. The color matched roof ditch and antenna is a mute point on a black car and the 1le option puts the black 20",s on. I and my friends think the price for the package is out of step with the pricing of other extras. The sales manager at my dealership told me that the first release was only gonna be 15 units. I realize sales people can be like lawyers .....If their lips are moving they are lying. Please pass on anything you know about production number estimates. I gave up a 55 belair and a elcamino to order this thing...
camaro1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #9
Cooley

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
It isn't a limited edition, so I don't believe there will be a set number of 1LE's built. Mine is (luckily) in the 10/15 build week.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #10
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1le View Post
I also have a 1le on order. Black,2ss,dual mode exhaust..... TPW of 10-22-12. Have you ever gotten any credible info from gm on how many 1le cars there gonna make? When I show my buddies a list of what you get for 3500.00 they can,t believe it! You know thats alot of stuff on that list and some of it aint cheap. I passed on the rs option because it seemed like the only good thing I was gonna get for 1350.00 was the halo,s {which I like a lot but 1350.00?}. The color matched roof ditch and antenna is a mute point on a black car and the 1le option puts the black 20",s on. I and my friends think the price for the package is out of step with the pricing of other extras. The sales manager at my dealership told me that the first release was only gonna be 15 units. I realize sales people can be like lawyers .....If their lips are moving they are lying. Please pass on anything you know about production number estimates. I gave up a 55 belair and a elcamino to order this thing...
Yes, your salesman is lying. That's quite a sacrifice for your trade, but it should be well worth it, unless your Belair corners over 1G.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #11
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1le View Post

Was your salesman referring to initial release as in they have enough parts to build 15 while waiting for more parts? Or did he mean limited production run? It is supposed to be an unlimited production run since its an option but may be limited right now by parts availability.

I could see there only being 15 built in Oct while the supply chain catches up. And I would not be surprised if GM grossly under estimated the number of requests and doesn't have enough parts since many are shared with the ZL1 (and I'm sure the ~$60k ZL takes priority over the $3500 option)
newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #12
Lillarry

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ss/rs 1LE
No my pic is not the tracking pic, it's the build pic. My dealer told me when they ordered mine that there were only 103 1le's allocated across the country for the first batch. Not sure how true that was but I went to school with my salesman and he's a pretty good friend, needless to say I ordered my 2ss 1le with the dual mode exhaust as soon as I could.
Lillarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:10 AM   #13
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillarry View Post
No my pic is not the tracking pic, it's the build pic. My dealer told me when they ordered mine that there were only 103 1le's allocated across the country for the first batch. Not sure how true that was but I went to school with my salesman and he's a pretty good friend, needless to say I ordered my 2ss 1le with the dual mode exhaust as soon as I could.
That 103 number sounds correct. It's been posted on here somewhere. After they build the first 103 they are supposed to start slowly increasing production.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:32 AM   #14
camaro1le

Drives: garage is empty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillarry View Post
When I was getting prices the 1st dealer of course had never heard of the 1le. The sales manager called GM and got some info {pricing etc.} And he was the 1st person I heard the 103 number from. Maybe he checked the forum for info......But there seems to be a lack of communication when it comes to chevy. I,m gonna keep checking the forum and I might check back in a couple weeks with the sales manager [he took my order] and see if any more info trickles down the pipe. And it still seems like the price of the package is way out of line compared to what other item or packages go for. I was told tpw of 10-22 and a couple weeks travel to the dealership. Been looking real hard at the Kenne Bell 2.8 supercharger setups. Seems like the best one out there to me.
camaro1le is offline   Reply With Quote