Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What should be an option on the 1SS?
Leather heated seats 80 31.37%
Complete Convenience and Connectivity package 137 53.73%
Ambient Lighting 38 14.90%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2009, 11:49 PM   #15
mwoodengr
Clueless Member

Drives: 2005 PT Cruiser Convertible
What am I missing with the C&C package

Forgive me for asking, but any anyone explain to me my the C&C package is of any value. I read thru the list of included items and really the only thing that is of remote interest is the bluetooth. Will this package function similar to the Ford Sync stuff? I just don't get it, but I might be missing something. Thanks
mwoodengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:05 AM   #16
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwoodengr View Post
Forgive me for asking, but any anyone explain to me my the C&C package is of any value. I read thru the list of included items and really the only thing that is of remote interest is the bluetooth. Will this package function similar to the Ford Sync stuff? I just don't get it, but I might be missing something. Thanks
Here's what you get.

Complete Convenience and Connectivity Package
  • Bluetooth® for phone
  • Wireless PDIM for browsing your Player's directories or play lists using steering wheel controls.
  • USB port for IPOD, MP3 Player or Thumb Drive
  • Steering-wheel-mounted audio controls
  • Leather-wrapped steering wheel
  • Leather-wrapped shift knob
  • Cargo convenience net
  • Compass located in Driver Information Center (DIC)
  • Remote vehicle starter system (automatic transmission)

May not be worth much to you. But I'm thinking it's pretty damn cool.

EDIT:

When added to the 1LT: Manual tansmission is only $465, Automatic is $665. No way you can do all this aftermarket for that cost. Not even close.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:14 AM   #17
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Here's what you get.

Complete Convenience and Connectivity Package
  • Bluetooth® for phone
  • Wireless PDIM for browsing your Player's directories or play lists using steering wheel controls.
  • USB port for IPOD, MP3 Player or Thumb Drive
  • Steering-wheel-mounted audio controls
  • Leather-wrapped steering wheel
  • Leather-wrapped shift knob
  • Cargo convenience net
  • Compass located in Driver Information Center (DIC)
  • Remote vehicle starter system (automatic transmission)
May not be worth much to you. But I'm thinking it's pretty damn cool.
yea, I gotta have ALL those... well maybe not the cargo net.. definitely NOT the remote starter... it will clash with my clutch

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
chadrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:20 AM   #18
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Well, it's not listed here, but I would to see the Console Guages offered from the factory in the 1SS. I know some have said here on the forum that the guages would be offered "over-the-counter", but I haven't seen any real proof of that yet, and would like it to be on my build sheet as a factory option. Just my .02
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:34 AM   #19
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Well, it's not listed here, but I would to see the Console Guages offered from the factory in the 1SS. I know some have said here on the forum that the guages would be offered "over-the-counter", but I haven't seen any real proof of that yet, and would like it to be on my build sheet as a factory option. Just my .02
Too many insiders have said the 4 pack will be an option on the 1SS. That's why I left it off.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:36 AM   #20
Rob490

Drives: NONE
well ill probably get with my 1LT but i thought it was AVAILABLE on 1SS if not then thats just inexcusable cmon gm its your loyal customers that buy the SS you'd think it'd atleast theyd make it available
Rob490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:40 AM   #21
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
Yeah, I would have to say C&C, I mean I hope GM does make it an option, they would sell a ton more of the 1SS that way......
fad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:41 AM   #22
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
the ABL is the only thing on that list that i halfway care about.

personally, i'd rather have manual windows/seats/locks as an option before any of that stuff
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:51 AM   #23
Parker

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
The C&C is the main reason I opted for the 2ss. It comes with so much. Break that down individually and should easily add up to 3k alone.

Little sideways off topic, but the GM bluetooth website is sooooo outdated.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:20 AM   #24
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
Dissenting opinion here....the 1SS is meant to be the "sports car" sport car. If you want comfy seats, convenience, connectivity, and ABL....get a different model.

I say that GM should leave the 1SS alone and leave it as a more "raw" muscle car for those who want to performance mod.
josh1147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:22 AM   #25
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Truthfully, I want the option to have it all. I ordered the 1SS/RS Automatic with the Boston Acoustics Speakers, Polished Wheels, and Sun Roof.

If I could get the 4 Pack Gages from the factory, I probably would. If I could get the Ambient Lighting from the factory, I probably would. (I'd rather have them right off the bat, instead of having to spend the time adding 'em later...if they're even available).

I really don't know why the C&C is offered for the 1LT, but not the 1SS?

I like the idea of leather seats, (if they were leather) but think the cloth seats might be better in the long run...I just don't know how well the leather / leatherette will hold up? Also, it gets REAL HOT here where I live. More often than not, cloth is a better choice so you don't burn the BLEEP out of yourself when wearing shorts (which is 7-9 months of the year).

I may not know very much, but I can't help but think every person who orders a new Camaro of whichever model, would order the 4 Pack Gages if they were reasonably priced. Also, I think at least 70-75% of those orders would add the Ambient Lighting as well...if it was reasonably priced. As far as the C&C goes, I don't know. I'd like it, but if I have to cut some costs, I may or may not pull that trigger. (I probably would to be honest with you though!) But the point is, I'd like to have the option.
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:47 AM   #26
Tal

Drives: Old
I think I'll eventually get a 1SS/RS and BA audio. I've thought about the 2SS but it's just not worth it to me, especially since I don't want the leather seats.. If GM will sell it to me I'll add in the C&C package as well. I would be interested in the ambient lighting as a stand-alone upgrade (say $500) but the C&C is much more important and really I'll be annoyed if they don't add it to the option list by next year. The most frustrating part is not being able to get the USB connecter in the center console, you can get that on any Mustang trim, even one that costs less than $20k and it's not even an option on a $31k SS. I don't mind that it's in a bundle of stuff I may not really want, as the bundle is a decent value if they would just offer it with the SS1. This isn't the biggest issue in the world but people spending this much on a car are going to be unhappy seeing an option they want offered on the cheaper LT1. Streamlining production is one thing, but this is one that just irks me as it's something the factory already does. I'll find a way around it if they don't change things (parts from the dealer and install myself depending on price) but it's something GM should really take another look at IMO.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:55 AM   #27
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
I may not know very much, but I can't help but think every person who orders a new Camaro of whichever model, would order the 4 Pack Gages if they were reasonably priced. Also, I think at least 70-75% of those orders would add the Ambient Lighting as well...if it was reasonably priced. As far as the C&C goes, I don't know. I'd like it, but if I have to cut some costs, I may or may not pull that trigger. (I probably would to be honest with you though!) But the point is, I'd like to have the option.
Well I don't care about the 4 pack myself, it's not in a great spot IMO and it seems kind of cheesy. I don't dislike it, but I like a change holder more lol. I think GM made a good choice of offering the gauges as a dealer option though, a lot of people do seem to like them. I agree on ambient lighting, though since they don't seem to have it 100% yet I can understand why they aren't in a hurry to make the lighting availible as a seperate option. I think there's at least some potential to make a lot of money selling the lighting as a dealer install kit, IF they can hit the right pricepoint.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:51 AM   #28
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
my question is without the C&C package the 1SS steering wheel is not leather??