Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
PDX2SS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Factory MTX Amp\Subwoofer Harness - HELP!!

So last night I was able to pick up the GM Factory MTX amp/subwoofer setup (92213214) from a local guy on craigslist. He said it came with harness, but his idea of the harness was a short section which he had cut off right after the sub when he removed it before trading in his camaro. Against my better judgment I went ahead and bought it from him anyways thinking I could order a new harness. After searching around it appears that the harness kit runs about $300. I was hoping I could just add to what I have and t tap into the stock spears. So what I have is a harness with 2 large wires and 4 smaller wires. I assume the larger ones just go to power and the 4 smalls ones tap into a signal on each rear speaker

I was wondering if anyone with this setup could post up detailed pictures of their harness. I am mainly interested in where the 4 wires split and become the 2 sets that connect to the speaker as well as how they split at the speaker connections. Logically thinking I would assume that the 4 small wires would connect to a positive and negative on each of the two rear speakers but I could be drastically wrong. Any help is much appreciated.
Attached Images

PDX2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #2
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
I will tell you right off you need to Call MTX and tell them what you need. I went through this when I sold mine to someone on here and it was a pain in the ass because the dealer said they couldn't help me. My stereo shop messed it up when they took it out. I kept calling MTX and finally they got sick of me and sent me what I needed and didn't charge me.. DO IT MAN!!!!!
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
PDX2SS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermaro585HP View Post
I will tell you right off you need to Call MTX and tell them what you need. I went through this when I sold mine to someone on here and it was a pain in the ass because the dealer said they couldn't help me. My stereo shop messed it up when they took it out. I kept calling MTX and finally they got sick of me and sent me what I needed and didn't charge me.. DO IT MAN!!!!!
Your the man!

It took about 5 calls into mtx with them telling me to call the dealer, but they finally gave in and sent me a harness for $55.

If anyone is interested it looks like the part number is 92234811.
After looking at the harness it simply taps into a positive/negative signal on each speaker if your wanting to make your own.
Attached Images

PDX2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:16 PM   #4
FloMaro

Drives: 2013 V6 Camaro
What Number Did you Guys Call for Mtx? And what You say to Them? I just Bought One of Craigslist With no Wiring! Please Help Bro's
FloMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:59 PM   #5
redleader
redleader

Drives: 2010
I also need the same help and contact details please.
I am in the UK so it's a big Issue for me.
I need:
The Harness
Small Parts Kit
Thank you...
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:31 AM   #6
redleader
redleader

Bump,
Can anyone help please?
GM & retailers & MTX have NO stock of the Harness and GM retailers want $250+ for some Bolts?!
Old 06-27-2014, 06:53 PM   #7
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
The only source that I've ever seen mentioned for the wiring harness is directly from MTX. It doesn't appear to be stocked by GM.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:49 PM   #8
redleader
redleader

Factory MTX Amp\Subwoofer Harness - HELP!!

JimE
MTX USA or Malaysia?
EU don't want to help :-(
Thx
Old 07-05-2014, 11:28 PM   #9
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
I honestly don't recall or seen it mentioned.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote