Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 09-30-2011, 05:00 PM   #1149
427camaro

Drives: 2011 HTR-454SS Camaro, 87 Buick GN
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I struggled with where to post this first. In the end, the die hard Z/28 guys live here.

Time to

We have been working with a special partner to create what we consider to be the ultimate 5th Gen Camaro. We started with the premise that Pedders USA 2010 SEMA / OPTIMA / Road Course Camaro was the ultimate Camaro. The performance range of that car put it on an equal footing with a Z06. That was then. This is now. We want to be faster. A lot faster.

No forced induction -- just a 427 that makes more RWHP and more RWTQ than the as-fast-as-a Z06 Pedders Camaro.

Better Brakes -- The CTS-V brakes are wonderful, but the goal is to be faster. To be faster we needed better brakes. We got them.

Stronger Differential -- Our ZR1 hunting Camaro had to have a stronger differential to take the abuse of hurtling a two-ton Camaro around a road course and put down power in the turns no matter what the G load. That box has been checked.

Thermal Management -- Got to have a carbon fiber heat extractor hood. If we want to run all day we felt a custom radiator was in order. Done.

5 Point Harnesses -- Our old car ran with nothing more than the factory belt. We didn't even use a G Lock. Drivers are faster when they don't have to hold on and driver. The new Z project has driver and passenger 5 Point Harnesses.

There is more, but that is all the beans this can had. I can't wait for SEMA to debut this Z. To be very clear, this is not a show car. It is a go car from conception. It is a vehicle that we all would love to see GM build. They can't build what we are building by regulation and economics. I know some will be disappointed with the price point for our custom built Z. I guarantee you that no one will be disappointed with the performance numbers. Oh how I wish this car was rolling off the GM assembly line. Maybe it will some day, but I want what I want and I wanted it now. I got it with a little help from my friends.
HI Pete - Is Pedders going to sell these, or is this a one time build ?
427camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:10 PM   #1150
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
What is this you speak of?
The stuff dreams are made of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Very "nice" Pete!
Now make it look incredibly "MEAN".
Absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
All I want to see in this "Ultimate 5th Gen" is a tribute to that in which instills competition, spite and overall fuel that feeds this 50 year old fire that currently burns in over 3 million Americans.

I want this decal to grace the sheet metal or bumper covers of this so called "Ultimate 5th Gen" so this pony car war continues (even though GM already lost in 2002). I would also like this "Ultimate 5th Gen" to be displayed at Camarofest IV as I gracefully bow out of the war industry and hopefully assume my position in an automotive industry war (yes, I am going to retire).

This is my proposal.. supporting the troops and fueling the fire... I worked long and hard on this.
The Z will be at SEMA, C5FEST III and more. It is tough to leave something you love, especially when health reasons are involved. The good news is you'll be back in the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427camaro View Post
HI Pete - Is Pedders going to sell these, or is this a one time build ?
One time builds cost an arm and a leg. The Z will be sold as a complete vehicle, but not by Pedders. While I know exactly what I wanted from a Z, the Z required a very special skill set. I would like to take credit for the project, but I can't. All the heavy lifting was done by my 'friends'. Pedders is just a piece of the puzzle.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:33 PM   #1151
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Haz zee name of zaid Beazty been finalizzzed?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:48 PM   #1152
427camaro

Quote:
One time builds cost an arm and a leg. The Z will be sold as a complete vehicle, but not by Pedders. While I know exactly what I wanted from a Z, the Z required a very special skill set. I would like to take credit for the project, but I can't. All the heavy lifting was done by my 'friends'. Pedders is just a piece of the puzzle.
This sounds like it's a project heading in the direction I would like to also go in. I don't know if I can afford it, but time will tell. Yes, one off builds & even many of the aftermarket tuner cars are expensive. If it turns out that a recognised name (Lingenfelter, Hennessey, etc) is doing the building, then that's a big plus, as people recognise that value. Just hope that a name brand like those don't cause it to be priced too high. I'm currently selling another car to make room for the camaro, and waiting to see what the GM version of the Z28 will be, but when your car is ready to market it sounds like a good one to consider.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #1153
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Haz zee name of zaid Beazty been finalizzzed?
Yes and it will be a Z / XX

Quote:
This sounds like it's a project heading in the direction I would like to also go in. I don't know if I can afford it, but time will tell. Yes, one off builds & even many of the aftermarket tuner cars are expensive. If it turns out that a recognised name (Lingenfelter, Hennessey, etc) is doing the building, then that's a big plus, as people recognise that value. Just hope that a name brand like those don't cause it to be priced too high. I'm currently selling another car to make room for the camaro, and waiting to see what the GM version of the Z28 will be, but when your car is ready to market it sounds like a good one to consider.
There is no way that I / Pedders would partner on a project like this with anyone less than the best. It is too early to make the full announcement, but no way no how will anyone be disappointed. Did I mention the 427 is dry sumped?
Old 09-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #1154
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
So Pete? I didn't know my thread title would be used as a formula.
Hey that's it "Formula Z"!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:24 PM   #1155
427camaro

Quote:

There is no way that I / Pedders would partner on a project like this with anyone less than the best. It is too early to make the full announcement, but no way no how will anyone be disappointed. Did I mention the 427 is dry sumped?
Sounds great !!
Is there any down side to a dry sump system other than additional cost ?
This was most likely outined in one of your earlier posts, but I'll ask anyway, are you putting a hot cam in the LS7 Z project ? I really like the old school thumpy idle. Have actually heard several cammed LS7's and when you hear it you just know it's a very special car.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #1156
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Congrats, Pete, et al. Glad "the plan" is coming together!

I, for one, will be sorry I'm not at SEMA for the reveal and, of course, the Optima Challenge!
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #1157
JusticePete

Quote:
So Pete? I didn't know my thread title would be used as a formula.
Hey that's it "Formula Z"!
We were all hoping your thread would be used as a formula... by GM. There is still hope for a LS7 factory Z/28 and the core group here, if you'll allow me to include myself, we'll continue to demonstrate to GM there are Z/28 buyers waiting for them.

Quote:
Sounds great !!
Is there any down side to a dry sump system other than additional cost ?
This was most likely outined in one of your earlier posts, but I'll ask anyway, are you putting a hot cam in the LS7 Z project ? I really like the old school thumpy idle. Have actually heard several cammed LS7's and when you hear it you just know it's a very special car.
Expense is the only downside to a dry sump system I am aware of. The LS7 has been massaged. The ZL1 will be looking up to Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Congrats, Pete, et al. Glad "the plan" is coming together!

I, for one, will be sorry I'm not at SEMA for the reveal.
While this thread did not generate an assembly line Z/28 it created a lot of discussions in and out of GM. When the Go Call finally came, I was as excited as a little kid on Christmas. Without this thread, the Z project may not have moved forward. Passion is the driver for this project and this is the home of Z/28 passion.

I will make it a point to post pictures from the unveil on Day One of SEMA. My guess is that before I leave the show that day others will have already posted them. Double or triple photos of a Z will be a good thing.

Sorry to read you won't be at SEMA. I am hoping we can all get together at C5FEST III. I am starting a list.

Attending SEMA
Attending C5FEST III
I am chained to my desk and can't make either one
Old 10-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #1158
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
We were all hoping your thread would be used as a formula... by GM. There is still hope for a LS7 factory Z/28 and the core group here, if you'll allow me to include myself, we'll continue to demonstrate to GM there are Z/28 buyers waiting for them.
Yes...yes we will...

Quote:
While this thread did not generate an assembly line Z/28 it created a lot of discussions in and out of GM. When the Go Call finally came, I was as excited as a little kid on Christmas. Without this thread, the Z project may not have moved forward. Passion is the driver for this project and this is the home of Z/28 passion.
Yes...yes it has...

Unless/until they say, "NO!", we'll continue to be as persuasive as we can be...

An SSX is "something"...your "Z/XX" will be "something else"...and a production version DOES NOT HAVE TO BE either of those, but merely contain some of that "special DNA".
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:14 PM   #1159
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Getting very excited! Bring it on!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #1160
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:

Expense is the only downside to a dry sump system I am aware of. The LS7 has been massaged. The ZL1 will be looking up to Big Brother

I will make it a point to post pictures from the unveil on Day One of SEMA. My guess is that before I leave the show that day others will have already posted them. Double or triple photos of a Z will be a good thing.

Sorry to read you won't be at SEMA. I am hoping we can all get together at C5FEST III. I am starting a list.

Attending SEMA
Attending C5FEST III
I am chained to my desk and can't make either one
I hope all the effort filter backs down to ordinary consumers such as I somehow, someway, someday soon to an assembly line GM Z-28, good luck Pete with this awesome sounding project! Sounds like it's going to be way over the F products head...as in stratospheric levels way over their head....
Old 10-01-2011, 04:05 PM   #1161
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
This is sounding like the car that so many Z/28 hopefuls have been waiting for. I hope that it will be everything that all of you have been hoping for. Thanks Pete for continuing the Z/28 momentum.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #1162
JusticePete

Quote:
Getting very excited! Bring it on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post

I hope all the effort filter backs down to ordinary consumers such as I somehow, someway, someday soon to an assembly line GM Z-28, good luck Pete with this awesome sounding project! Sounds like it's going to be way over the F products head...as in stratospheric levels way over their head....
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
This is sounding like the car that so many Z/28 hopefuls have been waiting for. I hope that it will be everything that all of you have been hoping for. Thanks Pete for continuing the Z/28 momentum.
I really want to open another can of beans, but I can't. On the otherhand, when this car hits the streets and track it will open a commercial sized can of

Tags
700 hp z/28 in 2014, the greatest camaro