Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-11-2008, 10:16 PM   #127
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillInThe04Ranger View Post
Desktop background :
Thats the first thing that I did when I saw it
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:16 PM   #128
WillInThe04Ranger

Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69copo View Post
I haven't read all of the pages yet so I may be repaeting some things. I would love to see the halo light's on the production model. I don't have dislike the the ones in the pic but I have loved the halos ever since the prototype. I would love to see the side vents and ram air cut out as well. I'm thinking that this might be a V6 and this might be the way to show a difference in the models. I could be wrong I'm just thinking and typing at the same time. The thing that I like most now is the mirrors. On the prototype I was concerned about visibility but they seemed to correct this in what I hope will be the production version. The badging has me concerned, I would like to have the option numbers on the side..Z/28,RS,SS ect. I hate the little GM badge that they stick on the lower fender. I have it on my CTS and I think it looks tacky. We (and the world) know who makes the camaro so I don't think it is needed and will cheapen the overall image of the car, but I'm begining to ramble...........
EVerything is better on the concept model, everyone knows that, they'll make the stuff the concept has but it will be aftermarket I'm sure of it ..... Just sit back and wait lol
Old 01-11-2008, 10:17 PM   #129
WillInThe04Ranger

Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Thats the first thing that I did when I saw it
haha Well I have a lot of pics of the 5th gen saved but I never use them, but I am using this one. I think the white sets the car off
Old 01-11-2008, 10:21 PM   #130
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Haven't had a chance to read the entire thread yet, so I'm not sure if this has been addressed, but if the hood scoop and rear vents aren't cut through, I am simply going to have to replace those body panels if I get the Camaro.
Hate to quote myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
And I'm very sure (though I don't actually 'know') that the air scoop, and the faux rear brake vents will either be cut-out (brake vents non-functional), or they will be made to look like they're cut-out. And my "very-suredness" extends to believing they'll be cut out.
I really think that they just aren't cut out for the prototype - both are so small, that I hardly think they'd have any significant effects on aerodynamics, so why bother cutting them? It just doesn't make ANY sense to leave them not-cut for production.

The Concept Coupe breathes through the vent, so it's not like it's impossible to do. And Maximum Bob pointed it out during an interview as one of the 'important design features'. IF they aren't cut out (hardly likely), GM won't let them look that way. Because as it stands, they look worse than the Mustang's fake vents everywhere - which I didn't think was possible to do.
Let's just relish at how great this thing looks in Pre-Production form. Because it's gonna be downright sinister when this arrives on dealer lots.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:24 PM   #131
gurulu68

Drives: 68 camaro rs
I think the car looks very much likew the concept but the only thing I don't like so far that looks like it's probably going to stay are the black moldings around the windows. It makes the car look old. In my opinion I think they should scrap the moldings because it makes the car look more modern.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:24 PM   #132
zman302
DZ 302 4spd

Drives: 1969 Z/28
The pics of the prototype look great, I can't belive anyone thinks this car doesn't look as good as the concept. The only problem with this car is the release date is way too far out, I know they want to get it right, but it just seems like a long time to get from concept to production and letting Dodge beat them to production with the Challenger. Come on GM, surprise us with a early release date on this great car.
zman302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #133
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman302 View Post
The only problem with this car is the release date is way too far out, I know they want to get it right, but it just seems like a long time to get from concept to production and letting Dodge beat them to production with the Challenger. Come on GM, surprise us with a early release date on this great car.
Some points to chew on. (I'm not trying to come across agressive, or anything - just spitting them out there.)

1: This is a Brand New car. Fresh sheet of paper. New style, new chassis, (probably new engine) An entire assembly plant (Oshawa) needs to be retooled to accept this new type of vehicle (Global RWD IRS; aka Zeta). And as you said, they really do want to get it right. It's gonna take a bit.

2: Compounding the above; Challenger was built off an existing chassis, that already has a plant ready to accept it. It's rather unoriginal, too. IMHO.

It will be 3 years from concept to Production (Jan '06 - ~Jan '09). According to Scott, and Bob Lutz(whom I trust very much) - that's excellent time for a brand new vehicle.

Just hang in there a few more months (I can't believe we're even counting in those units!!! )
Old 01-11-2008, 10:56 PM   #134
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Just hang in there a few more months (I can't believe we're even counting in those units!!! )
We could count down in days or weeks if they would give us a release date. But from what we have heard, the new Camaro is about 41 weeks away from going into production, give or take a week.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:27 PM   #135
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Balonywolf, excellent photoshop. Bowtie, headlights, and vents look just perfect.

Dragon, I hope you're right about cutting those vents out. Fake vents, even if they look real, are one of my pet peeves in car design. Yeah from a distance the fake mesh on the Mustang looks functional, but it still bugs me knowing that it isn't. So I'm sure they'll at least make them look functional, but if they are not really cut out I'll have to either cut them out or buy aftermarket panels myself, which really really annoys me. I was hoping to do no external mods involving body panels.

I'll state again, I don't mind the headlights as they are now, so I can only imagine how nice the production lights will look. No worries there.

And I'm still undecided whether I want a black or billet grill. I'm pretty sure I'll get mine in Ink Slate if it is offered. Before we had the thread about the billet grill I would never want anything other than a black grill on a car, but now I'm about evenly split. Hmmm...
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:40 PM   #136
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
And I'm still undecided whether I want a black or billet grill. I'm pretty sure I'll get mine in Ink Slate if it is offered. Before we had the thread about the billet grill I would never want anything other than a black grill on a car, but now I'm about evenly split. Hmmm...

Speaking of which...I spent an even 30 min. trying to billet the grille on the Prototype...I can't get it. There's just not enough contrast in the grille to work with. I got something...but I don't want my name associated with it.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:41 PM   #137
stovt001

No worries. I was wondering what happened to it, but my imagination can do a decent job. It looks great in my head.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:46 PM   #138
smike07

Drives: 1998 convertible Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
We could count down in days or weeks if they would give us a release date. But from what we have heard, the new Camaro is about 41 weeks away from going into production, give or take a week.
They have no official release date because they prefer to cover their own @ss. If you tell the public something, and something gets screwed up along the way for GM, they'd rather not be haunted by all the hate mail and angry customers who were relying on an exact date. Dragon's right. By the way, I'll take her in black. Anything I don't like I can fix later. She looks BEEEEAUTIFUL!!!! :party0038:
smike07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:29 AM   #139
maro&bird

Drives: ls3 ss
that's just gorgeous i like those headlights
maro&bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:37 AM   #140
stovt001

So can we get an ink slate photoshop sometime? I had the ink slate photoshop of the rear view as my desktop, and I'd like to replace it with this one. Thanks!