Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 10-18-2010, 11:53 PM   #1
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Thumbs down the Service Department @ Harbor Chevrolet STINKS!!!

I highly recommend you go elsewhere for any service on your vehicle.

I'm tired of having to do all the foot-work for them.

I'm tired of going in with a problem, and being told that the system is "Operating As Designed".

I'm tired of being told that these symptoms I'm having are "Normal Characteristics" of this car.

I'm tired of finding software updates online that address problems that I'm having, bringing the print outs to the dealer, dropping off my Camaro, then coming back the next day only to be told that "There Are No New Software Updates Available." - then I provide my own documentation AGAIN, and they take my car around back and perform the described software updates while I sit there waiting.

I'm tired of having my "Goodwrench Multi-Point Vehicle Inspection" fudged.

I'm tired of being told that my tire pressure has been set to 35psi, when the cold pressure is supposed to be 36psi, BUT it hasn't been touched at all an is reading 31, 32, 32, 31psi just how I dropped it off.

I'm tired of having my car scuffed, scratched, and dented at the dealer.

When I got my oil changed, the dude put 9 QUARTS of oil in the engine.

As of this week, my Camaro has spent around 40 days at the dealer.

Apparently NO ONE there can write a proper work order that describes the problems that I'm having. One guy couldn't seem to put two words together that made any sense at all.

I'm tired of having all my issues just blown off.

I'm tired of not being taken seriously.

I'm tired of having these people give my the guilt trip because I gave them a poor review on a GM Customer Satisfaction survey... because their service STINKS!!!

I don't see how this place is still open. I've spent HOURS sitting there, walking around, talking to other customers. I've witnessed Harbor Chevrolet Service Department employees feeding other customers these same BS lines time after time.

Most of all, I feel bad for anyone else who takes their cars or trucks there for for service... anyone who isn't internet savvy... anyone who doesn't know how their car is supposed to run... anyone who believes the dealer when they tell them that the engine's rough idle is normal... or that ACTIVE FUEL MANAGEMENT is supposed to kick in when you're accelerating and putting pressure on the accelerator pedal...

...I feel bad for anyone who doesn't have the BALLS to tell these poor excuses for GM sponsored employees to FECK OFF... anyone who doesn't have the BALLS to stand up for what they know is right.
Attached Images

Last edited by KeepItGreasey; 11-17-2010 at 06:23 PM.
KeepItGreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Dang, what the heck is up with the Chevy dealers these days?!?!?!?

I can understand your frustration, Greasey and I think you have every right to raise hell on them (just let me know when you do so I can take part of it )

Maybe you can send them an email with this link and let them know that they won't be getting any Camaro owners to their dealership
Old 10-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #3
rmnc3r

Drives: me up the wall.
Hmmm,
My one experience with them wasn't too bad; they only replaced the (useless) driver's side sun visor, but it was done quickly and professionally. A high-level manager even came and chatted me up while I was waiting.

Have you tried Penske - formerly S&J - in Cerritos?
rmnc3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:57 AM   #4
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
WOW

That dealership sounds like a REALLY big winner Been there before with certain dealerships and never went back. Go somewhere where they ACTUALLY care about you as a customer and are very honest with you
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:58 AM   #5
marojoe

Drives: 2011 CGM LS - M6
Suxs -

don't we have a thread somewhere on BAD service dealers?
marojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
I got my car from there and I have taken my car there to get my light fixed and I did not have a problem. Now as for Martin chevy, do not get me started!! THEY REALLLLLLLY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I thought harbor was fine....
Old 10-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #7
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

"We" have several threads on bad service dealers...

Selman, Harbor, and Martin, this is dedicated to you:
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #8
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

How bad is it when the dealer just whips through that 27 Point Inspection?

I asked the Service Manager, "What kinda damage can be done by overfilling the engine oil?" - and he tried to act like it was nothing, until I pointed out the fact that I did come in with oil leaking from 3 different areas under my hood.

I have lost sleep over all of this. I have no confidence in the 2010. I have no confidence in this dealer - sales department is fine I guess though. If I was to get another Camaro, I'd wait for a 2012... I have driven a 2011, and it's a much nicer ride than my 2010... But really, all of this has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I don't get excited about my car anymore... I just dread my next trip to the dealer. The Camaro looks good, it performs well, and it's comfortable as hell to set cruise control at 75mph and let it do its thing...

...but...

Old 10-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #9
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
How bad is it when the dealer just whips through that 27 Point Inspection?

I asked the Service Manager, "What kinda damage can be done by overfilling the engine oil?" - and he tried to act like it was nothing, until I pointed out the fact that I did come in with oil leaking from 3 different areas under my hood.

I have lost sleep over all of this. I have no confidence in the 2010. I have no confidence in this dealer - sales department is fine I guess though. If I was to get another Camaro, I'd wait for a 2012... I have driven a 2011, and it's a much nicer ride than my 2010... But really, all of this has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I don't get excited about my car anymore... I just dread my next trip to the dealer. The Camaro looks good, it performs well, and it's comfortable as hell to set cruise control at 75mph and let it do its thing...

...but...

sorry to hear about your troubles man. I know what you mean about not getting excited anymore and dreading even driving the car, etc. Just drive the thing and try not to worry too much about anything about it anymore. Trust me, after a few weeks of not caring too much, you will begin to enjoy it again. Don't lose track of the fact that it is just a car no matter what. It can be replaced.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:58 AM   #10
VictoryMuscleCars

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS RS Convert
This totally blows! Is it possible to escalate above the dealership? Can they provide you the regional GM service managers contact info? Sounds like this dealership is way out of their depth with helping you. Good luck!!
Old 10-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #11
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

GM customer service is not helpful at all... even the "district" manager was no help. haven't heard anything from them in weeks.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:13 AM   #12
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
YOU THINK YOU GOT IT BAD ??????????? i got a damn LEMON from this dealership, never again, I am sticking to my local dealer going forward
Old 10-27-2010, 09:32 AM   #13
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
I got my car from them, anything is fine with my car.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:21 AM   #14
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

I said it in my thread and I'll say it here again:

"There's no good service anymore..."