Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-10-2013, 05:06 AM   #1
RedWingsZL1

Drives: 2013 AGM M6 ZL1, 2008 Tahoe LTZ
Best speakers for under $125/pair

Hey guys,

Looking to you audio people to help out a guy who's been out of the car audio scene for awhile. After reading how horrible the BA system is stock it's not inspired much confidence in my ability to not do some audio stuff. I have the amp picked out and including everything from ******** I'll need.

I'm limiting myself to $125 a pair or so (Amazon price not crutchfield, so probably closer to 150-200 depending)

I'm going to be using the PBR300X4 amp from Rockford Fosgate, great reviews, small amp, and the only downfall is it's 4ohm only, which means I have to replace the factory speakers if I'm going to use it.

That leads me to my last question. If I just replace the factory amp, how bad are the speakers themselves?
Old 04-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #2
mbober99

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
one can never say what is better, its always going to be a personal preference to the sound of any different speakers. Stick with a name brand that gets good reviews and im sure you will be happy with them.
mbober99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2015 Sierra Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsZL1 View Post
Hey guys,

Looking to you audio people to help out a guy who's been out of the car audio scene for awhile. After reading how horrible the BA system is stock it's not inspired much confidence in my ability to not do some audio stuff. I have the amp picked out and including everything from ******** I'll need.

I'm limiting myself to $125 a pair or so (Amazon price not crutchfield, so probably closer to 150-200 depending)

I'm going to be using the PBR300X4 amp from Rockford Fosgate, great reviews, small amp, and the only downfall is it's 4ohm only, which means I have to replace the factory speakers if I'm going to use it.

That leads me to my last question. If I just replace the factory amp, how bad are the speakers themselves?
The stock Boston speakers aren't that bad, but they are 2 ohm.....

For that kind of money, check out the Polk Audio DB6501 and the MBQUART PVL216.
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Exterior Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber * OEM body kit Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Mosconi 6to8v8 w/ RCD * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote