Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions > Guides, Manuals, Bulletins, Documentation Archive

Old 08-16-2008, 03:31 PM   #99
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatonedude View Post
What the hell is CHMSL??? under the exterior page??...And no spare tire for the SS??? and what is a tire inflator kit??...a can of fix a flat???
Tire inflator kit does include a air pump with sealant, same as I have on my Sky.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:53 PM   #100
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
I'm more inclined to believe that was a mistake.

It states what the RS package comes with, and nowhere is the front fascia listed as part of it.
I don't know. I think its getting a little too close to production time to be messing up on brochures for the salesman. Have you not noticed that they haven't said or shown anything about the rs/ss? I wouldn't put it past them.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:10 PM   #101
Mungo

Drives: trans am
The color version of the sales person guide that was posted by Diognes56 appears to be the "SS" in pre-production form(Imo final). The front facia is different than the one just below it. The lower opening is bigger and has a different shape than the the RS. Just above the fog lamp you can see a little bulge which identifies it as the SS. Looks great to me from that angle. The black roof drip molding and black molding around the windows. The turn signals are in the right place and the headlight appears to be the large fish-eye lense. That picture looks to me to be the pre-production SS. Outstanding looking especially with 20' polished wheels.
Mungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:21 PM   #102
Geno

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diognes56 View Post
Since you guys have them anyway. These were emailed to me by a friend.

David
Now let me see here??? Has anyone ask this or has it been addressed?
It says "All Weather Tires" for 18" and 19" but "Summer" tires for the 20" wheel. WTF???? Do we even have a choice with the RS package???
Same retarded VP make this decision as did no white cars till after the 500 pace car next year?
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:56 PM   #103
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
Now let me see here??? Has anyone ask this or has it been addressed?
It says "All Weather Tires" for 18" and 19" but "Summer" tires for the 20" wheel. WTF???? Do we even have a choice with the RS package???
Same retarded VP make this decision as did no white cars till after the 500 pace car next year?
Hmm...that is weird...

Scott? Is there an alternative? I'd really hate to drive through rain and snow in summer tires...
Old 08-16-2008, 07:10 PM   #104
levoncmo

Drives: 1999 camaro ss
everything sounds good, but the one thing that i dont understand is, does the SS get the ambient lighting as well or is it just a v6 Lt thing? Or is it like an interior package that you can order with your car? In short I just want to be able to get an SS RS with all the horns and whisltes, that meaning the ambient lighting and all. And i also heard from some where that the new camaro will be offering launch control and afterburners. Call me crazy if you want but thats what i heard. Is this true, I didnt see anything in that pdf file that said this. lol
levoncmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:34 PM   #105
thatonedude

Drives: 1989 Irocz
i noticed the turn signals on the outside of the headlights on the ss...but on the rs they are on the inside...is this concept vs. production or what???
thatonedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:39 PM   #106
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
i noticed the turn signals on the outside of the headlights on the ss...but on the rs they are on the inside...is this concept vs. production or what???
They had some concept pictures labeled as production cars for some reason...
Old 08-17-2008, 12:25 AM   #107
thatonedude

Drives: 1989 Irocz
What trim levels are available on Camaro coupe?

The Camaro coupe will be offered in five trim levels: LS, 1LT, 2LT, 1SS and 2SS. Be sure to visit the Product section for standard feature information.

i got this from an "undisclosed" source...i wonder what the difference is from the the 1ss and the 2 ss is??

or i bet its the Ls3 or the L99 or whatever...

Last edited by thatonedude; 08-17-2008 at 12:38 AM. Reason: thought about it
thatonedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:08 AM   #108
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
What trim levels are available on Camaro coupe?

The Camaro coupe will be offered in five trim levels: LS, 1LT, 2LT, 1SS and 2SS. Be sure to visit the Product section for standard feature information.

i got this from an "undisclosed" source...i wonder what the difference is from the the 1ss and the 2 ss is??

or i bet its the Ls3 or the L99 or whatever...
Most likely the 2SS is the fully loaded, LS3 equipped model.

It'd be so much easier if was just a straightforward LS/LT/SS...
Old 08-17-2008, 10:57 AM   #109
Mungo

Drives: trans am
Quote:
Originally Posted by levoncmo View Post
everything sounds good, but the one thing that i dont understand is, does the SS get the ambient lighting as well or is it just a v6 Lt thing? Or is it like an interior package that you can order with your car? In short I just want to be able to get an SS RS with all the horns and whisltes, that meaning the ambient lighting and all. And i also heard from some where that the new camaro will be offering launch control and afterburners. Call me crazy if you want but thats what i heard. Is this true, I didnt see anything in that pdf file that said this. lol
From things I have read in other blogs, the ambient lighting will be available in both cars with the upgraded leather package when you order the RS and will be standard when ordering the RS/SS package. The RS/SS will probably be the smack daddy of them all.
Mungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:33 AM   #110
Geno

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
From things I have read in other blogs, the ambient lighting will be available in both cars with the upgraded leather package when you order the RS and will be standard when ordering the RS/SS package. The RS/SS will probably be the smack daddy of them all.
One new question and will ask an old one again.
What do the headlights look like without the halos? Not sure I've seen any photos. I do want halos but just curious.
Now the tires again!!! 18" and19", all season tread. 20" clearly says SUMMER TREAD. Not a good choice in the north. Do we get a choice or pot luck? What happened to the Goodyear Eagles we all love???? Never had a car come with B F Goodrich that was worth a damn!!! Perelli, no expearience.
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 12:02 PM   #111
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Hmm...that is weird...

Scott? Is there an alternative? I'd really hate to drive through rain and snow in summer tires...
why ther hell would you even decide to drive a camaroo ss in the winter? obviously they are setting the car up for perofrmance and not snow performance. if your looking for a camaro to drive in the snow then you need the v6 with the 18" wheels because any of the other sets of wheels are going to suck in the snow. i know from experience.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 12:52 PM   #112
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
why ther hell would you even decide to drive a camaroo ss in the winter? obviously they are setting the car up for perofrmance and not snow performance. if your looking for a camaro to drive in the snow then you need the v6 with the 18" wheels because any of the other sets of wheels are going to suck in the snow. i know from experience.
I wasn't talking about the SS.
As for the LT RS, I'll probably have another car to drive in the winter, it's just that I'd rather be able to drive the Camaro whenever I want.
If all else fails, I can just pick up a set of 18" wheels with all-weather tires anytime I want. Doesn't really matter.