Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-17-2009, 11:40 PM   #1
68CamaroRS
Chevy Girl !

Drives: 1968 Camaro RS
Thumbs down The Dealer Took My Order For Themselves!

So far my ordering experience has not been a good one! My first prelimanary order was placed on 10/24/08. I have already received my welcome kit and everything. Then on March 3rd the day my order was to be finalized by the dealer, he informed me that they were going to charge $8,000.00 over MSRP for the car. This would be my 4th new car I have bought from this dealer and on 10/24 he told me that they would not "jack up" the price on me. I took him for his word. BIG MISTAKE. He then informed me that this was just because they found out that my car was going to be the very first car they were going to get and he wouldn't charge me as much if I would order another one. I found out last week by a slip of the tounge at the dealer that GM was producing customer "sold" orders first and they had still ordered the car in my name so they could go ahead and get it in to have on their lot. THIS IS WRONG, The way they treated me and how they are lying to Chevrolet and letting them think I am getting this car. They told me I would still get stuff from Chevy about my car but just to ignore it. So I went in last Thursday 3/12 and put in another prelimanary order and it was supposed to be finalized today and now they are telling me that they didn't get an email to confirm my order today. THIS IS BOLOGNA! Does anyone know who or how to contact Chevrolet so I can find out if they took my "sold order" again and are planning on making big money off of it????? They had agreed to sell me the car I ordered for $1,200 over MSRP and I am trading in a 2004 Corvette Convertible one it. I have this sneaking suspecision they are putting it to me again. I would love to let GM know what the dealers out there are doing. I have the printouts from both of my orders. GM should love me, it looks like to them I have ordered 2 Camaros! Please help with any info available. I believe they think because I am a girl they can get away with treating me like this. This girl is not gonna take it!!! Oh yeah, By the way the dealer is Rod Hatfield in Lexington, KY. My order is for a 2SS Imperial Blue Metalic w/ White SS Stripes, RS Package, Sunroof, and 20" Polished Aluminum Wheels. It would match my 68!
68CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:45 PM   #2
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
There are several GM folks on this forum that ought to be able to help you out. Unfortunately you didn't get pricing in writing so probably not much that can be done except find another dealer who will sell to you at MSRP....but worth a shot!!

Fbod, Alopin, anyone else?? This is an example of a dealer who makes YOU look bad.

Good luck 68CamaroRS!!
josh1147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:45 PM   #3
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
I would definately be going down to the dealer and raising some hell.... that is keep us informed on what happens
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:46 PM   #4
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68CamaroRS View Post
So far my ordering experience has not been a good one! My first prelimanary order was placed on 10/24/08. I have already received my welcome kit and everything. Then on March 3rd the day my order was to be finalized by the dealer, he informed me that they were going to charge $8,000.00 over MSRP for the car. This would be my 4th new car I have bought from this dealer and on 10/24 he told me that they would not "jack up" the price on me. I took him for his word. BIG MISTAKE. He then informed me that this was just because they found out that my car was going to be the very first car they were going to get and he wouldn't charge me as much if I would order another one. I found out last week by a slip of the tounge at the dealer that GM was producing customer "sold" orders first and they had still ordered the car in my name so they could go ahead and get it in to have on their lot. THIS IS WRONG, The way they treated me and how they are lying to Chevrolet and letting them think I am getting this car. They told me I would still get stuff from Chevy about my car but just to ignore it. So I went in last Thursday 3/12 and put in another prelimanary order and it was supposed to be finalized today and now they are telling me that they didn't get an email to confirm my order today. THIS IS BOLOGNA! Does anyone know who or how to contact Chevrolet so I can find out if they took my "sold order" again and are planning on making big money off of it????? They had agreed to sell me the car I ordered for $1,200 over MSRP and I am trading in a 2004 Corvette Convertible one it. I have this sneaking suspecision they are putting it to me again. I would love to let GM know what the dealers out there are doing. I have the printouts from both of my orders. GM should love me, it looks like to them I have ordered 2 Camaros! Please help with any info available. I believe they think because I am a girl they can get away with treating me like this. This girl is not gonna take it!!! Oh yeah, By the way the dealer is Rod Hatfield in Lexington, KY. My order is for a 2SS Imperial Blue Metalic w/ White SS Stripes, RS Package, Sunroof, and 20" Polished Aluminum Wheels. It would match my 68!
First you should add them to the over MSRP dealer thread if they aren't already on it.

I take it you didn't get anything in writing about the price when you ordered. I know it sux but I don't think there is really much you can do if it was all verbal :(

Also, where they the only dealer in your area to order from? I'm not trying to be rude but it's rare that someone would choose to pay over MSRP to begin with.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:58 PM   #5
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68CamaroRS View Post
First you should throw a brick throw there windows. Then really get mad!
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:31 AM   #6
Ry4nVan

Drives: Currently (Toyota Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbro View Post
First you should throw a brick throw there windows. Then really get mad!
AGREED!
Ry4nVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:33 AM   #7
LPFSTheFett

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
You gotta love dealerships. My business partner and I were on the list at one of our local chevy dealerships for the ZR1's. #3 and 4... We were on the list for years, then when it comes to only about 8 or 9 months away from the cars being build I call in to check and see how things were going and if they wanted me to put money down. The guy says no need, the cars aren't even going to be build for another 9 months. I ask him to confirm our numbers and he says 5 and 6. I asked why we got bumped and he said they had people willing to pay over sticker. I never bothered to call back and will never buy another car from that dealer again. Their ultimate loss for an extra $30-40k.

I think it's so unacceptable the way a lot of car dealerships treat customers.
LPFSTheFett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:41 AM   #8
Aaron1121

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Did you give them a deposit? If so, take your deposit receipt, credit card bill, or canceled check. Go to court, file the paperwork for a lawsuit, and have a friend serve your dealer with the complaint while you are there. You probably wouldn't win in court without a contract, but it may scare your dealer, and let them know there are consequences for jacking you around.
Aaron1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:58 AM   #9
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
DITTO

And "rent a dad " or uncle if you have to, but get a witness.

Last edited by OUR72GTO; 03-18-2009 at 02:22 AM.
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:05 AM   #10
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Wow that is really crappy! I would definately raise hell, and hopefully you can get some resolve with them or find a respectable dealer. Sorry to hear this, things like this really need to be fixed. I am sure GM doesn't want their dealers treating there customers like this. GL to ya!

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:45 AM   #11
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam2fst4u View Post
I would definately be going down to the dealer and raising some hell.... that is keep us informed on what happens
I agree, raise as much hell as you can, in the middle of the showroom at their busiest times! And make sure everybody you know (and everybody your friends know) hears about what all they're doing to you. There is no reason for people to be greedy! It's guys like that that do give other dealers (and GM as a whole...even though they didn't have anything to do with it) a bad reputation! Damn, I have no use for thieves of any kind...this really pisses me off!!!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:50 AM   #12
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Two words... Homemade C4...

j/k

but seriously though....
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:13 AM   #13
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Yes, this will get handled....

Nice vette - I could have used that today!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:28 AM   #14
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
What a turd dealership....
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote