Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #15
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsharp View Post
DO these work well with maggie cars and adding cam and such or is that to involved. Do they tune engine and trans?
It is pretty much all I use Now, the tuner is a tool for me to have remote access to your computer for tuning engine and transmission.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:09 AM   #16
DSteck
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by skar View Post
good info. Can you set it back to stock for dealer work ?

Thanks
The dealer can still see that it's been flashed and then returned to stock. You'd only have to worry about it if your engine or transmission grenaded though.
DSteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:40 AM   #17
mr. anderson

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Ted, interested in the SCT. could you pm me a price for a 2011 SS.

2011 LS3
I have Pacesetter LT's with offroad mids.
would like the skip shift disabled.
also tuned for 91 octane( all I can get in OKC).
wouldn't by chance have a military discount would you?

thanks in advance!
mr. anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #18
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. anderson View Post
Ted, interested in the SCT. could you pm me a price for a 2011 SS.

2011 LS3
I have Pacesetter LT's with offroad mids.
would like the skip shift disabled.
also tuned for 91 octane( all I can get in OKC).
wouldn't by chance have a military discount would you?

thanks in advance!
Yes I do, but I don't know how to discount FREE

Ted.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #19
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohten View Post
Any dyno numbers for this tune?
Depends on Mods.

Ted.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:12 PM   #20
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
Is there any sportscar you can't tune come on Ted you know and we know you got what we all need and want MORE POWER!!!!!!!

Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:15 PM   #21
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotthat02fire View Post
Is there any sportscar you can't tune come on Ted you know and we know you got what we all need and want MORE POWER!!!!!!!
I have not come across one YET, I tune Cars, Truck, Boats, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Gas and Diesel or pretty much anything with Pistons.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:04 AM   #22
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
I will rephrase the question,any dyno numbers for a factory stock car with this tune or numbers with a CAI and exhaust which most who have modded have?
GM only left us about 5 RWHP, not like the old days of 20 + just from a tune on the LS1s

The fun comes from removing torque management, Skip Shift, AFM, Rev Limter, Speed Limiter, Fans, etc.

As Mods increase Power increases from the tune.

Our Street Package is worth 40 RWHP LS3 or L99

Ted.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:01 PM   #23
mr. anderson

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
nope ohten, like Ted said there are other things for future mods and tunability too, skip shift elimator, top speed, torque management on a Manual (crazy, but with the advent of fly by wire, computers can modify what full throttle is since it isn't a direct wire connection to the butterflies. crazy huh?) fan cut on speed, Rev Limter, Speed Limiter, AFM disablement if you have a auto, etc.

one of the primary reasons I am getting a tuner is to reduce the torque management. hopefully to zero if possible. I can get a better clutch D
mr. anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:39 PM   #24
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. anderson View Post
nope ohten, like Ted said there are other things for future mods and tunability too, skip shift elimator, top speed, torque management on a Manual (crazy, but with the advent of fly by wire, computers can modify what full throttle is since it isn't a direct wire connection to the butterflies. crazy huh?) fan cut on speed, Rev Limter, Speed Limiter, AFM disablement if you have a auto, etc.

one of the primary reasons I am getting a tuner is to reduce the torque management. hopefully to zero if possible. I can get a better clutch D
Thank you and also it is a Data logging and diagnostic tool as well as a doorway into your computer.

The HP was FREE.

Ted.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #25
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
Quote:
I have a Diablo 93 octane tune with AFM off.IMHO I do not see the cost effectiveness for the FREE 5 HP gain.
get headers with the sct and then be amazed !

Magnuson TVS2300,ported heads,cam,Hotchkis suspension. Weld 17”s, Mickey Thompson’s.
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:48 AM   #26
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
I have no plans of adding headers or anything else to this car.I have a CAI intake and Corsa exhaust w/93 octane Diablo tune.
Had Ted mentioned through my PM's that this tuner was only worth 5 rwhp unless I add long tubes and other parts purchased from him I would have kept my $400 and lived with the Diablo tune.
I don't think your seeing the big picture you now have transmission support for improved performance as well.

5 HP at the top is not as important as the ability to manipulate so many parameters in the transmission.

There are many more ways to gain performance then just Horsepower.

Ted.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:47 AM   #27
ud_lose

Drives: '04 Ford F250 6.0L/'69 vette LS6
Ted

What kinda HP improvements do you think I can expect to see using your SCT tuner on my 2010 ss A6, that has a new era otr intake and a cat back exhaust? How much TM does your tune take out? I will be buying a tune very soon and want the best bang for my buck. Dyno tune vs your tuner. Keep in mind that I live about a mile above sea level. I do have plans for a cam and headers in the extended future.

Oh yeah and could you please PM me a price on your tuner with a tune for my mods?

Thanks for your time,

Randy
Old 09-17-2010, 07:40 PM   #28
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by ud_lose View Post
Ted

What kinda HP improvements do you think I can expect to see using your SCT tuner on my 2010 ss A6, that has a new era otr intake and a cat back exhaust? How much TM does your tune take out? I will be buying a tune very soon and want the best bang for my buck. Dyno tune vs your tuner. Keep in mind that I live about a mile above sea level. I do have plans for a cam and headers in the extended future.

Oh yeah and could you please PM me a price on your tuner with a tune for my mods?

Thanks for your time,

Randy
It really depends on Dyno Test Proceedures, I have seen many dyno tests that show lower stock numbers than we see on my dyno but equal number on the finished product.

The fun is in the Driving experience with a tune Vs without one, there is no comparison.

We don't need no freaking TM

Do you want to drive your car or have your grandmother (TM) drive

Buy the tuner get the tune for free.

Ted.