Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-17-2010, 09:04 PM   #29
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
Four months, 6,000 miles and no problems at all.
mhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:14 PM   #30
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
6,000 Miles and 12 months and I just now had my first issue of the front passenger headlight seal must have went (I can se moisture on the inside, and the Halogen blew out. Other than that, car has been great.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:20 PM   #31
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I can't believe that people act like it's a great triumph that their brand new car has made it 6,000 miles or a year without out a problem. I not picking on you Xmicro_ss ,but I read post like yours all the time and it just seems funny to me. I guess we really won't know what kind of cars we have until they get 60 or 70grand on them with some more age.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:33 PM   #32
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I can't believe that people act like it's a great triumph that their brand new car has made it 6,000 miles or a year without out a problem.
Man, he asked about problems with our 2010 SSs...how many miles would you expect to have on a 2010? I didn't say it was a "gr8 triumph"...it's what I expected.

mhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:35 PM   #33
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I guess we really won't know what kind of cars we have until they get 60 or 70grand on them with some more age.
i'm dreading it. i put maybe 8k on it in the first 12 months. i could only imagine the things that could go wrong after another 50,000 miles.
KeepItGreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:41 PM   #34
dreamst8
WrkrBee

Drives: 16 Hyper & 11 Victory
So is the radio with a USB stick installed supposed to be on constant random or shud u b able to play a whole album in order? I can set it to play a single artist or album while the car is on, but when I shut the car off, it reverts to random, and yes, I have changed the on screen feature to OFF for Random Play..

2011 2 LT/RS Victory Red V6 M6
dreamst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:53 PM   #35
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamst8 View Post
So is the radio with a USB stick installed supposed to be on constant random or shud u b able to play a whole album in order? I can set it to play a single artist or album while the car is on, but when I shut the car off, it reverts to random, and yes, I have changed the on screen feature to OFF for Random Play..
i have everything organized in folders for artists, and sub-folders for individual albums by that particular artist. sometimes i just have a list of album folders with no sub-folders.

when you plug it in, the system will index the files and begin with the first track - alphabetically - whichever song title from any folder happens to be first.

so i go through the menu, select the artist folder, then select which album, then select the first track. it will play the entire album, and then repeat it. it wont automatically move onto the next folder.

if you shut off your car and get out... then get back in and start it up again, the system remembers what track you left off on, but will then continue in alphabetical order by song title, gabbing songs from any folder on the drive.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #36
Wolverine1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 CGM
Send a message via ICQ to Wolverine1
I've had my 2ss/rs since February and have had no problems at all!!! Sounds like yours was built on a Friday just before happy hour!!!
Wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:57 PM   #37
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine1 View Post
I've had my 2ss/rs since February and have had no problems at all!!! Sounds like yours was built on a Friday just before happy hour!!!
it should have been built in AMERICA.

i haven't had any transmission problems... yet... but i don't like to think about it being made in Mexico.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:02 PM   #38
mercedestech

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM,2013 Mercedes ML350
I have a later build (10/09)....minor paint blemishes that the dealer polished out (took a full day and a half, but I got a Camaro as a loaner), gurgle from the heater core (dealer installed a flow restrictor in one of the heater hoses....30 minute fix), date is off on months that have fewer than 31 days on the 1st of the month following.(not to worried about it...dealer called to tell me they have a software fix for this issue and to stop by when it was convienent for me)..I chalk all my issues up to being a new model...and it helps to have a great dealer that will do absolutely whatever it takes to make it right...Thanks again Joe at Spitzer of N.Canton, Ohio! Problems or not, by far the best Camaro I have ever owned (I have had a second gen, third gen, and 3 fourth gens).
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Whipple 2.9L, Rotofab CAI and coil covers, XS Power LT's and full 3" exhaust, Vengeance kaotic cam package (trunion kit,dual springs,titanium retainers,hardened pushrods,c5r chain,ls2 tensioner, melling oil pump) Mgw shifter, 160 deg Tstat, prosport gauges, LPE dual pump, FIC 60lb injectors, level 5 DSS Axles

1994 Z28 MSD optispark, K&N CAI, Magnaflow y pipe..Cat..and cat back. 1998 wheels, custom tune(sold )
1993 Base V6 sold to buy Z28
1994 Purple Pearl V6...sold
1979 Base Car with inline 250ci 6 cyl! My first car in 1989!
mercedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:04 PM   #39
Leolee

Drives: camaro
1. i do have problems with the dates, and time that it displays, i usually have to reset it after a couple of months

2. the usb connection is TERRIBLE! its crap. i have to go back and forth so i can select playlist and then songs.. i have a 2010 infiniti g37 and it has no problem connecting to my itouch and/or iphone it works flawlessly.

3. i do get some squeaky noises but my car is loud when i drive it and i always have music on so it doesn't bother me, plus its a 1st year model, so i knew what i was getting into
Leolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:05 PM   #40
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
i love my car, but...

it's becoming a pain in the ass. i'm just starting this thread to open this topic for discussion. wondering if anyone has had such a variety of things that needed to be repaired on their cars.

#1 - delivery of my Camaro was delayed by a whole month because of the battery cable recall.

#2 - the day i took delivery, my driver's side pillar molding kept popping off and had to be replaced.

#3 - black plastic/rubber exterior window molding around the small triangle window on the driver's side was peeling up on its own. they glued it back down.

#4 - loose spoiler. had two nuts rolling around in my trunk lid. took 3 different visits to have this issue corrected.

#5 - paint chipping/abrasion under the loose spoiler. had it all touched up on my last visit to the dealer, but looks like complete SH*T now... so i'll have to go back again.

#6 - radio display screen would go blank, or freeze until i restarted my car. couldn't access any of my menus of skip songs or change the audio source. the dealer fixed it.

#7 - reprogrammed HVAC and inspected the engine harness as per the recall.

#8 - my heater core gurgled when i drove my car. they fixed it.

#9 - went into the dealer in December complaining about noisy steering and vibration... they did nothing - and i for the life of me could not find the power steering reservoir at the time. but 7 months later, i go in again with the same complaint and they tell me that my power steering fluid level was at the bare minimum, so they topped it off and it's been quiet and smooth since. is power steering fluid leven NOT on their 27 point checklist? did they not look at it the first time. they said that there was no leak found. so where did it all go? if it has been low all this time, why didn't they see it before?

#10 - installed axle-back SLP LM II myself, and when i removed the stock mufflers, they were full of water.

#11 - the radio display would not keep the proper date. it would always be off by a few days, every couple months.

#12 - noticed oily drippage under my L99 after parking it on a previously spotless slab of concrete for a week. the dealer found not one, but TWO oil leaks. one leak was at the oil cooler, the second was around the oil pan.

#13 - analog speedometer does not work (intermittently). but apparently when it was at the dealership for more than a week (while they were going through my list of issues), it worked fine. when i picked it up, halfway home i noticed that it wasn't working, so i turned around and went back to the dealership. of course, it was after service hours by now, so i had to drive with the sales manager to PROVE that the speedometer doesn't work properly. now i just have to go back and get this fixed when i feel like taking it down.

#14 - noise from the rear end while pulling into and backing out or parking spaces. they replaced the differential fluid... so far so good.

#15 - used to hear some pretty loud tapping/ticking from the front end at start-up... but this has gone away since the oil leak issue was resolved.

#16 - the whole mp3 playback from USB stick is a pain in the ass. i'm tired of having to re-do all of my options and re-select the music that i was listening to before the last time i got out of my car. but it is my understanding that there is no current fix for this. then the dealer tries to feed me the line "It's operating as it was programmed to operate" - well yeah, it's a SH*TTY programming job if you ask me. they should have referred to the mp3 playback from CD operation from all the other GM vehicles with 6 disc in dash CD changers. those work perfectly fine, they remember what song you were on, they continue playing the rest of that folder, and then move onto the next folder once the last song has been played... AND there was a single push-button navigation between folders. this USB interface was a HUGE selling point to me, and i can't even tell you how disappointed i am in the way it operates. i dreamed about being able to plug in a flash drive loaded with music, long before it existed in cars.............. and after my last visit to the dealer when they did some "calibrations", my "Random" feature does not work at all. Everything plays in alphabetical order whether "Random" is on, or off.

has all of this happened to you?
Many of these issue's did happen to me as well in the course of a year. That is part of the reason why I traded mine in and got a Mustang instead.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:07 PM   #41
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Have had my 2SS since last May with over 19000 miles and the only problem I had was a bad speaker. hahahaha, is that even a problem considering I blew it out by cranking it at 40 all day long .
Old 08-17-2010, 10:36 PM   #42
motorhed

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM,2000 Grand Cherokee
quality has come a long way but i'm still hesitant about buying a first year production car...especially if it's all new.

7/23/2010 - 1100
8/18/2010 - Born on Date 2G1FT1EW1B9120590
9/3/2010 - Pick Up
-----------------------------
| Photos |
motorhed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, issues, leak, spoiler, usb