Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: .
Camaro 0 0%
Mustang 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2010, 01:07 PM   #2619
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Yes..its obviously a staged event because driver error cant happen at all. The second was obviously still staged despite the Camaro leaving right on time.

Obviously staged, everyone knows Camaro's cant lose to Mustangs.
How's your 15 seconds doing there?
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #2620
DarricSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Everyone just install 4:10's in your Stock SS and forget about the new Mustang coming out...

It's what the Camaro should have come from the factory with, who cares about Gas mileage.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:25 PM   #2621
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
I'm glad the new mustang is faster than the camaro... Just wait and see what Chevy will have in store for the stangs then I will be ordering hahahaha.
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #2622
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamslam3 View Post

there is also this other vid where they say they raced them and the mustang smoked the ss which dont sound good either
Something is weird about that second video. If you look the shots where he is inside a car driving is not the same car that they show driving out on the roads. The shots of him talking on the interior has a glass roof, yet when it goes to an outside shot the car does not have a glass roof.

Btw $2,000 for a brembo upgrade!?

I think in the long run these cars will be pretty evenly matched if you have competent drivers in both. Yes the Camaro has more HP but the Mustang is quite a bit lighter. That first video is obviously a joke because the Camaro driver had the worst start off the line I have seen.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:32 PM   #2623
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARMY View Post
How's your 15 seconds doing there?
It's actually 13.5..and my car isnt the topic here, but I guess you didnt pass basic reading comprehension. What I was saying is that I dont think it was staged, driver error can factor into any drag race, either in a test or on the 1320 on a Friday night.

The simple fact is that on the first race the Camaro driver messed up his launch, and the Mustang took him apart.

On the second run the Camaro launched just fine, and the Mustang still won. Now this was with a L99 and its a safe bet to assume both cars were stock for comparison purposes. Thats not taking away from the Camaro..it is at a disadvantage in that race in weight (around 250 lbs heavier) and with less power to the wheels. It had an advantage in grip, but that was not able to overcome the first two disadvantages.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:33 PM   #2624
ViperTomcat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post

Btw $2,000 for a brembo upgrade!?
Brakes+new wheels. The Brembo brakes wont fit inside of standard GT wheels.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #2625
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
It's actually 13.5..and my car isnt the topic here, but I guess you didnt pass basic reading comprehension. What I was saying is that I dont think it was staged, driver error can factor into any drag race, either in a test or on the 1320 on a Friday night.

The simple fact is that on the first race the Camaro driver messed up his launch, and the Mustang took him apart.

On the second run the Camaro launched just fine, and the Mustang still won. Now this was with a L99 and its a safe bet to assume both cars were stock for comparison purposes. Thats not taking away from the Camaro..it is at a disadvantage in that race in weight (around 250 lbs heavier) and with less power to the wheels. It had an advantage in grip, but that was not able to overcome the first two disadvantages.
Sorry can't hear you because you're quite a ways behind me. How's my rubber look.
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #2626
Enator

Drives: 2011 SHELBY GT500 & Volvo S80
"This V-8 is a major evolutionary step for Ford, perhaps the best gasoline burner the company has ever produced. It twists the tach needle quickly and without vibration but with a roar so menacing it makes the Camaro SS sound like a pickup truck."

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take_road_test

Last edited by Enator; 04-03-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Enator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #2627
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enator View Post
"This V-8 is a major evolutionary step for Ford, perhaps the best gasoline burner the company has ever produced. It twists the tach needle quickly and without vibration but with a roar so menacing it makes the Camaro SS sound like a pickup truck."

Car and Driver can EAT IT

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:46 PM   #2628
ViperTomcat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARMY View Post
Sorry can't hear you because you're quite a ways behind me. How's my rubber look.
Still a meatstick without basic ability to engage in discussion, I see

I'm extremely pleased that you cannot refute my post, so you just resorted to being an asshole, but thats what you do.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:46 PM   #2629
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
If the Camaro was that loud Car and Driver would bash it for being noisy.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:49 PM   #2630
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
"For 2010, Ford spruced up the Mustang’s interior with soft-touch materials and more brightwork. But to get the full effect, you have to buy the Premium upgrade, a $3200 hit. On the base GT, plain, deep-grained plastic abounds, the steering rim a no more thrilling ring of plastic to grip than a Hula Hoop. The base interior is a bit impoverished considering the $30,495 starting price, much less our $32,980 as-tested sticker."

Why is it that things that they would absolutely HAMMER the Camaro on are just slight inconveniences on the Mustang. Not to mention none of the reviews or magazines bother to point out the fact that they are comparing a 2011 model against a 2010 model. None of them even mention the 2011 Camaro. Granted I don't expect huge differences in the 2011 model but they are just ignorant if they think Chevy isn't going to go back and try to top Ford for the 2011.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:51 PM   #2631
ViperTomcat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
If the Camaro was that loud Car and Driver would bash it for being noisy.
Give it time, the pendulum will swing the other way when the 2011 Camaro comes out. Right now the 2011 GT is the hottest thing on the block, and is the new toy.

You had rags that praised the Mustang GT to the hilt, then it was crap when compared with the Camaro (same mag)..now the '11 GT is out and the Camaro is crap.

Kind of funny eh? the "Awesome to Crap" cycle these magazines put out in order to do their primary goal? (Which is sell magazines)
Old 04-03-2010, 01:55 PM   #2632
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enator View Post

I didnt' think it was loud enough, and they are saying it's too loud??? I dont' get it.
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 mustang, 442trumpsall, 5.0, camaro, camaro lost!!!, camaro lost., carthatsucks, corvette, drag, fanboys anonymous, ford, ford mustang, glue factory, gluefactory, gt ss ssrs comparison ford, gtss, mustang, numbers, oldnag, race, tired nag, trolls, video