Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 12-10-2013, 02:23 AM   #43
hotrodsally
The Legend Lives On

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS SIM
Send a message via Yahoo to hotrodsally
Nice story Jay!

Viva Las Vegas!
hotrodsally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #44
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS
Looks like it's just you and me Linda.......

A young social worker from New York recently transferred to rural North Dakota and was on the first tour of her new territory when she came upon the tiniest cabin she had ever seen in her life. Intrigued, she went up and knocked on the door.

"Anybody home?" she asked.

"Yep," came a child's voice through the door.

"Is your father there?" asked the social worker.

"Pa? Nope, he left before Ma came in," said the boy.

"Well, is your mother there?" persisted the social worker.

"Ma? Nope, she left just before I got here," said the boy.

"But," protested the social worker, "are you never together as a family unit?"

"Sure, but not here," said the boy through the door. "This is the outhouse."
Old 12-10-2013, 11:05 PM   #45
hotrodsally
The Legend Lives On

lolol. That's pretty funny Jay. Maybe evening is hanging out waiting to see if they have the winning lotto numbers - mega millions is up to 344mm!!

Viva Las Vegas!
Old 12-10-2013, 11:37 PM   #46
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red

LOL

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #47
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post

LOL
Diane, WELCOME!!! I was thinking Linda and I were alone here. Then I was wondering if Linda was gone too. I'm so glad to see you two. Diane, did you scroll back and see some of the pics? There's not many to go thru. Linda, I heard St. George got snow. Did Las Vegas get any? How about you Diane, did the recent snow and ice hit you out your way?
Old 12-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #48
hotrodsally
The Legend Lives On

Hi Diane, Hi Jay, Happy Wednesday.

In my neighborhood we saw enough rain to make the cars spotty, and a little further west into the foothills there were some flurries; it was more of a wind event.

How are the 2 of you doing today?

Viva Las Vegas!
Old 12-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #49
hotrodsally
The Legend Lives On

A friend of mine sent these in an email titled Truths for Mature Humans. Some made me wince, some made me laugh and all made me say, "Yup."

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. There is no way to fold a fitted sheet

6. Learning cursive writing was not really necessary

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.

17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.

22. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

23. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!

24. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974.
That means it only took 100 years for hockey players to realize that their brain is also important.

Viva Las Vegas!
Old 12-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #50
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodsally View Post
A friend of mine sent these in an email titled Truths for Mature Humans. Some made me wince, some made me laugh and all made me say, "Yup."

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. There is no way to fold a fitted sheet

6. Learning cursive writing was not really necessary

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.

17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.

22. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

23. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!

24. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974.
That means it only took 100 years for hockey players to realize that their brain is also important.
I'm gonna steal this Linda. The girls at the office thought it was a hoot.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #51
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Picture Friday.............
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #52
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Hmmm.......... looks like I'm all alone in the sandbox. Wonder what mischief I can get into here by myself?
Old 12-15-2013, 08:49 AM   #53
hotrodsally
The Legend Lives On

Happy Sunday Jay (and anyone else in stealth mode)!

Viva Las Vegas!
Old 12-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #54
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Hi Linda. OK. A short story. We were on a tour bus in Sydney Australia on Nov 5th. Suddenly the tour guide, who was British but had been in Australia for 30 years, said "Oh look, she's all frocked up!" Referring to a woman she saw walking down the street in downtown Sydney. However, in the British/Australian accent the "r" in frocked does not get pronounced. Well, on a bus full of mostly little ol' Mormon widow ladies and a few ol' retired couples and some ol' farts like me there was a collective gasp. The tour guide proceeded to tell us that Nov 5th every year is "race day". And in Australia they love their horse racing. The race is held in Melbourne. So if you can't go there on race day, you go to your favorite pub and watch it on the tele. The women dress in their very best party dress and heels and wear a little had called a "fascinator". A fascinator in Australia is a very small hat that is usually just ribbons and a few feathers. The men will wear their best suit and usually buy a new sirt and tie and maybe new shoes. It was fun to watch the women walking down the street "all frocked up". I tried to take a picture out of the window of the bus but couldn't get a decent one because of the reflections from the windows. So, below is a picture from Amazon.com where you can buy your own "fascinator".
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2013, 12:52 AM   #55
hotrodsally
The Legend Lives On

Jay sounds like the fascinator did it's thing and now you're fascinated, lol.

Viva Las Vegas!
Old 12-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #56
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Monday Music vid......