Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #99
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
Absolutely love mine. One for the best mods for performance and appearance. Completely changed the look of my car.

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-09-29 at 7.37.39 PM.jpg
Views: 1265
Size:  75.9 KB
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #100
NOVAK

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS10BMX View Post
Absolutely love mine. One for the best mods for performance and appearance. Completely changed the look of my car.

Attachment 560797
Where did you get the red Brembo kit? I want to upgrade my 2011 2LT with the red Brembos.
NOVAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:44 AM   #101
Franklukepimpin
franklukepimpin

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2016
how much do you want for them if you still have em

how much do you want for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by cireisa View Post
Hi there,
Just curious if there's someone interested in buying a full kit of Brembos (calipers+rotors) used for 22k miles. The rotors are Brembo Performance drilled (last two pics) with only 8k on them, don't know the part #.So, to be clear the rotors what you'll get are drilled and shown in the last two pictures.I have the calipers painted yellow ,but they'll need to be repainted because they are dirty.The first image is since I installed them, now they look , let's say not that clean anymore.
I bought these new and installed them on my V6 and they work PERFECT, no rebuild necessary, just bolt them on and enjoy.
PM me if interested.
Thanks
Franklukepimpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 07:52 AM   #102
HotelCali
Banned

Drives: 2013 RS
Reviving the thread...do I have to change the brake fluid? Also does the front have a dust shield? Do I have to remove it? Where do I start cutting on the rear dust shields?
HotelCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:24 PM   #103
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotelCali View Post
Reviving the thread...do I have to change the brake fluid? Also does the front have a dust shield? Do I have to remove it? Where do I start cutting on the rear dust shields?
Yes, you'll have to bleed the brakes after you change them. You dont have to completely bleed out the fluid for fresh unless you want to upgrade to something that's high temp. The front dust shields are fine and require no modification. The rear ones need to have about 5/8 of an inch trimmed off them.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:37 AM   #104
verboten

Drives: Black
Yep, just cut the curved lip off with a cut saw and you should be fine.

Great upgrade. Use a lot of brake grease on back side of pads to stop the squealing.
verboten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:20 AM   #105
HotelCali
Banned

Drives: 2013 RS
Can I re use the v6 rest rotors or do I have to change them?
HotelCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:38 AM   #106
verboten

No, you need SS rotors which have a lager diameter. That's why you need to cut the dust shields.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2016, 11:52 PM   #107
Bcrazyromero

Drives: 2015 Commemorative Edition
Thanks a lot for the pics and info, I have the complete set in Red being shipped and are also take off and had doubts about the rear break plate but you have clarified it for me with your pics. Great job on your install and it compliments your Camaro. Can't wait to start my project.
Bcrazyromero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 07:10 AM   #108
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcrazyromero View Post
Thanks a lot for the pics and info, I have the complete set in Red being shipped and are also take off and had doubts about the rear break plate but you have clarified it for me with your pics. Great job on your install and it compliments your Camaro. Can't wait to start my project.
Thank you will love the upgrade I do suggest upgrading the pads to Ceramic pads the stock pads will dust like you would not believe.
01pewterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:38 PM   #109
Eddiefuzz

Drives: 2011 RS
You can use the original Master, or change it to the SS Master. I kept my original for a few months and ended up getting a SS Master because I really didn't notice an improvement with the Brembos. Once I installed the SS Master, BIG difference. Swapping Masters is easlier than swapping one caliper and for $90 it's worth it.
Attached Images

Eddiefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:32 PM   #110
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fesler View Post
I think we have 4 sets of these in stock ready to ship out. if someone needs them let me know as you can see its a very easy install and they work great. Thanks for the post
Chris

Just getting ready to leave for vacation, upon my return I am no doubt going to also do the Brembo upgrade. Could you shoot me a PM if you have a clean setup with hopefully lower mileage. Looking for all 4 calipers/rotors/lines, shipped to Havelock, NC. My many thanks. Larry
Deputy347k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:51 AM   #111
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Just about ready to start this Brembo modification. For the past month or two I have been assembling all the needed parts. From another Forum member I purchased a mint set of low mileage calipers, rotors and lines. I had him send the 4 calipers to TPH coating. Had them torn apart, powder coated Lolly Pop Red (with a deep metallic silver base) and then reassembled with all new seals. Spoke with Kevin on Wednesday past, they ship that afternoon, should be here Monday or Tuesday.
As I thought of doing this modification I believe I have read about every post regarding the task. Learnt a lot! From GM I ordered all new caliper bolts as 2 rear axle nuts, all these are torque to yield bolts. For cheap money I will change them. Also purchased new pads/pin kits front and rear, crush seals and a new OEM SS master cylinder.
Wanting to do the complete job correctly I have elected to change out the rear dust shields. I know it's going to add some time and $12.00 for two new axle nuts but at least I will know it's done and done according to factory specs. I am very fortunate that Marine Corps Base Cherry Point, NC has a magnificent "hobby shop". Can rent lifts for $8.00 per hour, this includes every known tool to man. Besides they have 5 different automobile technicians that work there and will assist you if you want! They have torque wrenched that will do the 199 foot pounds for the axle nuts too.
I found a pair of rear SS dust shields from a salvage yard out of Lyons, GA. "The Parts Farm. Com is on EBay and are extremely nice to deal with. I have now purchased parts of them twice, shipping, packaging was exemplary. With both occasions I first saw the listing of what I wanted, listings had a "by it now price", and I sent them a message offering 25-33% less. Both times they accepted. Parts were received in two days! Parts were extremely clean also. Spoke with the owner (Rob) who informed me that they get about 10 Camaros monthly. You can't go wrong with this salvage yard.

I have one question, hoping someone can give me a logical answer. As I stated I purchased a new OEM master brake cylinder for the 2000-2105 Camaro SS version (part number 22956541. The factory LT master cylinder "that looks EXACTLY the same as the SS (part number 22956542).

What is the technical difference between the two?

Larry

Last edited by Deputy347k9; 10-08-2017 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Not finished with post.
Deputy347k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:43 AM   #112
verboten

I don’t know. Dont overthink what your doing. Forget the dust shields, just cut of the curled edges off existing shields. The extra work and chances of breaking, not tightening, incorrectly installing, etc. goes up.

I would forget the master cylinder too! The cost/benefit is minimal.