Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #1
degros33

Drives: 2005 Toyota Tacoma = Slooooowww
1LT cloth seats...

Hey, just want to say I'm new to this site and I'm strongly considering getting a camaro when the 2012's come out later this year. I'm sorry if this topic has already been discussed but I'm having trouble finding it. My question though, is that I had heard or read somewhere that people with the LS models and 1LT models were having problems with the cloth seats. They said that the cloth seats were bunching up and getting wrinkled after only a month or so and were looking crappy... Also if this is the case is it possible to get a leather package in the 1LT? I'm pretty sure it's not though... But I guess what this thread really comes down to is, is the 2LT worth the extra 3-4 grand or so for the leather interior?

Any first hand experiences with this would be greatly appreciated. And I am not going to get an LS, definitely either a 1LT or 2LT!

Thank you! And I'm excited to learn a lot more about the Camaro's on this site!
degros33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
GreenMonster
Its all about the U

Drives: 2010 SGM
I have a 1lt and no prob with my seats, I love them
Old 05-07-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
Maverickhpr

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2LT RS
Had mine almost a year no problems with mine
Old 05-07-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I have a 1LT with cloth seats & I love them. I was never a fan of leather seats though to be honest. I have had my car a year & it is a daily driver on a 50 min commute. I have had absolutely no problems with the cloth seats. Mine look like brand new. I was thinking that there was a thread discussing problems with the leather seats stretching out of shape but don't recal seeing one with problems with the cloth seats (that does not mean there was not one, just I haven't seen one). There are other things in the 2LT package I would have liked to have, but leather seats for me were a deal killer.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:32 PM   #5
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
well, when I had a 1lt for a few months I never encountered any problems with the seats.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #6
IamJacksCamaro

Drives: Camaro LS M6, Fiero, Ford F100
No problems here, more than 11,700 miles.
IamJacksCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #7
degros33

Perfect! Thank you guys, the 1LT fits more into my budget anyway! Oh yah, I feel like I already know the answer to this question somewhere in my head, but what is the MAJOR difference between the 1LT and 2LT, besides the leather?
Old 05-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #8
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
I have a 1LT with cloth seats, after two years no signs of wear and their really comfortable especially on long trips,leather is not an option on this model..
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #9
Beemer
"Red Rocket"

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
I have a 1LT with the IGEE seat covers. People that don't look close think it's leather and the cloth is protected. Terrific product for the price.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #10
TJ's MARO

Drives: Fully Loaded Black on Black 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by degros33 View Post
Hey, just want to say I'm new to this site and I'm strongly considering getting a camaro when the 2012's come out later this year. I'm sorry if this topic has already been discussed but I'm having trouble finding it. My question though, is that I had heard or read somewhere that people with the LS models and 1LT models were having problems with the cloth seats. They said that the cloth seats were bunching up and getting wrinkled after only a month or so and were looking crappy... Also if this is the case is it possible to get a leather package in the 1LT? I'm pretty sure it's not though... But I guess what this thread really comes down to is, is the 2LT worth the extra 3-4 grand or so for the leather interior?

Any first hand experiences with this would be greatly appreciated. And I am not going to get an LS, definitely either a 1LT or 2LT!

Thank you! And I'm excited to learn a lot more about the Camaro's on this site!
i highly recommend the 2LT, i have an 11 2LT RS not only do you get the leather, but better speakers system, the 4 gauge aux pack and then obviously you can get the rs on the 1 or 2 LT. but imo i recommend the 2LT!
TJ's MARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #11
Russ
The Milkman

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by degros33 View Post
Perfect! Thank you guys, the 1LT fits more into my budget anyway! Oh yah, I feel like I already know the answer to this question somewhere in my head, but what is the MAJOR difference between the 1LT and 2LT, besides the leather?
No "MAJOR" differences other than those mentioned in post #10. IMO, seat covers, better speakers and the aux. gauge pack can be bought at any time later. 1LT all the way. Ofcourse ,I'm of a biased opinion.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:03 PM   #12
degros33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
No "MAJOR" differences other than those mentioned in post #10. IMO, seat covers, better speakers and the aux. gauge pack can be bought at any time later. 1LT all the way. Ofcourse ,I'm of a biased opinion.
This is what I was thinking also. With a budget around 25 grand or so I'd say I'm probably going to go with the 1LT and then 6 months or so after buying it I would probably do some of those upgrades.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:03 PM   #13
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Halos are the only thing I would have wanted but then you sacrifice the fog lights. You can get better halos aftermarket if you want them & then you still have real fog lights. The Boston Acoustics sound system is up for debate. Lots of folks have disconnected the speaker that is in the top center of the dash. They say because it is a stereo system hooked up to a surround sound speaker set, it does not sound right. I think my sound system sounds good once you adjust the settings. IMHO..... Get a 1LT & add aftermarket any upgrades you want.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:34 PM   #14
degros33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Halos are the only thing I would have wanted but then you sacrifice the fog lights. You can get better halos aftermarket if you want them & then you still have real fog lights. The Boston Acoustics sound system is up for debate. Lots of folks have disconnected the speaker that is in the top center of the dash. They say because it is a stereo system hooked up to a surround sound speaker set, it does not sound right. I think my sound system sounds good once you adjust the settings. IMHO..... Get a 1LT & add aftermarket any upgrades you want.
When do you sacrifice the fog lights if you get the halos? And you don't get the halos in the 1LT? Cuz those things are frikken frresh! haha. But i do appreciate your opinion and i think im leaning towards the 1lt

Tags
1lt, 2lt, cloth, interior