Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-22-2010, 09:14 AM   #1
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
2011 Chevrolet Cruze Earns IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK

New model gets highest possible ratings
in all Insurance Institute safety tests

2010-12-22

DETROIT – The 2011 Chevrolet Cruze received the highest possible ratings of “Good” in front, side, rear and rollover crash protection tests by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, which recognized Cruze as a 2011 Top Safety Pick.

“The new Cruze was clearly engineered from the ground up to meet the highest standards in safety performance,” said IIHS President Adrian Lund. “The Top Safety Pick award means that buyers of the Cruze will know they’re getting state-of-the-art protection in the most common kinds of crashes.”

The 2011 Cruze offers more standard safety features than any vehicle in its class and represents Chevrolet’s commitment to continuous safety – before, during and after a crash. Standard features include StabiliTrak Electronic Stability Control with Traction Control, anti-lock brakes, Panic Brake Assist and Enhanced Smart Pedal/Brake Override.

The Cruze is the first car in its class with 10 standard air bags, including dual-stage frontal air bags, seat-mounted side-impact air bags and head curtain side air bags in the front and outboard rear seating positions and front knee air bags – a first for the segment. OnStar’s standard safety and security package is included.

“The IIHS Top Safety Pick Award builds on the already strong global safety reputation of the Cruze,” said Chris Perry, vice president of Chevrolet Marketing. “Cruze delivers the level of comfort, quality and safety that customers expect in larger, more upscale vehicles with the fuel economy of a compact.”

Cruze continues to be a strong contributor to Chevrolet’s sales momentum, helping the brand increase retail sales by 13 percent in November. The new Cruze Eco arrives in showrooms in January with segment-leading fuel economy, beating its non-hybrid competitors. Cruze Eco delivers an EPA-estimated 42 mpg on the highway, and 28 mpg city fuel economy. The model will carry a suggested retail price of $18,895
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:19 AM   #2
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
How are the sales on these doing Becky? I know I see truck loads of them going down the road all the time.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:25 AM   #3
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Already regained the outgoing Cobalt's market share. Should be interesting to see this month's sales figures.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
How are the sales on these doing Becky? I know I see truck loads of them going down the road all the time.
The sales are excellent!

If you get a chance to take a test drive...Do It!

The performance is oustanding; combined with the
lack of noise, vibration, and harshness is incredible.

And now with this top rating,
it's all good for the Chevy Team...
Old 12-22-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
The sales are excellent!

If you get a chance to take a test drive...Do It!

The performance is oustanding; combined with the
lack of noise, vibration, and harshness is incredible.

And now with this top rating,
it's all good for the Chevy Team...
I looked at some this weekend with my wife. I believe they did a very good job with this one. If I needed a car in this class I would be all over it. I'm trying to get my sister to get her boy one that's heading off to college next fall.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:43 PM   #6
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

The 2011 Chevrolet Cruze earned five-star crash test ratings from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), further building on the vehicle’s safety record in markets around the world.

The Cruze is the first vehicle tested under the new rating system to achieve five stars in each of the individual crash impact conditions, leading to an overall vehicle score of five stars – the highest rating possible.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Good to see that the Cruze is safe and selling.

A bit of a side note ... how is it that 66 vehicles get a rating of 'Top Safety Pick' this year? Shouldn't it technically be only one, or at least one per vehicle category? People would look at me funny if I ever said that my favourite song is 'Enter Sandman' and 'Twist My Arm' and 'One Step Closer' and 'All Summer Long' and 'Rusty Cage' and 'Tweeter and the Monkey Man' and 'Down with the Sickness' and 'Back in Black' and 'I Stand Alone' and ... well, I'm sure you get the idea by now.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:18 PM   #8
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Good to see that the Cruze is safe and selling.

A bit of a side note ... how is it that 66 vehicles get a rating of 'Top Safety Pick' this year? Shouldn't it technically be only one, or at least one per vehicle category? People would look at me funny if I ever said that my favourite song is 'Enter Sandman' and 'Twist My Arm' and 'One Step Closer' and 'All Summer Long' and 'Rusty Cage' and 'Tweeter and the Monkey Man' and 'Down with the Sickness' and 'Back in Black' and 'I Stand Alone' and ... well, I'm sure you get the idea by now.
Lol totally agree.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote