Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-09-2009, 11:50 PM   #1
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
lifts

Who has a lift? I have a ceiling heigth just shy of 9 feet. Wondering if I can park the wifes Sky and my Camaro in the same bay. Any input would be great. Thanks, Jamie
Old 04-10-2009, 12:50 AM   #2
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
we have a lift in our shop that has my '71's shell sitting on it right now. i think a ceiling about 9ft should hold both, the camaro has a height of 54.2 in (4 1/2 ft), so it would take up half of the height, and I can't imagine a Sky is taller than the Camaro so (on screen anyway) they should fit
Old 04-10-2009, 05:51 AM   #3
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
The sky is 50.2" and the Camaro is 54.2". How much shy of 9 feet is the ceiling? If it's anything more then an inch, I wouldn't do it. That will only give you an inch of play room per car and that is just too close for comfort imo plus you have to take into account the fin on the Camaro which I don't think is included in the Camaro's measurements.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:09 AM   #4
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Yeah that seems to tight for comfort. A friend of mine is recommending winter storage in a limestone mine. He and his dad have been using it for a few years with their early 60's show Caddies. The idea of not seeing the cars for months at a time makes me nervous though. Thanks for the input
Old 04-10-2009, 09:02 PM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Hmm. Thats an extremely tight fit. If you're desprate to make it work, you could cut a hole in the ceiling for the windshield of the Sky. Other than that, I don't think it will work out.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote