Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
ArmyEOD17

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Solo High Flow+ Corsa Cat Back Exhaust?

Hey guys,

I've been using this website for a long time now, for research and everything, but just finally became a member! So being the new guy to the forum I couldn't find anything really related to this but it might be because I'm not a master of the site yet.

Anyways I'm looking to add a performance exhaust system to my 2LT RS and was wondering if anyone on here has Solo high flow cats leading to a Corsa cat back exhaust or if that would even be a good combination. I am trying to do as much research as I can into this before I make any moves because I am currently stationed overseas and want to do this all at once. So if anyone could help me out advice would be more than great.

Thanks a lot guys!
ArmyEOD17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Drives: Camaro Jeep Abarth 944 325i
Probably would be a good choice. I just installed my high flow cats and a full Magnaflow catback exhaust system, I'm really liking it.

Suspension Mods: BMR and JPSS Sways, BMR Poly Bushings, BMR strut tower brace, BMR control arms, BMR toe arms, stock springs and struts
Engine Mods: All bolt ons (haha)
Brake Mods: Brembo SS caliper swap front and rear
Airmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #3
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Solo hi flow cats with their Mach cat back system ! They are the best and is fully tunable with j-pipes.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:47 PM   #4
ArmyEOD17

Thanks! When you say fully tunable what do you mean? And ive been looking up the Solo Mach Exhaust and this may be a stupid question but there is the LFX and the LLT designs but the LFX is only listed as being for convertables? Could I use the LLT? Or would the LFX work even on a coupe?
Old 07-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #5
Nutbutt

The LFX will work on the vert as well as the coupe. It just hangs a little higher to allow for vert braces. It is tunable by the j-pipe caps. The v6 is well known for it being raspy and drone around the 2k mark. And every one is different. This is why the solo sells so well.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #6
ArmyEOD17

I've been talking with their support a lot and they are awesome people last question is did you see a increase in HP at all with it? in total it will be like 1800 for me to get that exhaust and the converters because im in Germany but if there is a noticable difference in the performance of the car I know it would be worth it.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #7
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Well, it will certainly sound nicer. Throttle response will improve and overall the car will just power up smoother. There are advertised gains of over 15 horsepower but in reality you won't feel all of that, you will hear it and know it though... so depends on how much money you have lying around for your car.

And the rasp/drone should not exist with any of the higher end systems, SOLO especially since it does have the J-pipes, but I've had no rasp AT ALL with the SOLO cats and the Magnaflow. I'm sure you'd find the same with a Corsa exhaust as it has a similar tone to the Magnaflow. Listen to videos and determine which one you like the most.

Also where in Germany are you located? I just spent a week over there on vacation to visit family.

Suspension Mods: BMR and JPSS Sways, BMR Poly Bushings, BMR strut tower brace, BMR control arms, BMR toe arms, stock springs and struts
Old 07-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #8
Nutbutt

I have the llt solo setup but I did an IPF SC at the same time so I can't tell you if there was a difference. I can tell you going solo front to back with high flo cats made the install a breeze ! A significant savings in weight also. The guys at solo are really helpful.
I have a friend with the magnaflow and he does have a slight drone. He is installing custom j pipes soon. His wife drove in mine and told him to fix the drone.
I do have to say the magnaflow is a great sounding system also !
Old 07-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #9
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
I didn't go the cat back route but I have the HFC's with the MRT V2.0 axle backs and I really love the sound. No rasp, loud when I get on it and mellow at cruising. I myself didn't see the need to replace anything in between and was just trying to save money. Hope you find something that works and enjoy the ride!

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #10
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
I have the llt solo setup but I did an IPF SC at the same time so I can't tell you if there was a difference. I can tell you going solo front to back with high flo cats made the install a breeze ! A significant savings in weight also. The guys at solo are really helpful.
I have a friend with the magnaflow and he does have a slight drone. He is installing custom j pipes soon. His wife drove in mine and told him to fix the drone.
I do have to say the magnaflow is a great sounding system also !
I haven't sensed a drone, maybe minor but at the same time I can't compare it to the SOLO J pipes to see what a truly drone-less exhaust sounds like. Does he also have the high flo cats?

I had a Magnaflow exhaust on my recently (well Dec, lol) totaled truck for 3 years and loved it, so I'm probably used to the Magnaflow drone haha.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #11
Buschman

Drives: 2018 ZL1 2015 1SS 1LE
I wouldn't call the Magnaflow sound "drone". I have had mine for about a month, it has a sound to it in the 1500-2000 cursing range but it's more of a low hum/rumble not drone in my opinion. I find myself turning off the radio and just listening to the car more now.

Buschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #12
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschman View Post
I wouldn't call the Magnaflow sound "drone". I have had mine for about a month, it has a sound to it in the 1500-2000 cursing range but it's more of a low hum/rumble not drone in my opinion. I find myself turning off the radio and just listening to the car more now.
You know, I think I agree with ya on that. It is more of a nice low frequency rumble

Old 07-31-2013, 04:43 PM   #13
camaro1350

Drives: 2013 Camaro RS 1LT, 6M
I have the solo and the corsa and it is great!!