Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-10-2009, 08:47 PM   #323
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Think of it this way, if you were going to get an SS would you order it to your exact preferences or pick one up off the lot? What about the typical V6 buyer? Are they more likely to drive one off the lot or place an order to get a specific car with everything they want and nothing else?
<snip>
I'm going to order mine exactly as I want, but I realize I am far in the minority.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:48 PM   #324
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttazzijr700 View Post
when do u guys think people who did not order the camaro could go in the dealers and buy/lease a 1SS or 2SS
Hopefully after the 10,000+ of us who preordered get ours first.

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:50 PM   #325
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
I'm going to order mine exactly as I want, but I realize I am far in the minority.
- Xanthos
Same. I live in a rich part of a well off town. Though i'm not one to care usually i think a work of art like the 5th Gen Camaro need to be done right...
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #326
PNY KLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss/rs #1297
Send a message via MSN to PNY KLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by manimsoblack View Post
I'd just like to say, bravo on the plate and Welcome to the Board.
Thanks My 1st choice was 1ST ONE but it was taken
I think i will like this one better it is sweet.
PNY KLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:53 PM   #327
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Quote:
when do u guys think people who did not order the camaro could go in the dealers and buy/lease a 1SS or 2SS
Realistically, not every dealer will have their initial allocation filled with preorders, so if you had your heart set on it and were willing to look around/travel a bit, probably within a month or two of distribution.
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:54 PM   #328
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Mouse View Post
Here ya go. None of my local dealers have them yet. Even the one I have ordered my car from.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-...sQ5fLiterature
I totally ordered one of these!
- Xanthos

Old 01-10-2009, 09:04 PM   #329
Alarick

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
Quote:
- Xanthos
Ditto, had to convince the GF to let me use her Ebay account though, she just asked "What new Camaro toy did you find this time?"
Alarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:06 PM   #330
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
- Xanthos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarick View Post
Ditto, had to convince the GF to let me use her Ebay account though, she just asked "What new Camaro toy did you find this time?"
I wish I would have known. My dealer was trying to give me extras when I picked mine up. I would have sent them to you for just the shipping costs.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #331
TonytheTiger

Drives: 1999 camaro rs
Finally i can see the light at the end of this tunnel. The idl thread was filled with whiners and complainers i got no information i left for 4 hours and there was 18 more pages of complete bull***t.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:13 PM   #332
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Like someone already said, in 6 months everyone will just look back and laugh at all this nonsense. No need to get upset and aggravated over something we all know is going to happen. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
SIK07GTSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:14 PM   #333
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Scott, Thanks for all the "positive" info. I can only hope my white SS Camaro gets built later this year as promised. My dealer called me yesterday and advised white is still on the drawing board.
Not the Scott, but as per the IDL white production will start in the June/July window. Why, the Impala and Camaro line share paint facilities. Current Impala white is different and will change over to Summit White for 2010 thus matching Camaro.

By the way, the IDL team was very professional and informative.....it was the communication and spin from some of us who reported here that was lacking:(
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:22 PM   #334
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
I wish I would have known. My dealer was trying to give me extras when I picked mine up. I would have sent them to you for just the shipping costs.
Well, as a benefit, they didn't charge shipping costs. Only 7.95 - which isn't a horrible price anyway... I just hope they don't get bent in the mail!
- Xanthos

Old 01-10-2009, 09:22 PM   #335
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 HRSS View Post
Nice thread....I am glad to see Scott's info and thoughts on what happened yesterday....I will call it Black Camaro Friday....we should make it a 'holiday', so next Jan. 9th....we can all talk about this mess!!

I think right now there is LOTS of confusion and mis-information out there, and it's easy to get carried away with it all....I HATE waiting another month, and felt like someone had kicked me in the stomach when I read that yesterday, but that is just HOW it is.....so we all just set the clocks back a little, and wait...

No need to wish our life away, right?

So it will be June or later....oh well, so be it! That day will be here before we know it!!
At least you're not a guy- I felt like I got kicked somewhere else...

Quote:
im comfused....how can some people get it before others who pre ordered first. Is this delay only with the 2SS or can someone summarize what is happening. Sorry to make people repeat what was probally said but im kind lost
Someone who orders Monday morning at a dealer who has had no one order there yet and has, say 5 allocations, could easily get their vehicle before someone who ordered Dec 1st and is #3 out of 8. Just the way it is. The actual order date isn't as important as your place in line at your dealer at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjr4 View Post
quick question... I pre ordered a V6 1LT on 10/13 and was second at my dealer behind an order of a 2SS. I believe my dealer got a decent number of allotments and were also located in buffalo, very close to canada.. Does anyone think theres a good chance that will get my camaro close to production date? thanks in advanced to any insight someone can give me....

I see you.... And yes, likely you will get your car before I get mine...
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #336
Alarick

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Oh well, $8 is cheaper than a Crown and Coke at a bar after tip, so no real loss there.

But you may want to grab all the ones your dealer has left over for other forum members, none of the dealerships i've talked to here have any color chips yet, even the one I ordered my Camaro from.
So there may be a few more of us around that want the chips but their local dealers are SOL on having any.
Alarick is offline   Reply With Quote