Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-26-2014, 05:10 AM   #1
camarocruzer

Drives: White 2014 2SS/RS Coupe
To tune or not to tune?

So I have my camaro 2014....the things I've done is in my sig.

Basically everything short of headers. I mentioned to him I was waiting until my PT warranty was up to tune it.

Now, I was talking to someone who works as a tech for a Ford dealer near us and he mentioned that when a car comes in with a tune, they take a lot into consideration and generally most of the time don't worry about the fact that the individual tuned the car.

I don't want headers, but I think I might want to tune it before the warranty rather than in 3 years.

With my setup, what would be my advantage to tuning it? How much am i looking at and what do they do??

CAI by Cold Air Inductions, Inc with Strong MAF Sensor / Borla ATAK Cat-Back Exhaust / SOLO Performance High Flow Catalytic Converters / SOLO J-Pipes / Vitesse Throttle Controller / Apex Catch Can / Vmax Ported Throttle Body / Range v8 AFM Disable Module by Range Technology / SLP Fade to Black Side Gill Decals / APEX Washer Replacement System and CAI Scoop / BMR Front and Rear Sway Bars / BMR Rear Trailing Arms / BMR Front End Links
camarocruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 06:26 AM   #2
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
Why wouldn't you want headers? Just asking since they'll give you more than a tune.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:42 AM   #3
camarocruzer

Drives: White 2014 2SS/RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupree878 View Post
Why wouldn't you want headers? Just asking since they'll give you more than a tune.
Well, the setup I have now is nice and loud for me. Headers will just make it earth shattering loud, and I really don't want that.

I'm thinking that a tune would, for one, smooth out the way it shifts (it's an A6 but when I tap shift, it has a "jump" between gears....not smooth basically...)

CAI by Cold Air Inductions, Inc with Strong MAF Sensor / Borla ATAK Cat-Back Exhaust / SOLO Performance High Flow Catalytic Converters / SOLO J-Pipes / Vitesse Throttle Controller / Apex Catch Can / Vmax Ported Throttle Body / Range v8 AFM Disable Module by Range Technology / SLP Fade to Black Side Gill Decals / APEX Washer Replacement System and CAI Scoop / BMR Front and Rear Sway Bars / BMR Rear Trailing Arms / BMR Front End Links
camarocruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:34 AM   #4
CRF8
Scenic City Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL-1 /1974 Firebird 400
I had a tuned Challenger, the dealership had me remove my tune and then they fixed a camshaft oil issue under warranty. No problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2014, 07:34 AM   #5
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
the jump between gears would more than likely increase rather than increase with a tune as that's the increase in the functioning of the transmission which would only be accentuated with a good performance tune.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:38 AM   #6
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
My vote is tune, but dump the shorty headers for long tube. If your worried about how loud it is, keep on your stock exhaust. Purrrrrs like stock while cruising and at WOT is very noticeable . That's what I did.
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote