Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 11-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #15
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGM 1LE View Post
That's a dick move.
This guy's not doing anything wrong i'll sit on his ass and try to make him **** up.
Happens way more than you think. Happened to me years ago in my LS1 4th gen by another 4th gen z28 that looked like a normal black Camaro and I have been baited many times in this car but I know better now. It's border line entrapment but the court is almost always going to side with the officer. Bottom line is there are a lot of dick cops out there so watch out.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:10 PM   #16
AGM 1LE

Drives: 14 SS/ 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
Happens way more than you think. Happened to me years ago in my LS1 4th gen by another 4th gen z28 that looked like a normal black Camaro and I have been baited many times in this car but I know better now. It's border line entrapment but the court is almost always going to side with the officer. Bottom line is there are a lot of dick cops out there so watch out.
Yea. They do illegal/dangerous shit while baiting/entrapping you but that's ok since they're protecting community and you're just some asshole
Old 11-09-2014, 09:47 PM   #17
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
I think you're overreacting. I don't think cops are "baiting" you. I think it's hilarious whenever people say this. Just drive normally and have current registration on your plate. There's nothing to worry about. A cop may watch you closer since you're driving a Camaro but that's part of the deal when you own a car like this.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:12 AM   #18
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
I think you're overreacting. I don't think cops are "baiting" you. I think it's hilarious whenever people say this. Just drive normally and have current registration on your plate. There's nothing to worry about. A cop may watch you closer since you're driving a Camaro but that's part of the deal when you own a car like this.
I have a scanner on my ipad...its the local police...ambulance and fire. Its amazing how often I hear the police call into dispatch for a rolling marker...someone they are tailing...once the registration comes back as accurate....they back off. Very common how often the plate doesn't match the vehicle.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:20 AM   #19
HOU_TX_SS

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
I would have warned them. Whenever I see a cop hiding out I flash my lights etc and warn others. Guess im just different, i see no joy in others getting a ticket or harrassed unless driving under the influence. Then again I do street race at times

This ^^^^^^
HOU_TX_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:24 AM   #20
TX/ZL1

Drives: '14 ZL1 RRM M6
I think it's the nature of the beast we choose to drive. Part of the reason we bought our cars was for the attention they draw....Good and bad. And the positive looks, waves, nods and comments I get far outweigh any aggravation. For me personally, good or bad, I'd rather be noticed than ignored.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:30 AM   #21
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
I would have warned them. Whenever I see a cop hiding out I flash my lights etc and warn others. Guess im just different, i see no joy in others getting a ticket or harrassed unless driving under the influence. Then again I do street race at times
I don't street race but yes I definitely would have warned them.
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:27 AM   #22
djpelosi

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU_TX_SS View Post
This ^^^^^^
Why would you warn them? The OP said they started making hand gestures and talking smack to him. Little bastards deserved it.
Bo White Ported Throttle Body
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Best Time: 12.43 @ 114, 1.99 60' on stock wheels and stock tires
Build Thread
djpelosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:27 AM   #23
kudzu71

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
If I had a nickel for every Ford F-150 that rode my ass and then tried to get me to race them in my SS I could buy a second SS. Oddly, the Mustang drivers I come across just nod and keep driving. *shrug*. I did have a moment with a late 90s Camaro the day I bought the car. He was across the intersection and revved his engine through the entire light. I was too busy playing with buttons and stuff to bother. hehe.
kudzu71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 12:27 AM   #24
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
Watching you closely and being a inch off your bumper are 2 different things. Funny enough I have never had this happen to me in my truck but it has happened often in my performance cars and the truck gets more miles put on it. Cops will try to bait you. This is not a overreaction it's a fact. I read an even more alarming story on this forum about a unmarked S197 that would sit at a red light reving the engine at other cars trying to get them to race. If they did they got pulled over and who knows what kind of tickets thrown at them.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:34 AM   #25
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
The only cars I have had try to race are a Tundra and a Ford Escape full of college kids. Neither are worth my time or driving record.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:56 AM   #26
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
It can also be the cop was sweating you.
Common tactic- get right on someone's a$$, try to rattle them, get them to commit a primary offense so you can pull them over.
They get on your tail because they are doing a rolling marker...that means running the plate past their dispatch. It does take a little time so they maintain a close distance..if everything comes back clean your good...if not they are close enough to pull you over right away.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:01 PM   #27
DDJ-SX-SS

Drives: 2012 L99 2SS/RS
Hey guys sorry for my slow reply.
I know a few people feel I should have warned the kids but please don't judge a fellow enthusiast, I defenitly don't go around taking joy in others sorrow.
I'm not judging anyone here's choice to street race or not either.

But this was different, if you were not there you have to understand a few things.
First these guys were already driving like a bat out of hell, they passed me way over the speed limit before catching the same light. For all I know that cop could have already spotted them before we all got to the light.
Second these guys were acting like assholes, looked like a bunch of drunk frat kids. They were yelling shit and making rude gestures.
I'm respectful to everyone, I don't talk shit to people. Bottom line roll up next to me acting like a ass I feel in no way obligated to extend any courtesy to you.

I my opinion life is all about choices and taking responibility for those choices. I have made good ones and bad ones, when I made bad ones I suffered the consequences took ownership of it.

They made the choice to speed on a road known for having tons of cops.
They made the choice to street race on a road that would unsafe to do so.
They chose to roll up next to a complete stranger and act like assholes.
They chose not to be aware of their surroundings before trying to start a race and missed seeing a cop in plain sight.
Everything that happened to them was their own fault, their ignorance got them in trouble not any lack of kindness on my end. ,)

Last edited by DDJ-SX-SS; 11-13-2014 at 07:55 PM.
DDJ-SX-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:08 PM   #28
DDJ-SX-SS

Drives: 2012 L99 2SS/RS
Btw the cop was riding inches off my bumper, if I had to stop quickly of any reason he would have definitely rear ended me. :0
DDJ-SX-SS is offline   Reply With Quote