Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #1
FI4T0MCAT

Drives: 1969 SS Camaro
If you have a yellow Camaro, please read.

First of mods, please move if this is in the wrong place.

Look for paint chips / paint flaking off. A freind of mine also has a yellow 2010 Camaro. Both of our cars are SS RS cars. I have paint flaking off just inside the door, and now just below the window on the driver side. I talked to the dealer today and they said that I need to get as many people together that may have this problem as i can and they will get ahold of GM so we can have our cars fixed. So please if you find any spots that appear to be chips or flaking please post up along with you VIN, along with your type of car. Thanks

Mine is a SS RS LS3
Old 08-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
You're good.

We may move it to Warranty later. But you'll get more views here.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #3
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
YAY waterbased paint, stupid EPA making us stop using chemicals, we never had this problem before!
80Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #4
VR Code R6P

Drives: 2011 Race Red GT500 w/ SVT Perf Pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80Zedder View Post
YAY waterbased paint, stupid EPA making us stop using chemicals, we never had this problem before!
Really......I've seen a lot of older silver and white GM vehicles with the paint flaking off.
VR Code R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:48 PM   #5
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80Zedder View Post
Not sure I agree with that.

I'm from Pennsylvania where they still have gravel roads and they use sand and cinders in the winter.......

When we used Acrylic Lacquer, we saw lots of damage -- esp to hood headers and rockers.........this was in the 60s and early 70s......much less damage today.

"Thor" (who just happens to be yellow) is now at 14,000 miles and has exactly two chips on his fascia - -that's after having a tire tread thrown at his 'face' by a Grand Cherokee while I was doing *a bit* over 70mph on I-75. Every mark from THAT episode wiped and waxed completely clean!

Of course, Thor Transformed, grabbed the Grand Cherokee -- and threw it across the highway into a field and then he ate the owner...........

........OK - I made that last part up.........

If you ARE having any issues with your paint -- please take your new Camaro back to your dealer......
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:54 PM   #6
FI4T0MCAT

Drives: 1969 SS Camaro
Well i took it to the dealer and they are saying that it could be "rock chips" REALLY??? INSIDE MY DOOR????
Old 08-27-2009, 04:54 PM   #7
Blue Demon

Drives: 2006 Corvette
How about some pictures of the areas you are talking about. We just got our RY SS RS last week.
Blue Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #8
Hoddi
Camaro Girl ~

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FI4T0MCAT View Post
Well i took it to the dealer and they are saying that it could be "rock chips" REALLY??? INSIDE MY DOOR????
Yeah, it's those magical rock chips
Just teasing.

I do hope you get it fixed soon
Hoddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:22 PM   #9
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
Well thats just what we were told about the paint, and i have seen it more frequently, could be just a bad batch of paint, but thats PPG's end of the deal.
80Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:39 PM   #10
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
First of mods, please move if this is in the wrong place.

Look for paint chips / paint flaking off. A freind of mine also has a yellow 2010 Camaro. Both of our cars are SS RS cars. I have paint flaking off just inside the door, and now just below the window on the driver side. I talked to the dealer today and they said that I need to get as many people together that may have this problem as i can and they will get ahold of GM so we can have our cars fixed. So please if you find any spots that appear to be chips or flaking please post up along with you VIN, along with your type of car. Thanks

Mine is a SS RS LS3
Sorry you are having problems, but I think your dealer is feeding you BS.

Your paint is covered by your new car warranty and you don't need to go find others with the same problem so you can get it fixed. They should be fixing it without question...........period.

As Fbodfather said, if you are having problems, take your car to the dealer.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:46 PM   #11
Bumleb

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Rally Yellow
I have a yellow one

I've got a yellow camaro and I wish paint chips/flaking was one of my worries, I currently have worse going on. Just in my opinion.

I'm aggrevated with the "we talked to GM and until there are more of the same issues.......". I just took mine in because the speed-o-meter and tach-o-meter are jittery, they have ordered an entire replacement cluster. And the 'Service Airbag' light was coming on. They said it's because the seat is in a certain position, when I drive it, that it comes on. No fix....?

I will watch for paint chips though. I hope you get it covered and GM fixes it.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:52 PM   #12
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
.......you'll get more views here.
I'm not gonna even click on it.

Quote:
But seriously, can you take some pics of the damage and post them?
Old 08-27-2009, 07:06 PM   #13
jtnwevo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
My Yellow had paint peeling on the rear bumper within 1 month of picking it up. Dealer sent car to bodyshop for repainting without question. Vin is in the 9xxx range.
jtnwevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #14
coolman

I don't know why everyone writes this off to paint chips. Their have been many complaints on here about paint peeling. I've seen It first hand ,as my wifes yellow Lt has it where the rear bumber meets the quarter on both sides and also on the front, they never even painted the upper corners on both sides. And by the, I have a 2001 jeep limited with 80,000mi that has nicer paint then my wife's new camaro.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote