Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #15
Irishblackcoffee

Drives: 13 1LE GBE M6, 12 VR M6 #872
Yes you should, Crystal Red Tint is very nice, but they all look great. Good luck in your hunting.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #16
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
If you can afford it, sure!
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #17
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
the ashen grey looks pretty mean in real life with the 1le accents, but IMO you can't go wrong with any color on the 13's. If you want to go for rarity, get one in a color that's being discontinued in '14 lol
Thanks Ozzy! Lol

The AGM looks pretty good. Not that I'm biased at all... I was dead set on black till I saw AGM in person. You will love it! Pictures really don't do it justice.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #18
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Absolutely not. Stupid question.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #19
Mmar88

Drives: 2013 BRM 2SS/RS/1LE/NPP/NAV
Thanks everyone for the advice ! I really appreciate it...I think the ashen gray is gonna be the winner...kind of off topic question but how long does this learning to drive stick thing normally take? I just dunno if I should buy the car right away or wait until Im competent with it...
Mmar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #20
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Go 1LE. I ditched my Audi S4 for it and I'm VERY glad I did. The Audi is a fine car but there really isn't quite anything like the handling of a 1LE and the NPP exhaust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #21
Boydr12

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmar88 View Post
Thanks everyone for the advice ! I really appreciate it...I think the ashen gray is gonna be the winner...kind of off topic question but how long does this learning to drive stick thing normally take? I just dunno if I should buy the car right away or wait until Im competent with it...
Just look it up on the Internet how to properly do it, and then go practice. Or you can just ride with somebody who drives one daily and learn from them. It shouldn't take more than a couple of hours
Boydr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #22
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Thanks Ozzy! Lol

The AGM looks pretty good. Not that I'm biased at all... I was dead set on black till I saw AGM in person. You will love it! Pictures really don't do it justice.
lol, i almost mentioned you in my post, but was distracted since i had to get my headlight out of the oven

Quote:
it won't take you very long to get the basics of it down. just don't get upset with yourself when you kill it. it's gonna happen while you're learning. if you've got a friend who has a manual, see if they're willing to let you take their car around a parking lot or something and help you out.

buy the car

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #23
schecter7

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Quote:
I think you should wait until you feel fully comfortable with manual. You'll miss out on the fun initially if you use a brand new Camaro as a learning tool. Driving through slow traffic and getting started uphill are something you need to master first. Then try to focus on fast shifting to improve acceleration and also on rev matching. It should not take more than 2/3 weeks if you practice properly. Meantime if needed, you can try to sell your G8 to a private party or work out a better deal with the dealer. Usually trading in previous car is not the best way to go. Do not rush. Good luck.
schecter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #24
bombton_1le

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by schecter7 View Post
I think you should wait until you feel fully comfortable with manual. You'll miss out on the fun initially if you use a brand new Camaro as a learning tool. Driving through slow traffic and getting started uphill are something you need to master first. Then try to focus on fast shifting to improve acceleration and also on rev matching. It should not take more than 2/3 weeks if you practice properly. Meantime if needed, you can try to sell your G8 to a private party or work out a better deal with the dealer. Usually trading in previous car is not the best way to go. Do not rush. Good luck.
U don't need to practice uphill a lot dam HSA take care of that but annoys the Hell out of you if your used to driving manual, just buy it u wont regret it trust
bombton_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #25
schecter7

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombton_1le View Post
U don't need to practice uphill a lot dam HSA take care of that but annoys the Hell out of you if your used to driving manual, just buy it u wont regret it trust
LMAO - I didn't want to bring up HSA but the cat is out of the bag thanks to you Anyways, he has to learn it to be qualified as a competent stick driver. HSA is a PITA!
schecter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #26
Mmar88

Drives: 2013 BRM 2SS/RS/1LE/NPP/NAV
Haha I love the difference in opinions oh i don't know if anyone knew but there's a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT for sale in tonawanda ny 36k miles black and red leather interior !!
Mmar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #27
MPHS_AGM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE AGM
Can't go wrong with a 1LE. I love my car!
2002 Z28 Navy Blue A4 [traded]
1996 Camaro V6 Black [traded]
MPHS_AGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #28
camaro1le

Drives: garage is empty
I was actually thinking of letting my car go.... Maybe start a build... I have a black 2ss 1le with npp exhaust. I,ve added a slp supercharger, moroso oil separator, kooks coated stepped headers, zl1 rockers and dimpled the rotors[More cosmetic than functional]. It,s a great car but I,ve only put 260 miles on it,,, I guess I enjoy wrenching more than driving.... Any thoughts on price would be appreciated. I DON,T need to sell it. So I would never take a beating on the price. Thanks Max {camaro 1le}
camaro1le is offline   Reply With Quote