Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-19-2014, 06:08 PM   #1
Trentin24
Trentin24

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
V3 FARK Kit

I just want to know how many people are using this kit, or the FARK in general and if you have had any problems with it.
When I took it to my local speaker place they said someone installed one in their car and they could never get it to sound right. I am going to be buying a new amp soon and speakers later on. So I just want to make sure I shouldn't be running into any issues.
Trentin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:05 AM   #2
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
The fark is a proven product. The sound in your car depends on so much more than a couple harnesses, so whoever you talked to has something else going on. But think about it. All the fark does is convert the factory plugs to rca (for input) or bare speaker wire (for output). So it's hard to fault the plugs. If you pick the right equipment, this will be the easiest and simplest install you've ever done. Camaro is so easy to begin with and the fark just simplifies it even further.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:25 AM   #3
Twilborne

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray Blue 2LT
I've got the FARK in my car and have no issues. Sounds great.
Twilborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:39 PM   #4
cmoney89

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS IOM
I've had the FARK for about 8 months now never had any issues. Have it hooked up to a JL XD400/4 everything sounds great. The only issue I've had is a slight pop after turning off the car. Read a ton of stuff on this forum on how to get rid of it but have never really solved it, I think it's dependent on the amp.
cmoney89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:03 PM   #5
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
I have been using one of the FARK components to allow the additional amp for my sub for over 4 years. No problems at all. I will be upgrading the amp & speakers in the coming weeks and will not hesitate to use the rest of the kit.

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote