Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 03-09-2009, 01:08 PM   #1
almodovarjose

Drives: 2000 Camaro z28/ss
Running Rough

Hello All

I have a 2000 Camaro SS and lately when I come to a stop the car feels like it wants to stall. I have change the spark plugs, Wires, and still the same. I took it to the nearest GM certify shop and after running a diagnose I was told it need it Injector #2 and #7 changed. So I told the dealer to order the parts and put them on. Two days later I get a call that they have already done the job but that the car remain the same and suggested I put another two injectors. I agreed since I want my car running. This time they said that i should also put injectors #1 and #6. As per the shop all four were put and I should come by and pick my car up. I went to pick up the car and the problem remains. Now the dealer refuses to fix it or give me my money back. I have also driven the car with the Mass flow sensor off but it still rides the same. Can someone give me advise on this. Is it possible that 8 injectors all go bad at once? :bangdesk::bangdesk::bangdesk::bangdesk::bangdesk:
almodovarjose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #2
MrCool

Drives: '95 Z28
Maby it's somewhere in the ignition? Something that comes before the wires? (IDK what kind of ignition system the LS1 camaro has?). (Coil, opti,...?) IDK...

BTW...do you have any mods on it? (For future posts...)

Me randomly spitting out parts and stuff that come to my head:
fuel pump/filter
check for misfire - is the gap and stuff right?

found something similar here, check post #64
MrCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
My car, not a camaro, did that once and it was the 02 censor. But I would think something this simple would have been found by the repair shop. Not a mechanic, wish I could help.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:19 AM   #4
almodovarjose

Thanks guys for the oppinions, I will check every hose and also re do the plugs. Only mods I got is cat back, Flowmaster (american thunder). I have been to atleast 7 different shops and most of them don't want to guess cuz there is no check engine light on. People tell me I should get on GMs back and try to get my 962.00 dollars back. Anyways broken or not I love my ride. Black SS convertible with red trimming. I will post some pictures. Is there anyone in the DC metro area that knows of any gatherings for this spring and summer? Let me know and I will meet with you guys. Chick Fil A over in Sterling VA host every Fridays and Saturdays starting in late march all the sport cars meet there and is very cool to see all the cars there. Same goes on in Charles Town West Virginia where I m from weekend meetings as well but a bit boring. Can't wait to go on my first cruise........Alex Chevrolet in Charles Town>>>>>
Old 03-10-2009, 08:07 AM   #5
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Ask the shop why they diagnosed it as bad injectors, what tests did they run? Might be able to eliminate some stuff baed on their tests.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:30 PM   #6
almodovarjose

At first he showed me some small computer attached under the hood and pointed out injectors 7 and 2. He told me that he did get some codes and thats how he knew it was the injectors. But he is being a pain in the behind and refusing to help. Now check this out, he originally said injectors 7 and 2 then he told me I should replace 1 and 6 also. But when I told him to write down which ones he changed so that I can later on put the other four. On the invoice he shows changing 1,4,5 and 7. So it looks like he never changed #2 or #6. What made him change his mind. I am so going to court over this s----.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:41 PM   #7
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Check for vac leaks too. It can screw up your mixture if air get's in.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #8
7CAMARO7

Drives: Slow 4th gen
may be coils or o2s sense you've done everything else. did you clean your maf?

I'd get on that shops ass for a bullshit diagnosis too...

7CAMARO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:56 PM   #9
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7CAMARO7 View Post
may be coils or o2s sense you've done everything else. did you clean your maf?

I'd get on that shops ass for a bullshit diagnosis too...
They shouldn't charge you for something they didn't fix. I'd look toward some sort of agency in your state that regulates the auto' repair industry. Here in California, we have the Bureau of Automotive Repair. They hold all repair shops to high standards and are always seemingly willing to assist customer complaints and help get them squared away. I'd check to make sure your plugs and wires are tip-top. Are you getting any back-firing or anything?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:17 PM   #10
Super83Z

Drives: 1999 Z28 1983 Z28
Check the hose coming off the passenger side of the throttle body that the PCV valve connects to. They commonly develop holes. Also whats your fuel pressure at? Seems like he was all over skipping around the injectors. Maybe its a dying fuel pump and he misdiagnosed it as injectors.
14 Silverado
Super83Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #11
almodovarjose

Hello Guys

I am doing everything you guys are telling me to do or check. So far I did find a small hole in one of the PCV hoses and replace with a non original until i get to the auto part store. It is still running the same but i will keep checking for other holes. I will clean the MAF tomorrow as well. I originally taught it was the plugs but they told me they checked that twice and that the job was well done. SORRY guys I did forget to mention that it is kind of backfiring. thank you all for the different ideas,, it sure does help.....
Old 03-11-2009, 04:04 PM   #12
7CAMARO7

Drives: Slow 4th gen
also make sure your spark plug wires are plugged up tightly, 2 clicks on the coils and 1 on the plugs

7CAMARO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:32 PM   #13
Super83Z

Drives: 1999 Z28 1983 Z28
Are you getting any codes? How many miles?
14 Silverado
Super83Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #14
almodovarjose

No Check engine light on and no codes per some of the mechanics I took it to. As per Alex Chevrolet there were codes but I believe they just don't know whats really wrong with it. I think they were just guessing when they told me it was two injectors. My car has now 104K it is my daily driver and I commute 90 miles round trip 5 days a week.