Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #43
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
if a car is on the lot for a year (a 2013 vert on lot, since sept 2012 is new with 58 miles , rebate is 1500 and invoice with dest. is 36259. they asking 34,350 but that is the 1500 rebate going to the dealer. i figure if the car is on lot a year, and 2014 are on lot, woulnt 33,000 to 33,500 be more appropriate for a purchase? thanks
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #44
hgoodiii

Drives: Camaro
Hi all, my apologies for reopening his discusion but I have a couple of questions that I have missed in this thread. How does the dealerships get imbursed for GM cash allowances and supplier pricing. Do they receive a dollar for dollar reimbursement? I have a deal working for $5,000 cash allowance and supplier pricing savings of $2,776 for a 2013. Does the dealershiop get the total of $7,776 back from GM? Thanks.
hgoodiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:39 AM   #45
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgoodiii View Post
Hi all, my apologies for reopening his discusion but I have a couple of questions that I have missed in this thread. How does the dealerships get imbursed for GM cash allowances and supplier pricing. Do they receive a dollar for dollar reimbursement? I have a deal working for $5,000 cash allowance and supplier pricing savings of $2,776 for a 2013. Does the dealershiop get the total of $7,776 back from GM? Thanks.
GM is paying for any GM-specific offers. They send a check to the dealer for their incentives. I can't say for certain how reimbursement works with supplier pricing, but I will point out that invoice and supplier pricing are generally very close together.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #46
hgoodiii

Drives: Camaro
Thanks very much.
hgoodiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #47
RubencitoVL

Drives: 2LT/RS
Hello all, went to a dealership to ask for 2013 2lt /RS, automatic, they told me $35k min w/o taxes, registration. I said too high; I waited a little bit & went online & threw an offer of $32k max w/tax, title & registration. One replied w/almost exact what I wanted minus interior color (not by much). I got what I wanted for $32,400 final price to include tax, title and registration ;in addition it came with $400 painted rims & $900 sunroof ;oh & $750 accessory free, which I chose high wing spoiler. Was that a good deal?

Thanks
Ruben
Slow your rrrrrrrol, you already #1

Last edited by RubencitoVL; 11-19-2013 at 11:46 AM.
RubencitoVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #48
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
I like this thanks
Old 04-05-2014, 04:20 PM   #49
Ryder

Drives: 2013 1ss 1le
I sell below invoice and most of my holdback or close to it is generally knocked off the final price as well. I don't believe by any means that asking a dealer about holdback is a bad call. If they hit certain numbers from the manufacture they get a bonus from said manufacture. in some cases this is hundreds of thousands of dollars especially for volume dealers. Don't believe me give me a call. I will be at invoice minus x amount(holdback) Minus all mfg rebates that you qualify for plus 395 in fees . Im at flat invoice plus 395 on zl1s .I will show you my invoice at time of delivery. Great info in this thread but there are exceptions.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:21 PM   #50
Ryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
GM is paying for any GM-specific offers. They send a check to the dealer for their incentives. I can't say for certain how reimbursement works with supplier pricing, but I will point out that invoice and supplier pricing are generally very close together.
supplier pricing is several hundred less than invoice usually.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:30 PM   #51
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Depending on your interest rate, every thousand dollars is roughly $20. That's certainly something to consider, but look at the well-equipped Camaro I posted. This 2SS had its Preferred pricing very close to its invoice price. There's not much else that can be added in terms of equipment, meaning that not much change in price is even possible. I stand by the argument that getting invoice is the best reasonable deal a walk-in customer can get at the dealer. Now, if you're looking to screw somebody, ask for holdback and tell them to pay the taxes. See if they bother to take you seriously.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:03 PM   #52
Ryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Depending on your interest rate, every thousand dollars is roughly $20. That's certainly something to consider, but look at the well-equipped Camaro I posted. This 2SS had its Preferred pricing very close to its invoice price. There's not much else that can be added in terms of equipment, meaning that not much change in price is even possible. I stand by the argument that getting invoice is the best reasonable deal a walk-in customer can get at the dealer. Now, if you're looking to screw somebody, ask for holdback and tell them to pay the taxes. See if they bother to take you seriously.
I agree that invoice is a great deal and asking for tax off would be insane however on every deal I do I'm currently $1100 back of invoice plus 395 in charges minus any rebates. so assuming that this car had a 500 rebate at time of purchase my pricing would be. 35226 plus tax. I make a flat $180 off each car I sell and bonus at 16 and 22 cars. Guess it pays to be the largest GM dealer in the northwest for the past 19 years. we have very low overhead because all our property is paid for and little taxes because of our location. we make our money off the manufactures bonus and of course financing(which we are extremely completive rate wise)accessories and service. We move 1000 rigs a month. I would say that we are the exception. Once again invoice is a great price but one can do better with the right dealership.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:55 PM   #53
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
I disagree with "invoice" being the goal, because you can do better.

First of all, "invoice" ain't what it used to be. Just five years ago, there was a nearly universal spread of 9-9.5% between MSRP and "invoice". I found in my recent negotiation that "invoice" was only 4-4.5% below MSRP. Obviously, dealers and manufacturers got tired of the public having access to their secrets via the Internet. They are now 'hiding the pea' elsewhere. Trust me. There is plenty of profit for the dealer below invoice. Every dealer gets a kickback from GM on every program out there. You know those "advertising" fees that are now added onto every invoice? The dealer gets kick backs by participating in the regional advertising. Get any kind of incentive? The dealer gets a kickback. There is so much hidden money flowing from the OE to the dealer that it becomes very difficult to ascertain what is, and what is not a good deal.

My experience was this. I started by sending out an email to a half dozen dealers in my area informing them of exactly the configuration I was going to buy and requesting a quote on a factory order (because I knew my combination didn't exist on anyone's lot). Almost every dealer started at least with "preferred pricing" (supplier) which for my spec was a couple hundred above invoice. Some were $200 below invoice. The serious Internet sellers were $700 below invoice on their initial quote. Still think invoice is a good price?

I used these quotes to establish a pecking order for the dealers I would negotiate with FTF. The very first dealer I went to see in person increased their offer from invoice <$700 to $1100 below invoice, before incentives which at that time meant another $500 in customer cash. I decided to introduce a trade which complicated the deal but eventually arrived at a satisfactory difference and ultimately amassed another $2000 in cash incentives on top of that.

It just so happened that the finance manager was careless with the paperwork he left laying around and I saw the profit calc sheet they keep on every transaction. The dealer still made $900 on me. Obviously, despite all the salesman's protestations that I got such a great deal, it was still above the minimum transaction threshold for this dealer. I am very happy wth this deal because, after all, the dealer's website doesn't end in .org. They have to make a profit on every deal. I share this with you so that you do not accept the dealer's position that invoice is a "good deal". Invoice today is a good deal for the dealer. You can do better.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:53 PM   #54
Ryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
I disagree with "invoice" being the goal, because you can do better.

First of all, "invoice" ain't what it used to be. Just five years ago, there was a nearly universal spread of 9-9.5% between MSRP and "invoice". I found in my recent negotiation that "invoice" was only 4-4.5% below MSRP. Obviously, dealers and manufacturers got tired of the public having access to their secrets via the Internet. They are now 'hiding the pea' elsewhere. Trust me. There is plenty of profit for the dealer below invoice. Every dealer gets a kickback from GM on every program out there. You know those "advertising" fees that are now added onto every invoice? The dealer gets kick backs by participating in the regional advertising. Get any kind of incentive? The dealer gets a kickback. There is so much hidden money flowing from the OE to the dealer that it becomes very difficult to ascertain what is, and what is not a good deal.

My experience was this. I started by sending out an email to a half dozen dealers in my area informing them of exactly the configuration I was going to buy and requesting a quote on a factory order (because I knew my combination didn't exist on anyone's lot). Almost every dealer started at least with "preferred pricing" (supplier) which for my spec was a couple hundred above invoice. Some were $200 below invoice. The serious Internet sellers were $700 below invoice on their initial quote. Still think invoice is a good price?

I used these quotes to establish a pecking order for the dealers I would negotiate with FTF. The very first dealer I went to see in person increased their offer from invoice <$700 to $1100 below invoice, before incentives which at that time meant another $500 in customer cash. I decided to introduce a trade which complicated the deal but eventually arrived at a satisfactory difference and ultimately amassed another $2000 in cash incentives on top of that.

It just so happened that the finance manager was careless with the paperwork he left laying around and I saw the profit calc sheet they keep on every transaction. The dealer still made $900 on me. Obviously, despite all the salesman's protestations that I got such a great deal, it was still above the minimum transaction threshold for this dealer. I am very happy wth this deal because, after all, the dealer's website doesn't end in .org. They have to make a profit on every deal. I share this with you so that you do not accept the dealer's position that invoice is a "good deal". Invoice today is a good deal for the dealer. You can do better.
AMEN
Old 04-08-2014, 10:02 AM   #55
thepartsden

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro
The hold back is $1115
thepartsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:36 PM   #56
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I could have sworn that the dealer has 2 invoices. They have a wholesale invoice and a retail invoice. The invoice shown in the original post shows the RS package costing $1350. Where as, the wholesale invoice will show $1188, or at least that's what I've seen before and used to haggle when negotiating my car.

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cost, holdback, invoice, invoice price, msrp, pricing