Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-14-2008, 11:27 AM   #1
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
washer fluid sprayer?

While driving my NITRO this weekend I looked out the front windscreen to see the washer fluid sprayers on the hood. . . It dawned on me. . . I never noticed where the camaro's are. . . I assume they are integrated into the wiper arm. . is this a correct assumption?
Old 12-14-2008, 11:31 AM   #2
ctk1
Camarofanatic

Drives: 1969 SS, 1998 RS, 2010 VR 2SS/RS
I hope you are right. Its a small touch, but I think the sprayers on the hood look tacky. Even in the 60's GM went out of their way to hide them, it really cleans up the lines of the car.
ctk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Are we running out of things to post about?????

Jk..... I have never noticed them either and I did some hardcore inspecting at the auto show.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #4
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
the new 2010 mustang apparently hides them, so im pretty sure our camaro might have them intergrated into the wipers
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:39 AM   #5
VICTORY RED 1SS
booyaah

Drives: VICTORY RED 1SS
The windshield has little weep holes so the fluid is secreted from the windshield.

J.K.....hey.. I should invent that!
VICTORY RED 1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:47 AM   #6
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORY RED 1SS View Post
The windshield has little weep holes so the fluid is secreted from the windshield.

J.K.....hey.. I should invent that!
and what do you do when the temperature drops below freezing and the fluid freezes... most likely leading to a broken windshield. thats what i do ruin people's dreams
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:04 PM   #7
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
and what do you do when the temperature drops below freezing and the fluid freezes... most likely leading to a broken windshield. thats what i do ruin people's dreams
you too?

i'd imaging they're either integrated into the wiper arms (like on my truck) or they're in the vent at the bottom of the windshield
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:55 PM   #8
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
Ill prolly take the wipers off and just coat the windshield in rain-x. Thats what ive done one my show trucks and never have a problem when it rains. I know ill prolly get all kinds of shit over this! LOL
Never2LowChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:05 PM   #9
VICTORY RED 1SS
booyaah

Drives: VICTORY RED 1SS
Quote:
Oh, the channels have titanium mesh netting around them to prevent such a calamity. (Also, since washer fluid is alcohol based it doesn't freeze unless you are retarded and run plain water in the winter. )
The supplemental mesh with integrated heater should prevent the idiots who run plain water. The temperature sensors in the windshield sense the temperature of the glass and control the temperature of the fluid and heating grids.
If you have ever seen a car with electric defoggers you know that heating the glass to prevent or remove ice does not break the glass.

Thats what I do...ruin peoples idea ruining.
VICTORY RED 1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #10
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
There should also be a huge razor blade hidden on the A-pillar that scrapes ice off the windshield when the car has been sitting and ice has formed. They should look on forums for designers before they hired the people that go to college to get stupid! LOL
Never2LowChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:28 PM   #11
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORY RED 1SS View Post
Oh, the channels have titanium mesh netting around them to prevent such a calamity. (Also, since washer fluid is alcohol based it doesn't freeze unless you are retarded and run plain water in the winter. )
The supplemental mesh with integrated heater should prevent the idiots who run plain water. The temperature sensors in the windshield sense the temperature of the glass and control the temperature of the fluid and heating grids.
If you have ever seen a car with electric defoggers you know that heating the glass to prevent or remove ice does not break the glass.

Thats what I do...ruin peoples idea ruining.
haha im glad to know you have thought your idea through. i will say down here in the states most windshield wiper fluids freeze at about 25-30 F. rarely do you see the really good stuff unless you're significantly north. I use to use it when my parents live in lake placid, ny. in washington DC however i just use the cheap stuff, which does freeze.
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:47 PM   #12
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
haha im glad to know you have thought your idea through. i will say down here in the states most windshield wiper fluids freeze at about 25-30 F. rarely do you see the really good stuff unless you're significantly north. I use to use it when my parents live in lake placid, ny. in washington DC however i just use the cheap stuff, which does freeze.
what!? i buy the cheap wal-mart stuff & never had it freeze. just for reference, the past couple weeks have been in the low 20*s at night... but even in the teens, i've never had it freeze
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408

Last edited by zebra; 12-14-2008 at 05:11 PM.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:01 PM   #13
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
I just looked through some pictures and I don't see any nozzles around the base of the windshield. So I am guessing they are on the wipers. I will keep looking for evidence though.

EDIT: This is the best engine bay picture I could find. Either they are in the wipers or check out the part that I put the red arrow pointing to. Any chance the nozzles are on the far sides of the windshield?
Name:  SEMA LS7 Wiper Nozzle.jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  68.6 KB

Last edited by Inspector 17; 12-14-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:26 PM   #14
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Me thinks it's hidden behind the "power bulge" in the hood.

Notice the black tube going up the right hinge on the hood and connecting to the two black ends in the middle of the back of the hood.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote