Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #253
CamaroFan1

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
Hey Number 3....Autoblog just picked up this thread....

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/06/02/f...y-distributed/
The title is awesome:

"First free 2010 Camaro lowering kit already distributed"

CamaroFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #254
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherR View Post
Picture with the wheel lock...Not sure it would have stopped them...
Wheel locks are a great deterrent, but...if they want your wheels...they will take them. A lot of the parts stores sell tools for taking off locking nuts. Anybody can buy them.

Connect car to 220 volts? Hmmmmmmmm
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #255
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
I hate to say this, but reality bites as they say. Any time someone gets their wheels stolen be on the look out for a return visit since they know you'll have nice brand new rims AND tires.

MANY years ago (back when shag carpet and custom vans were in vogue), some guy in a nearby apartment complex had his wheels stolen off his custom van. He had them replaced and sure enough they hit him again since they knew he had new ones. Fearing they would steel them once again he booby-trapped them with electricity. Well they did come back, and they didn't get the wheels a third time as one of the perps was fatally electrocuted.
Van owner was sentenced to three years in prison for manslaughter.

I'm sure it sounds like an urban legend to some, but around here the local news followed the story as the case worked its way through to court system. Made a pretty big deal about it as the guy was just trying to protect his property. Guess you'll just have to take my word for it.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:23 PM   #256
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
I'll tell Dave to start stocking Viper alarms. I'm not a fan of locking nuts.

Hopefully they get CAUGHT!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #257
Teleplayer

Drives: 92 Bonnie SSEI - 2010 GT Soon
I was looking at those gorilla locks online. But then I realized that all you need is a tool with just a single rib inside and it will take off every single gorilla lock out there. So unless I am missing something, it isn't a good design.
Teleplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:21 PM   #258
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
The more layers the better. The locks just give you a few secs. The dog barking. The good lighting. Of course a garage is desired. Layers...

When the alarm is installed be sure to piggy back it to passlock. If Viper they sell a specific kit for the passlock.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:24 PM   #259
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Well first, I arranged for Number 3 to be taken back to our Service Technology Garage at the Warren Tech Center. Not to plug anyone but Von's towing, in the photo below took great care with the car. The owner actually came out to help which is why you see two trucks.

It turns out the thieves damaged the front fascia when jacking from odd points using jacks from 4 different manufacturers. The Range Rover jack was badly bent so it appears the intent may have been to leave the car on the jacks and it simply fell off.

No word on any other damage, but they said for sure not this week and probably more like two weeks out of commision. By that point Number 3 will have served the 6 month rotation in the CTF.

So Number 3 may finish the season on Injured Reserve. Lets hope for a quick comeback.

So now I have this loaner car, an Impala SS, so I'm thinking am I disaster proof or would these idiots jack Impala SS wheels? Oh well, garage tonight, but I am feeling somehow like I let them win if I can't even park a car in my own driveway.

Nice Photoshops by the way.
The picture of the flatbed made me tear up a bit...
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #260
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
that sucks

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #261
Nezacant

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
this is the funniest thing i've seen on this site!
I <3 photoshop.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:57 PM   #262
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Garage with alarm/lock lugs/Viper/OnStar/My 135lb Shepherd who doesn't like strangers/12GA.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:47 PM   #263
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Folks, I have to post a follow-up to this. First, Number 3 is out of commission for the near term. Number 3 has been pulled from my care. The repairs and part procurement will take too long. Number 3 has served us for 15,000 trouble free miles. What an outstanding automobile and I am so very glad to have been able to share the experiences with Number 3 with all of you at Camaro5 over the past 5 months. This has been a real treat for me.

However, there is apparently a contingent that somehow has interpreted the fact that I parked the car in my safe for everyday I've lived there driveway and accidentally (maybe) left the car unlocked that somehow I am not appreciative of the company car program that has allowed me to drive, review and pass along to you the experience and pleasures of Number 3.

First, if you think parking a car in your driveway is somehow negligent behavior then you have little faith in mankind or you live in a bad neighborhood. I and my neighbors park our cars in our driveways frequently and up to now, without incident.

If the car was unlocked, and I suspect it was unlocked because these idiots probably couldn't have opened the trunk without setting the alarm off, the only thing it cost was my personal property, which I didn't detail because what this site cares about is the Camaro, so that's what I shared. If you read the posts carefully you would have picked up they already had enough jacks on hand to take the wheels. The unlocked part cost me my stuff, not GM.

Did I need to post how bad I truly felt for you to get it? Did I need to post that my wife was crying over this for you to understand the impact of this theft to us? Do I need to tell you that I feel as violated as if it were my car or one of my motorcycles or any of my own property for you to understand what I felt? Did I need to go on about how stupid I felt for not making sure the car was locked to get my point across?

I apologize to anyone who interpreted this post as taking Number 3 for granted. If you knew me you would be embarrassed for thinking so. But since you don't, let me go further. My wife was terminated from GM in the last go around. This has been far more traumatic for us than the theft of the wheels. So I don't take my employment at GM for granted and I certainly don't take the privilege of driving a company car for granted. And you can take that to the bank.

There, I'm done.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:52 PM   #264
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Did I need to post how bad I truly felt for you to get it? Did I need to post that my wife was crying over this for you to understand the impact of this theft to us? Do I need to tell you that I feel as violated as if it were my car or one of my motorcycles or any of my own property for you to understand what I felt? Did I need to go on about how stupid I felt for not making sure the car was locked to get my point across?
No, you certainly shouldn't have to do any of these things. Members of this website/forum should have understood it, and those of that have been around longer knew it when we read it.

Thanks for sharing with us, #3, and thanks for not letting the bad parts of this board keep you from sharing.

Last edited by Number_9; 06-02-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:12 PM   #265
marticus24

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Folks, I have to post a follow-up to this. First, Number 3 is out of commission for the near term. Number 3 has been pulled from my care. The repairs and part procurement will take too long. Number 3 has served us for 15,000 trouble free miles. What an outstanding automobile and I am so very glad to have been able to share the experiences with Number 3 with all of you at Camaro5 over the past 5 months. This has been a real treat for me.

However, there is apparently a contingent that somehow has interpreted the fact that I parked the car in my safe for everyday I've lived there driveway and accidentally (maybe) left the car unlocked that somehow I am not appreciative of the company car program that has allowed me to drive, review and pass along to you the experience and pleasures of Number 3.

First, if you think parking a car in your driveway is somehow negligent behavior then you have little faith in mankind or you live in a bad neighborhood. I and my neighbors park our cars in our driveways frequently and up to now, without incident.

If the car was unlocked, and I suspect it was unlocked because these idiots probably couldn't have opened the trunk without setting the alarm off, the only thing it cost was my personal property, which I didn't detail because what this site cares about is the Camaro, so that's what I shared. If you read the posts carefully you would have picked up they already had enough jacks on hand to take the wheels. The unlocked part cost me my stuff, not GM.

I apologize to anyone who interpreted this post as taking Number 3 for granted. If you knew me you would be embarrassed for thinking so. But since you don't, let me go further. My wife was terminated from GM in the last go around. This has been far more traumatic for us than the theft of the wheels. So I don't take my employment at GM for granted and I certainly don't take the privilege of driving a company car for granted. And you can take that to the bank.

There, I'm done.
- we understand. That sucks. I would hope that whomever may have misinterpreted your posts does enough due dilligence to perhaps read your history on this forum. It would prove you're exactly the opposite of what they think.

Either way, I say THANK YOU, for everything you've contributed to this community throughout your time with Number3, we certainly know you never took 3 for granted!
marticus24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #266
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
so uh Numba 3 you should buy some nice foose nitrous black wheels
You like it... YES
Attached Images