Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-25-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
parksdjs

Drives: 2010 Camro 2SS
Chevrolet Camaro SS energizes new American muscle movement

This sum's it up http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...rican-muscle-/

After my test drive of the sizzling 2010 Camaro 2SS, I couldn’t suppress a fantasy.

“I’ll take one in red, one in silver and one in black,” I told Mike Ellis, Mountain View Chevrolet sales manager. Mr. Ellis smiled and assured me that plenty of the super coupes are in the pipeline for anyone who requires an assortment of colors.

The new Camaro, in top-of-theline SS trim, is the best example yet of the new American muscle movement. Our 2SS tester was powered by a snarling, 6.2-liter V-8 engine. The vast displacement churns out 400 horsepower, which glues you to the Camaro’s perforated leather seats like a jetliner lifting off a runway.

STYLING: From its flared wheel wells to the power bulge on the hood, the Camaro 2SS looks fast standing still. The all new Camaro has a low roofline and high beltline that gives the car the appearance of a coiled muscle. Our 2SS tester had optional 20-inch, chrome wheels. An SS tail badge gives you bragging rights. Inside the Camaro’s comfortable cockpit, black leather seating surfaces and a black-out dash give the car an unmistakably masculine feel. And, indeed, most of the early purchasers of these SS Camaros are middle-age men trying to recapture the muscle magic of the 1960s-era pony cars.

DRIVING IMPRESSIONS: The Camaro is a much more comfortable car than you might imagine. The front buckets are built for ample frames, and the driving position is terrific. The big V-8 has a bottomless well of power. About half the SS’s sold are equipped with manual transmissions, Mr. Ellis said, for people who want the full, muscle-car experience.

BOTTOM LINE: With a base price of $33,945 (our tester came in at $38,255), the Camaro SS is the least expensive time machine on the market. Wives, if your husbands are showing any signs of a mid-life angst, send them to Mountain View Chevrolet for instant relief. (Honey, did you hear that?)
parksdjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
AFblueSS
U.S.A.F. Retired

Drives: Imperial Blue 2010 Camaro 1SS / 6MT
Send a message via Yahoo to AFblueSS
Thumbs up

Cool...good write-up! A very accurate description of my dream car--which is sitting in my garage right now!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Well written!!!
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #4
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
very true.with the camaro once again asserting itself on the streets, highways and drag strips,it has indeed fueled the fire in us once again for performance.the big 3 are all fighting for supremacy( after a long heidas ) of giving us back what we never wantd to lose,fun in driving our cars.it has been fun for me once again to see the auto makers battle it out to see who is number 1.LONG LIVE HIGH PERFORMANCE.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:54 PM   #5
WOLFINN_2SS
Wuf! Wuf! *Low Growl*

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 IBM/S HUD SR ATAK
mmhhmm... mmmhhhhmmmmmmm...