Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-03-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
CamaroFreako
KMK

Drives: Slow V6 Camaro
is the Camaro worth it?

hello everybody...

i am new to this site and all....
i am 19 and i am going to buy my first Car...which i had in mind that it going to be the 2010 Camaro LT/RS, but sadly no body ever recommend it to me at all. Everybody says that I should buy a Lexus or Audi, but i want a sport car such as Camaro, Mustang, Challenger.
So, i am here to get some guidance from the Camaro drivers. Is the Camaro worth it? do you use it in your daily life or you got another Car for that and the Camaro just for fun nights?

sorry to take so long. but buying a car isn't that easy. its something i am going to drive for next 5 years.

thanks
CamaroFreako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #2
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Oh yeah, it's worth it. Of course your asking this on a Camaro forum, so there will be a little bias.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:52 PM   #3
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Oh yeah, it's worth it. Of course your asking this on a Camaro forum, so there will be a little bias.
^^^ See, there's the bias.

The supercharged Hyundai Excel is a much better car.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:56 PM   #4
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
For the money and the style, I don't think there is any other car that can compete. I know i'm biased but I already owned one and I went out and bought another when I thought the car was really worth it.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:58 PM   #5
CamaroFreako
KMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
yes i understand there would be a bias, but that okay, all i want to know if Camaro good enough to be with me for the next 5 years as my first car or would i have some problems in some things that the Camaro drivers did have.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #6
CamaroFreako
KMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
^^^ See, there's the bias.

The supercharged Hyundai Excel is a much better car.
Okay....thanks. but i like American more.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #7
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFreako View Post
yes i understand there would be a bias, but that okay, all i want to know if Camaro good enough to be with me for the next 5 years as my first car or would i have some problems in some things that the Camaro drivers did have.
You take care of your baby and she'll take care of you.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #8
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Nevermind him, he's just being a smart ass. And a good one at that.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #9
CamaroFreako
KMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
For the money and the style, I don't think there is any other car that can compete. I know i'm biased but I already owned one and I went out and bought another when I thought the car was really worth it.
Two Camaros? that nice....i will try not to envy you......!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
CamaroFreako, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

Name:  NewFridge.jpg
Views: 1560
Size:  95.4 KB

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!

YES the Camaro is worth it. You are looking at a LT/RS, I have a 2LT/RS, I love it, and yes, its my daily driver too. It gets descent gas milage, has LOTS of get up and go, and has STLYE out the gazoo. You can't go wrong.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #11
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Quote:
I don't think you got the sarcasm in this repsonse, espcially with the popcorn eating smilie at the end. Of course the Camaro is a wonderful car and there's no way you're going to be guaranteed to have a perfect car, but that is why there is an excellent warranty. On the other hand, I don't think there are too many Audis or Lexus models at the Camaro's price point, especially if you are looking at V6 models. Lexus makes some fine cars, but they aren't American muscle cars and lack the character of the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger. I've looked at each of them, and the Camaro is the nicest of the three.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #12
CamaroFreako
KMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
CamaroFreako, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

Attachment 84321

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!

YES the Camaro is worth it. You are looking at a LT/RS, I have a 2LT/RS, I love it, and yes, its my daily driver too. It gets descent gas milage, has LOTS of get up and go, and has STLYE out the gazoo. You can't go wrong.
Thanks alot for the welcome. i can afford a lot better cars, such as Audi, porshe, Lexus and Benz so everybody think its weird to buy a Camaro compared to the others cars.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:12 PM   #13
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Camaro is a great car, but to be honist with you, I normally recommend new drivers by a cheap used car until they get some driving exspirience. Drive a beater for a year or 2. I'm not saying your a bad driver, but you lack the exspierience to aviod the ones that are. after a year or two buy yourself something nice.

I've had my 1SS for three weeks and have had 8 near misses.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:14 PM   #14
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
YES!
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote