Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 08-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
Camonster

Drives: 2013 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS/RS
Getting very irritated with shaky shifts in the morning...

I know there are plenty of threads about this, but I am getting a bit of a mad on. Whenever I start my car in the morning, or when it hasn't been driven all day, I get very shaky shifts for the first few minutes of driving (M6). I don't believe it to be an issue of my ability to drive stick. This car is my first manual, and ive only had it for 6 months, but once the car has been running a few minutes, I can shift very smoothly and easily. I've heard of people running Royal Purple trans fluid and getting cleaner shifts... Any personal experience with that? Does anyone with the same problem have a solution? Any help would be appreciated
Old 08-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Depends on what you want to spend and what your issue is. I for a ideal garage master cylinder, tick high flow clutch line, JDP stage 2 remote reservoir kit, motul brake fluid and filled the tranny and rearend with GM fluid....yes a better fluid than they put in our cars, should have just came like that from the factory. I went with GM fluid in case something broke and they tried blaming it on the fluid. It helped a lot and is way better than stock IMHO. Part numbers below are for the fluids I used from GM.
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2013, 02:32 AM   #3
2012REDSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I used the Royal Purple SyncroMax (Ithink thats it) and it helped alot. Alot of people recommend Amsoil and Redline fluids too.
2012REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camonster View Post
I know there are plenty of threads about this, but I am getting a bit of a mad on. Whenever I start my car in the morning, or when it hasn't been driven all day, I get very shaky shifts for the first few minutes of driving (M6). I don't believe it to be an issue of my ability to drive stick. This car is my first manual, and ive only had it for 6 months, but once the car has been running a few minutes, I can shift very smoothly and easily. I've heard of people running Royal Purple trans fluid and getting cleaner shifts... Any personal experience with that? Does anyone with the same problem have a solution? Any help would be appreciated
Apologies to hear of the shaky shifts. I know that's displeasing for you! Let me know if this issue continues or worsens and I'll help set up an appointment for you at your local dealer. You can private message us to send updates or seek additional assistance as well.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care