Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #29
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
^ I was just thinking back a few years ago, and we literally had bupkus. If you wanted to go fast in a Chevrolet, you did it in either a FWD turbo shopping cart or spent $40k to do it in a Vette. The Mustang was a ridiculous plastic wonder, and Chrysler had nothing.

Now we've got a new Camaro with 426hp, a droptop Camaro, the Mustang 5.0, and a new Challenger from Dodge, and also something to throw in the middle and laugh at from the Koreans

Too heavy...It has 426hp! Let me be the first to say,

I like it!!!!
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #30
FirstandFifthGen

Drives: 68 Camaro, 48 Chevy truck, 36 Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
I will just say that the big three have come to the table with some good looking nice performance cars and to me thats all that matters!!!

I just so happen to favor the Camaro only cause I was raised with Chevys. you guys would get sick if I posted the pictures of the cars my dad trashed at the race track back in the 70's..

Bottom line is we have some BADASS looking cars hitting the streets,and they are not imports this time around..
Exactly my thoughts and background.
FirstandFifthGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:58 PM   #31
Sneeks20
Account Suspended

Drives: your woman wild...
Vert will be my 3rd camaro!!! Well as soon as im done paying this one. Dont care what fiance says....hmmmm
Sneeks20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #32
Sneeks20
Account Suspended

Z28 ofcourse
Old 01-12-2011, 10:10 PM   #33
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
I'm not really a Convertible fan unless it's a hardtop.

Here where I live you better where a Helmet while driving top down on the freeway! LOL
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:20 PM   #34
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Hope the topics not misleading...

I've been a Camaro owner since the late 90s and am (trying to) patiently wait for the arrival of my 2SS vert. In the meantime, I browse the forums and I can't help but be overwhelmed by the number of shallow comments stating "don't like it" or "its too heavy" etc... so I figured this a good place to post my own thoughts rather than wasting someone elses thread.

First off- yes there is a weight difference? Im not really sure how much, but I just don't see the big deal. Its no difference than riding with a passenger (or 2) in a coupe. And when it really comes down to it- no matter what car you buy, or how much $ u put into it, someones gonna have something newer, faster and more expensive... I just don't get it!

And I know this is a personal preference, but I gotta believe most vert buyers will agree- we have.much better visions of our cars than sitting in line at a track, (personally, I invision driving around w a hot brunette in a bikini top in mine!) Although not that old, I've come to the conclusion long ago, that looks and comfort weigh in just as heavily as performance, so to me- the few tenths of a second performance I loose is well worth the topless cruises on the weekends.

And finally, "I don't like it"... really? That's necessary after reading it 3,000 times repeatedly?! I don't particularily like mayo, but I don't crash the miracle whip web site daily to tell them. Its great to have your opinion, and even share it (when asked)but to constantly jump forums to simply put "I don't like it" or "trunk lids ugly"... that's great for you, but we get it- and those of us buying verts- don't care that you don't like it! ( much like many won't care that I took the time to write this, but at least I didn't jack someone elses post to do it!)

So there's my peace. Coupe owners, I've drooled for 2 yrs in silence as u drove around while i patiently waited, now its my turn to bask in the joy, and I will be doing so topless, and loving every minute of it while u lurk in the shadows!
Why does it bug you so bad what other people think? If that's what you long for then other people's opinions wouldn't ever enter your mind. I'm a big fan of yellow cars and many people don't like yellow. That doesn't make me go into a rage and get upset. I just say to each it own.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #35
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
I'm just glad there is a vert option for those that want it.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #36
Sneeks20
Account Suspended

A "T" top would be WAY better. That will be the day i would say, @*$% the mortgage and get one. Buts thats just me
Old 01-12-2011, 11:14 PM   #37
johndawg
I'd rather be shooting...

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black/Black
Send a message via AIM to johndawg
To each their own...

Enjoy the convertible! I think they look awesome.

The Official Photographer of the 2010, 2011 & 2012 Camaro5 Fests!!! www.theshuttergroup.com
johndawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:57 PM   #38
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Hope the topics not misleading...

I've been a Camaro owner since the late 90s and am (trying to) patiently wait for the arrival of my 2SS vert. In the meantime, I browse the forums and I can't help but be overwhelmed by the number of shallow comments stating "don't like it" or "its too heavy" etc... so I figured this a good place to post my own thoughts rather than wasting someone elses thread.

First off- yes there is a weight difference? Im not really sure how much, but I just don't see the big deal. Its no difference than riding with a passenger (or 2) in a coupe. And when it really comes down to it- no matter what car you buy, or how much $ u put into it, someones gonna have something newer, faster and more expensive... I just don't get it!

And I know this is a personal preference, but I gotta believe most vert buyers will agree- we have.much better visions of our cars than sitting in line at a track, (personally, I invision driving around w a hot brunette in a bikini top in mine!) Although not that old, I've come to the conclusion long ago, that looks and comfort weigh in just as heavily as performance, so to me- the few tenths of a second performance I loose is well worth the topless cruises on the weekends.

And finally, "I don't like it"... really? That's necessary after reading it 3,000 times repeatedly?! I don't particularily like mayo, but I don't crash the miracle whip web site daily to tell them. Its great to have your opinion, and even share it (when asked)but to constantly jump forums to simply put "I don't like it" or "trunk lids ugly"... that's great for you, but we get it- and those of us buying verts- don't care that you don't like it! ( much like many won't care that I took the time to write this, but at least I didn't jack someone elses post to do it!)

So there's my peace. Coupe owners, I've drooled for 2 yrs in silence as u drove around while i patiently waited, now its my turn to bask in the joy, and I will be doing so topless, and loving every minute of it while u lurk in the shadows!
"verts" are easy to "slash" and take things that belong to you!..very disconcerting!..hell!.these days,they might slash it because they don't like the color!..the "great unwashed!"
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:01 AM   #39
jmaryt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
This is a public forum and people are allowed to post wherever they want as long as it's within the rules. Some people just plain don't like it, and they have a right to express that just as much as you have a right to express how much you like it.

As long as everyone plays nice.
so what if it's a heavier pig!..ya didn't buy it for gas mileage anyhow!
just sayin!
Old 01-13-2011, 12:02 AM   #40
jmaryt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
To solve this dilemma I ordered a convertible to go along with my coupe !
This is something I have always wanted to do !
life's sweet!
Old 01-13-2011, 12:06 AM   #41
outlaw2

Drives: 12 SS/RS Conv, 66 Impala SS Conv
And if this Convertible is TOO heavy as some say you just add more HP and to prove a point the Navy F-4 Phantom back in the day was a "brick" that Flew through the air. I've owned Ragtops sense 1978 and Wish I could own this thing also but will make do with my 2SS/RS hardtop (Coupe). If you find yourself in northern Nevada with a Ragtop and find DROOL all over it don't worry its not Hazardous, I have no self control.....................
Old 01-13-2011, 01:30 AM   #42
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Why does it bug you so bad what other people think? If that's what you long for then other people's opinions wouldn't ever enter your mind. I'm a big fan of yellow cars and many people don't like yellow. That doesn't make me go into a rage and get upset. I just say to each it own.
Its not others opinions that bugs me so, nor do I concider this a rant by any means, its more the general "intent" (again, in my opinion) of this forum... I have been on here for quite awhile, anxiously awaiting my car, I look to the forum for advice, insight and ideas, likewise, it gives me a lifeline to thrive off while I wait on my car. But as each snippit of news comes out, it gets disheartening (and tedious) to read the redundant " I don't like it, its too heavy" comments. While everyone IS entitled to there opinions (I served long enough myself to help garuntee that) its still a nuisance to repeatedly read ignorant comments splashed across ever and any convert post (by the same ppl) bashing our dream vehicles. I don't believe the coupe ppl "get it" cuz while they were patiently waiting, there was no one else on here to discredit their cars, so instead, they all had a forum to discuss happily in anticipation of their upcoming rides. Us vert owners are being denied that anticipated good-will as everytime I anxiously open a new article, instead of friendly banter of excitement, I see "I don't like it, etc...

At the end of the day, this is a Camaro forum- we're all (hopefully) here because we love our Camaros, coupe, vert, new, old whatever the case may be. Instead of downing someone elses likes, keep it positive so we can all enjoy the Camaro experience! Got enough enemies in the rice-burner category as it is without shooting our own!
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote