Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-26-2011, 08:46 PM   #43
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
i would like to just to see what it puts out

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Stainless powers 1 7/8 LT headers, cold air inductions cai, Tuned by dynosteve, Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #44
Rdditten

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2LT RS, STS TURBO
Send a message via AIM to Rdditten Send a message via Yahoo to Rdditten
Let me know how the e-85 works out. I have had this idea for quite some time. Asked around a bit and didn't get much positive feedback on it for our application. I am not sure that the V-6 fuel system can push enough e-85 for it to work?????
I do know this. I have a friend that drag races using e-85. He has a way to check the actual mix of the fuel. He has found that in the spring and fall it is not always true e-85. It is mixed differently at that time for starting ease. He finds that mid summer is best and is always sure to get a couple of drums to store for those times when he can't get good e-85. Just a little information for you in case you run in to this.
I like the idea of using e-85 with my turbo for the reasons you mentioned. Particularly the cooling effect with the high compression. Its unfortunate that Chevrolet didn't setup the Camaro from the start to use e-85.. That would have been great!
Good LUCK!

Last edited by Rdditten; 05-26-2011 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Missed a word
Rdditten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:39 AM   #45
Rdditten

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2LT RS, STS TURBO
Send a message via AIM to Rdditten Send a message via Yahoo to Rdditten
http://www.raceone85.com/
Rdditten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:52 AM   #46
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
fuel system was my main concern but vince at trifecta said that with our direct injection it will be possible. I am also fully aware of the winter and summer blend. We are in the summer range right now so I am not too worried about it. Plus if everything go good and depending how much extra hp I can get out of this conversion I am only planning to run it through the summer. We will all find out soon if our direct injection and high compression can benefit from e85. I be happy even if I can just get 5% extra hp with just tuning. Got my fingers crossed.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:01 AM   #47
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
I guess one cant really take these numbers too seriously. It make sense that dyno is only good to figure out what we made and what we lost on the same dyno, same situation, same car.
Agreed. Every dyno is different and the numbers I posted were derived from an average of what seemed to be dialed in dynos.
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:10 AM   #48
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
There is an E-85 station almost three miles from me.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:36 AM   #49
bmorecam
Account Suspended

I have one 7 miles from where I work and one about 15 miles from where I live so this work out pretty good for me too. Right now e85 in my area is little bit over $3.50 per gallon.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #50
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I think there are about 15-20 stations here in the las Vegas/Henderson areas. Lol
Old 06-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #51
Shrader

Drives: 1999 supercharged Mustang
Glad to see you've done your research on E85 before you just jumped into the conversion. I'm somewhat of a E85 self proclaimed expert. Been running it in Mustangs for about 3 years now with great results. One of things people don't realize is that you have to COMPLETELY drain your tank of old gas before loading in the e85. If there's any residual gasoline in the tank, it makes the mixture blend down to a lower ethanol content, and that directly changes the air/fuel ratio that occurs from the mixture in the tank. Adding more gas makes it richer. Adding more ethanol makes it leaner (with no other PCM changes). So the trick to swapping back and forth is a clean fresh tank of fuel.

There's not huge gains to be made on N/A cars but you can pickup a little with tuning. Boosted cars really wake up because of the cooling properties and how much timing advance you can throw at it and how much more compression you can throw into the motor safely.

As you can tell, I love this stuff!

You can get some other info on my e85 site at www.e85mustangs.com . I know it's not Chevy related, but the concepts are the same.
Shrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:35 AM   #52
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Thanks for your feedback! I actually praised your article on e85mustang here on C5. I thought it was very informative especially for starters. When I went into converting to e85 I went in expecting at least 5% increase in power with the right advance in timing and tuning. During this time vince@trifecta (our v6 tuner) came up with ideas to take full advantage of e85 via our high compression, direct injection, and VVT.
So far the power gain has been incredible! In my opinion, more than what a normal N/A car will see. I will be putting the car on the dyno very shortly so stay tuned in for final number