Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #29
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6

real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #30
burton227

Drives: 2010 Camaro Yellow w/ Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post
BTW, be CERTAIN the dealer provides 2 new MATCHING tires to the tires that are already on the car. VERY IMPORTANT!

REMEMBER, these "fixes" the dealer agreed to and wrote a "We Owe You" for, are under warranty!

Whether the vehicle is new or used, there is a warranty - at least on the "repairs", added accessories and new parts used to repair the vehicle for at least 30 days if it's a used vehicle and probably even longer if you bought it as a GM Certified Pre-Owned.

Get them to make it right. Find a couple of color pics of the Transformer Edition, print them and take them to the dealer so that they can see where exactly the badge should be applied.

Good luck and please keep us posted.
Yeah I already got the tires put on and they were the perreli P Zeros so those were all well and good. But yeah I will print out some copies of where the badge should be applied. I am still just baffled as to why they thought to put it so far down.
burton227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #31
burton227

Alright so the car is back at the dealership and its been there for about 5 hours now so it should be done soon. I printed out how the badges should look and gave them to the manager to show to the service department and they are supposed to be replacing the cracked bowtie in the front and then touching up the paint. I thought it would only take a few hours but still no call. I'll be sure to post pics when I get her back and tell you all how it went.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #32
burton227

Okayyyy sooooooo you all were right when you were saying they would do a cheap job with the paint and i knew that going into it. But i thought the worst that would happen would be a badly painted bumper but no. I was wrong yet again. They ruined my ENTIRE paint job including the windows, and engine bay. They taped off about 6 inches up from the bumper and when they sprayed it with paint the paint got over the entire rest of the car and left a rough surface with untreated paint. They tried hiding it by getting a razor blade and scratching the paint off the windows and such but they did a very half assed job of it. (no surprise there.) I am really upset now because instead of it just being an issue with the paint on the front bumper the paint and stripes on the entire car is now ruined.

I couldnt really get a good picture of the outside becuase it was dark out but I got a picture of the engine bay. The part on the left side is clean becuase I removed it when I replaced the air filter last night and scrubbed it down and detailed it to see if it would come off. It looks better than the rest of the bay but it is still very yellow. The rest of the bay is actually after I scrubbed it with some wash anywhere compound and nothign happened becuase they tried to clean it as well but it is all stained. i dont know what to do anymore because now its not just a question of fixing it because it is unfixable without repainting the entire car and replacing the windows/ mirrors that they scratched trying to remove the paint they got on it. I just dont know what to do.
Attached Images

Old 08-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #33
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Get your money back if there is any way to do it, and walk

GM might care about you but the Dealerships typically don't give one dead rat ass about you. You're an oxygen thief to them unless you're signing a check
Old 08-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #34
ECCamaro
High Desert Camaro Man

Drives: White Convertible-Tan Top 2SS V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Get your money back if there is any way to do it, and walk

GM might care about you but the Dealerships typically don't give one dead rat ass about you. You're an oxygen thief to them unless you're signing a check
Agreed. Get your money back and then find another vehicle. This is not worth the hassle.
ECCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #35
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by burton227 View Post
Yeah I have the copy of it but I just hate how vague it is! It leaves way too many loop holes. It just says:

1. 2 new rear tires

2. Fix paint chips +replace bowtie

3. Put on emblems + decals

So now that the emblems and such are installed I now need to go back to get the transformers logo reapplied because they put it on wayyyy too low. I'm not quite sure why they put it so low as I have never seen one put on in any other place but directly below the camaro logo. I just hope it can be done without any damage and more unneeded time consumption.
Lmao
DagoCountyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #36
jrpimp00

Drives: '10 Black/IOM Camaro SS/RS
You really need to start checking this stuff before you leave the dealership. Also, stop taking delivery of the vehicle when its obviously not done correctly, it may come back to bite you in the ass
Old 08-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #37
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by burton227 View Post
Yeah I do it's on our "do bill"
You make a thousand copies of that piece of paper and bring one in every day until that gets fixed.

This thread has been moved to the proper forum.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #38
JCunningham

ya I had probably over $1000 damage to my car but I was so anxious to get it i didnt look close enough at it. car is silver but I assumed o its a new car. and now im paying to get it all fixed.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 08-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #39
JCunningham

GET YOUR MONEY BACK . Edited I don't know what I was thinking

Last edited by JCunningham; 08-20-2013 at 11:28 PM. Reason: mind fart
Old 08-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #40
burton227

Yeah like as of right now I just want my money back because there is no way it will look perfect again. It started it with just some road rash then they decided to repaint the entire bumper. I would of rather them not have done it then ruin the entire car like this. Because I know it will never be the same. The little scratches I could have fixed myself or just lived with. But now the terrible front bumper paint job and all the "backwash" done to the rest of the car its just ruined..... :/ anyone have any idea how I should go about getting my money back? Should I take legal action? Threaten? Stay calm? I just dont know what to do but I'm practically depressed now seeing what they did to this beautiful car and I cant do anything about it :/
Old 08-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #41
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Did they sell it to you as a true transformers edition? Does it have the correct rally stripes that says Transformers on the Cowl? Also the transformers door sill plates? And it should have a autobot symbol on the console arm rest.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #42
burton227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Did they sell it to you as a true transformers edition? Does it have the correct rally stripes that says Transformers on the Cowl? Also the transformers door sill plates? And it should have a autonomy symbol on the console arm rest.
No they just installed the transformers edition for me. So it has everything but the head/arm rests and transformers on the cowl.