Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 01-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
kizzle02

Drives: Camaro
Seattle Area Body Shop?

Anyone recommend a good body shop in the Seattle area? I live on the Eastside but am open to anything. Quality is my main concern.

Ran into an ice patch this weekend and probably need to get the rear bumper replaced and some other minor work done.

Thanks.
kizzle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
Christiancoach

Drives: 2008 Holden Commodore SSV
I have been using Nick at Aldercrest Auto Rebuild for a couple of years now. He did my conversion and all the little details that I have changed over the last 2 years, and repaired my car when it got sideswiped recently. They are a Mercedes, and LExus Certified Repair Shop. The Mercedes Certification is no joke.
I have also used Eurotek Bodywerks in Kirkland. They do a lot of high end stuff.
If you contact either one, mention that Tony with the Holden Commodore sent you.
Hopefully the referal will save you a few bucks!
Old 01-21-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
MOMSREDSS

Drives: 2010 Victory RED RS/SS L99
We have also used Nick from Aldercrest. A lady didn't look as she was backing out of a parking space & T-boned the passenger side of our car. Nick does great work.

He's a total car guy! just after we bought our Camaro, I went in to ask about him painting some extra stuff on my car. I pulled in to the lot with my Camaro & my brother-in-law pulled in behind me in his Challenger. I don't remember his exact words, but he was excited to see us pull in. He came out & checked out both the cars & pointed out is Mustang. Nicks a great guy, he came highly recommended to us.

Sorry you need to have work done. Hopefully it won't take long to get your car repaired & ack on the road again?
2010 2SS/RS, L99, Victory Red, Cyber Gray Stripes, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Tinted Windows, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Pedders Stainless Brake Lines, ARH Long Tube Headers, SLP Loudmouth II Axle Back, BMR Rear trailing arms, BMR Level 3 Performance Handling Package; Build Journal http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130448
MOMSREDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:16 AM   #4
DroptopZ
I'm your huckleberry...

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '88 IROC vert
Nick does good work, but he writes a high sheet. If you don't mind paying a bit extra, Aldercrest is a good way to go. Along those same lines, you may want to check out Queen City Auto Rebuild in Redmond, but they are much the same...

One word of caution: I am a car guy and would probably use either one of those shops for repairs myself, but if you are going through insurance, make sure your insurance company looks at it first and then works directly with the shop. Both Aldercrest and Queen City write a much higher sheet than most insurance companies will pay (retail estimate vs. insurance estimate) and may not come down to standard labor rates etc if they've already written a sheet. This can sometimes be as much as a $10/hour labor-rate difference.

What's really hard is that, working in the insurance industry, I am used to looking at estimates that are 'in line' as far as what is charged per hour on labor, etc. Many of the better body-shops charge out the nose on retail repairs because they can. It's the price you pay for good work, I suppose, but it can run you a pretty penny.

Another good shop in the Seattle area is Roosevelt Auto Body (U District). They do good work, as well and are probably closer to the area you are looking in

DroptopZ is offline   Reply With Quote