Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #337
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
and struts on others.
I didn't find one piece of evidence that replacing just the struts resolved the issue.

My thought is besides loose nuts/bolts that the revised spring isolator is the ticket.

-Funk
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:06 PM   #338
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
True.

Seems there are a few things up there that could be the issue.

I suppose tearing it all down and putting it back together might resolve soemthing...if put back together all correctly.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #339
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
I'll put mine up on the rack before I take it in. Mine has done this since day one. Only does it on rougher roads, the test drive I went on was only on smooth roads....go figure. Pnyklr, thanks for summing it up. I read like the first three pages and skipped to the last hoping for a solution to be highlighted. But you did do that for me! Thanks. Btw, do you belong to suzukicentral?
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #340
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr View Post
I didn't find one piece of evidence that replacing just the struts resolved the issue.

My thought is besides loose nuts/bolts that the revised spring isolator is the ticket.

-Funk
Do you belong to suzukicentral? My name is kfxguy on there.
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:54 PM   #341
pnyklr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
Do you belong to suzukicentral? My name is kfxguy on there.
Nope, sorry.

-Funk
Old 04-21-2011, 11:59 AM   #342
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I just wanted to say that I've added this thread among others to a list of issues that have been discussed on this forum. Hopefully this expedites the issue. I will be speaking with our Technical Assistance team on this issue today.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #343
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I just wanted to say that I've added this thread among others to a list of issues that have been discussed on this forum. Hopefully this expedites the issue. I will be speaking with our Technical Assistance team on this issue today.

I applaud you!!!

Old 04-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #344
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Basically what I got back from our Technical Assistance team was that there is some documentation on the issue that the dealership would have. Currently it is a normal condition of the vehicle (this would have to be confirmed by the dealership to make sure that the sound isn't being caused by a broken or defective part). I know this isn't entirely thrilling and not the answer many of you were looking for, but this noise is normal. If this information helps any of you I will be happy.

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:35 PM   #345
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Basically what I got back from our Technical Assistance team was that there is some documentation on the issue that the dealership would have. Currently it is a normal condition of the vehicle (this would have to be confirmed by the dealership to make sure that the sound isn't being caused by a broken or defective part). I know this isn't entirely thrilling and not the answer many of you were looking for, but this noise is normal. If this information helps any of you I will be happy.

Out of curiosity and with total respect to you, why would we be constantly getting the thud noise in only the front right and not in the front left? I would think that if it were normal, we'd get it in both front and left strut areas since it's basically the same parts and engineering set up.

See, the main issue here is that it feels like a popping and that it in fact does NOT happen to all vehicles....therefore is not normal as the dealer says.

I didn't get the popping from the front right until about two months ago. I've owned the car for nearly two years now and just turned 20k miles on it. Obviously something got loose, got dirty, or something else took place for it to suddenly start popping like a lot of other folks cars.

This is not meant to be taken badly, but something happened to create this popping. It was never there before like some other cars, but happened over time. I'm sure it can be fixed....but the question of how is what's getting me.

Thanks for any and all help you can offer on this topic.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #346
headgamez

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I seem to be getting it on both right and left. Car has 3K on it.....
headgamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #347
66GTO

Drives: LT RS Automatic
Quote:

Sorry Jeff, I don't buy the "normal" explanation. I am 62 years old and have owned countless new cars in my life, probably half of them GM. This is my fourth Camaro.

My 2011 Camaro is the only one ever with a thunk in the front end. I have a '99 4X4 GMC Sierra that is quieter than this Camaro. I can even hear it when driving over the painted areas of the road at a stop sign, let alone when going over a speed bump. That is not "normal".

The stock answer of a car company of "they all do it" when a problem arises with multiple vehicles is a cop out answer. This may be my last GM vehicle if GM can't do better than "it's normal" to have a clunk in the front end.
66GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #348
66GTO

Drives: LT RS Automatic
Jeff,

I don't know how old you are or what kind of corporate memory GM retains, but I still have a good memory. My forum name reflects the first car I ever owned, a new 1966 Pontiac GTO that my Dad bought me my senior year of high school. I still have the window sticker from that car. It cost $3,600 in 1966.

I've seen the decline of GM Jeff, and it was not pretty to watch. It was "normal" for a Chevy Vega to rust out after a year on the road and was "normal" for a Vega to start burning oil like a mosquito sprayer when the state of the art silicon coated cylinder bore on the aluminum block wore off in the first 5,000 miles. It was "normal" for the GM cars in the 1960's to rust underneath the windshield and rear window chrome trim and leak every time it rained. "They all did it", but guess what. That doesn't mean it was OK.

Up through the early Seventies when the Vega was built, what was GM's share of the total car market? And what it is it now? See any connection between build quality and market share Jeff? It doesn't take a take a marketing degree to figure it out Jeff. And this from a company that just went through bankruptcy and a taxpayer bailout.

"It is normal." "They all do it. "

It'll be a Ford for me next time Jeff.

Last edited by 66GTO; 04-22-2011 at 07:00 PM.
66GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:11 PM   #349
pnyklr

Wow, GM got to Jeff.

This problem, that GM REFUSES to acknowledge has really let me down.

I have owned all 4 Gens of the Camaro and sadly the assertion by GM that this is "normal" has prompted me to start looking elsewhere.

I guess everyone one who has reported the problem in this thread are liars.

Such a sad day.

-Funk

Isn't there a river somewhere called "denial"?

Last edited by pnyklr; 04-22-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:38 AM   #350
headgamez

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Freeman, I can see where you are coming from. Guys, I am sure that Chevrolet will come up with a fix for this. It will take some time to go through the engineering phase to ensure that the correction will be the correct one. Speaking on the other carmakers, I remember in the past when Ford had a problem with the kingpins on their F150. Put out a quick fix to the dealers to try and quiet the consumers, and it was worse than before. I am sure that Chevrolet won't disappoint us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
Disappointment I thought Jeff was going to be our ticket to success on getting this problem addressed forever,however I turned out to be very a total disaster.I was soon going to be in the market for a new Cruze that would replace one of my current Gm products, but if GM doesn't do something soon about my Camaro ,it looks like Ford or Toyota is in line for my next business and I couldn't care less if GM goes under.The worst part about this is how the hell do you get rid of a piece of crap like this and not lose half of or not more of your investment. No one wants to buy a piece of crap. My 1996 S10 4x4 ZR2 rides better than this piece of junk. Maybe I could use it in the back yard as a flower pot The bumble bees might like it.
What I don't understand is that what ever they did to fix JTCAMAROS car solved his problem, why don't GM do the same for the rest of us.

Pissed Off.
headgamez is offline   Reply With Quote