Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-18-2009, 06:53 PM   #43
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
What a bunch of cry babies!!!!!!!!!! Now your shifter comes in the car and that's not good enough.? I'll take that any day rather than rip apart a new car to change shifters. Now that was a stupid idea and some one at GM figured it out!
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #44
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
What a bunch of cry babies!!!!!!!!!! Now your shifter comes in the car and that's not good enough.? I'll take that any day rather than rip apart a new car to change shifters. Now that was a stupid idea and some one at GM figured it out!
Unbefreakinlievable!!! The RPO "will be available in the future" is construed as months or more for the sake of pessimism, and factory installed, with the shifter on the window sticker is bad, because it's preferable to have the console torn apart after the car reaches the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloman1346 View Post
Wow, it seems like every month we find something new about the Camaro, and those new things we mention are always for the worst.

Auto Trannies messing up
ABL still in the dark
Allocation mishaps
Production being delayed for 30 more days
CGM being delayed
Companies who built parts going belly up, and sueing GM at the same time
Hurst Shifter being delayed

And the Car I want I MAY be able to get in May to October..... And thats if my dealer doesnt go belly up, me losing my job, or GM folding.

As i have stated before in countless threads about problems with the Camaro, they should have worked everything out before giving us any launch date. You see the car 4 years ago as a consept, you see movies and TV programs with the Camaro in it, you go to auto shows and drool over it, you buy the toy cars and collect all the brochures and magazines (like I am), and everyday we come to this site. I have started coming to this in january not to see if any new pics or vids have been uploaded, now i come to it to see what is being delayed.

And as for people stating that we are blessed to get information like this handed to us. How can you say we are blessed? Its like getting a letter in the mail stating my mom has just died.
We should be blessed anout getting bad news about the Camaro almost every week?
GM needs to realize that they have a hardcore fan base around the Camaro, and sooner than later, that fan base is going to jump ship to ford, dodge or any of the overseas car makers. We have seen it on this site alone.
Not to be a troll or anything, but ive been thinking about making my sig this

"Make my Camaro before you fold, please."
Where the hell did that come from?
Old 02-18-2009, 07:52 PM   #45
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Ha Optimus Prime, OUR72GTO, Rodrunner, do you all work for GM in their Bxx Sxx i mean PR department or for a PR company That GM hired We find more additional constraint all the time and you 3 go What a bunch of cry babies, Or And I'm a late preorder anyway, or Where the hell did that come from. some Members are mad for all the BS come on hire GM
and till us what is Up. what can i order and what i cant.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:55 PM   #46
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post
Where the hell did that come from?
I believe he is talking about the delay from Feb 16 to march 16th.

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:03 PM   #47
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
^^^In that case, sorry, the 30 more days threw me.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:10 PM   #48
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
Ha Optimus Prime, OUR72GTO, Rodrunner, do you all work for GM in their Bxx Sxx i mean PR department or for a PR company That GM hired We find more additional constraint all the time and you 3 go What a bunch of cry babies, Or And I'm a late preorder anyway, or Where the hell did that come from. some Members are mad for all the BS come on hire GM
and till us what is Up. what can i order and what i cant.
lolwut
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:18 PM   #49
Jferrell88

Drives: black 2ss/rs
[QUOTE=josh1147;296351]See this post that was buried in the "Order status" thread:

Today, 12:31 PM #9
NVMY68SS
Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed

This is gonna hurt some feelings though.

Chevrolet Team:

Just a quick update on the Camaro launch as preparations are underway this week for the first Dealer Order Submission Process (DOSP) for the all new Camaro.

As outlined in this month's consensus notes, the following items will be on constraint:

* V6 Engine (LS and LT models) due to one per dealer activity
* Cyber Gray Metallic and Summit White Exterior Colors (pending paint availability)
* The LPO High Wing Spoiler (pending validation)

An additional constraint will also will be introduced for the Hurst Short Throw Shifter LPO (code VYV). This shifter will NOT be available as a LPO accessory (appearing on the window and invoice as a dealer-installed accessory), but will be available in the future as both a factory installed RPO, and a regular dealer installed accessory. Further information on the timing of Hurst Short Throw Shifter RPO will be provided in the coming weeks.

Since this shifter will be available as a regular dealer installed accessory, orders with the LPO (code VYV) currently "in-system" will be removed. Dealers should also be encouraged to remove this LPO (code VYV) from their orders.

Customers desiring the Hurst Shifter can instruct their dealers to either wait until the new RPO is introduced, or have the shifter installed at the dealer as a Chevy accessory after the parts are released for sale.

Again, more information on the shifter including availability of the new RPO will be provided in the next few weeks.

Finally, we are planning a web-cast broadcast on the Camaro launch the first week of March for wholesale team members only (dealers will have an IDL broadcast at later date). This web-cast will bring you up to date on current plans and activities including the Camaro unveiling for early May. Details on this webex will be provided next week.
http://www.bowtiebrigade.net

2SS/RS Black LS3/MN6 IO Interior

Ordered 10-13-08
Preferenced 2-10-09
Moved to 3000 2-12-09
Moved to 3300 2-18-09[/QUOte\

I am number one at my dealer and i greatly appreciate the person who posted this because i'd hate to lose my spot over a shifter, because my dealer isn't the best and would totally not inform me at all over anything like this. I just want my car and can live without a shifter i may get it added later, as for all the upset people, i must say i really enjoy this forum and i can understand some frustration but the negativity of this forum is starting to be a real drag sometimes, its kinda sad really. a place that was once home of excited enthusiast, at times can sound like a women's self help group. NO OFFENSE TO OUR LADY FRIENDS AND MEMEBERS
Jferrell88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:27 PM   #50
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Just gotta be a killjoy don't you. I'm like my wife in one way- I need something to bitch about. That's why there are a couple things in my life I will never change (even though I should) simply because I'm used to her bitching about them. Why give her new ones that I have to get used to all over again?
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:38 PM   #51
RoyalKev

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Eh I just want my camaro haha. Hurst murst you can get it later any way.
RoyalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:48 PM   #52
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
No, don't start another conspiracy thread. I've never met TRAN!

The days of picking from a list of 40 or 50 options to customize your factory orders are over. That in part is what helped to bury the Last Three. There are WAY TOO MANY whiners on this site.

Just buck up ,wake up and smell the roses.
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:27 PM   #53
HeavyRightFooT

Drives: Z51 C6 LS3 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by in a hurry View Post
couldnt agree with you more on the info part....I wouldnt have pre-ordered if we
did not have this info....heck, who would?
Couldn't agree more with you guys .... kind of feels like you've been sold something they just cannot provide... Too bad I ordered a CGM with Hurst shifter..

Well at this point as long as the dealer doesn't have to install the rs package, ls3, brembo brakes, boston acoustics, gauges, steering wheel and the manual transmission because they where not able to deliver on time I'll feel glad

Let's open bets on what's the next thing delayed

Hold on tight guys, with a bit of luck we'll end up having a camaro !

Heavy-

08 C6 z51 headers/vararam/tune/420-410/ccw sp550 19+20/Pzerro Nero 275-30-19F 305-30-20R --- to be traded for a Z28 ?
HeavyRightFooT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:54 PM   #54
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember

Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
Oh my god. Stops crying about it. If you want it as a "collector" piece then dont get teh damn thing. If you're tired of these changes then get another FKIN car. I speak for a lot of the people tat have been here for a while when I say GET OVER IT! Honestly, If you think GM is bullsh!ting you then go buy a some other car.if you really wanted a Camaro then you'd suck it up and wait it out. If you wanted a car that would make you look cool and think that GM is just messing with you, go by a freakin dodge or a ford, hell go buy a fkin toyota. GM is not privlilaged to have you buy this car, YOU are priviliage to witness the rebirth of the Greatest car ever. So I dont care what you choose to do, just either STOP complaining or leave the damn forum.

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!

May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:54 AM   #55
HeavyRightFooT

Drives: Z51 C6 LS3 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Beast_ View Post
Oh my god. Stops crying about it. If you want it as a "collector" piece then dont get teh damn thing. If you're tired of these changes then get another FKIN car. I speak for a lot of the people tat have been here for a while when I say GET OVER IT! Honestly, If you think GM is bullsh!ting you then go buy a some other car.if you really wanted a Camaro then you'd suck it up and wait it out. If you wanted a car that would make you look cool and think that GM is just messing with you, go by a freakin dodge or a ford, hell go buy a fkin toyota. GM is not privlilaged to have you buy this car, YOU are priviliage to witness the rebirth of the Greatest car ever. So I dont care what you choose to do, just either STOP complaining or leave the damn forum.
here we go again. "Fkin" this, "Get over that", "Hell go buy a fkin toyota" ... you are making our point by yourself.

"GM is not privileged to have you buy this car, YOU are priviliage to witness the rebirth of the Greatest car ever" , yeah totaly agreeing with you, if they did think that they might have had a tad more customers left. Why do you think peoples are walking away from buying GM ? And your only point is go buy something else ? ...

We love this car, mainly because we love driving and want to buy American, which at this price doesn't end up in that many choices, far away from just wanting to look cool. If we were to follow your recommendation we could go get whatever German or Japanese crap and I'm pretty sure they would do whatever they could to at least make us feel like they are privileged to get new customers and deliver on time, mainly in this kind of economic turmoil.

Still we are insisting on getting a Camaro though... so how about getting the feedback up to gm and not reading the complains that make you feel uncomfortable if you cannot stand it.

That's it for me on this thread too, I don't want this to become the same as the CGM delay thread just because you cant take the criticism some customer are starting to have against the way their order is shaping up.

On my part I will keep my order as is until I get it. But will honestly be disappointed every time something will be delayed again, and will let it know. After all this is a forum and not an unilateral add banner. Everyone can love the Camaro and still have different point of views no ?

Peace, over and out...

Heavy

08 C6 z51 headers/vararam/tune/420-410/ccw sp550 19+20/Pzerro Nero 275-30-19F 305-30-20R --- to be traded for a Z28 ?
HeavyRightFooT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:18 AM   #56
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
There's always the Cobalt SS or the HHR SS - ready to go....OR if you like to have the feeling of the steering wheel rip from your hands from front wheel drive acceleration, the Impala SS
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote