Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 05-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #71
Fr3e4gent

Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
And not trying to sound negative but assuming you'll get better times is never a good thing. If the red ipf supercharged car was driven by someone who knew how to run it, chances are they'll get better times since they know how to drive it.

Also, you have a non-rs car so that's not going to help. With a supercharger, the power comes on as soon as you stomp on it. Not like a turbo where it kicks in at over 4000 rpm. If you still have the bf goodrich tires on, good luck.... I spin my tires through first and all I have is an intake and exhaust. With the torque you have, you'll have a heard time keeping them from spinning and launching will be tough too.
Yes he would do better than me and I will admit that. Thats why practice makes perfect or somewhat close to it. My SC kicks in around 3000RPM, it doesnt come on as soon as I stomp it. Non-RS isnt going to help... ?? Ok now you sound like your crying wolf. It might be harder than usual with the spinning of tires but I can figure out after some more time and actually a chance to get to the track...
Old 05-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #72
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3e4gent View Post
Fair enough. But I mean from IPF
What else do u need? I got everything or race equipments, from racing suit, long sleeve, long joh, head cover, gloves and bell helmets all fire proof and FIA required. Send me a ticket to ur place and i'll test it. Lol

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #73
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
I need a Snell Certified helmet and a fire coat.
Both items are relatively cheap... fire jacket isn't required until 11.49...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #74
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Actually, isn't pt_killa a turbo build? I do know smokes1lt was finished before this one and that one is indeed a supercharger.

And not trying to sound negative but assuming you'll get better times is never a good thing. If the red ipf supercharged car was driven by someone who knew how to run it, chances are they'll get better times since they know how to drive it.

Also, you have a non-rs car so that's not going to help. With a supercharger, the power comes on as soon as you stomp on it. Not like a turbo where it kicks in at over 4000 rpm. If you still have the bf goodrich tires on, good luck.... I spin my tires through first and all I have is an intake and exhaust. With the torque you have, you'll have a heard time keeping them from spinning and launching will be tough too.
Not true in this case... here we are talking about a centrifugal supercharger NOT a positive displacement supercharger... HUGE difference!!! A centrifugal makes max boost at max RPM! Boost comes gradually and linearly as the RPMs climb!

Don't know what kind of turbo you've driven by my twins kick in well before 4,000 RPM!! My max torque is BEFORE 3,000 RPM!!!

scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #75
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I want ecoboost
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #76
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
I enjoy this banter, as long as no one gets hurt. I think IPF, RX, and STS have put some serious money where there mouth is. Turning out FI products where others could not or would not. Please video if a race occurs.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #77
Fr3e4gent

IPF vs RX vs STS ? anyone know a drag strip that can do this all at once?

Last edited by Fr3e4gent; 05-03-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Fr3e4gent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #78
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Not true in this case... here we are talking about a centrifugal supercharger NOT a positive displacement supercharger... HUGE difference!!! A centrifugal makes max boost at max RPM! Boost comes gradually and linearly as the RPMs climb!

Don't know what kind of turbo you've driven by my twins kick in well before 4,000 RPM!! My max torque is BEFORE 3,000 RPM!!!

^ Like I said earlier yep!

Like I posted when I got my car back, I'm at boost at 3200 RPM's at WOT. All depends how you work that gas pedal. If I go easy it takes alil longer, but that ain't no fun lol! And nice dyno sheet scrming!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #79
Fr3e4gent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkartasasmita View Post
What else do u need? I got everything or race equipments, from racing suit, long sleeve, long joh, head cover, gloves and bell helmets all fire proof and FIA required. Send me a ticket to ur place and i'll test it. Lol
At Firebird Raceways here in Arizona they required me to have a fire coat because its supercharged..Otherwise i would have got in last week to race because I had the helmet to borrow.

Also for the Camaro5 fest, Would anyone like to pay for my trip there from Arizona and ticket to get in? I also start college up again in August so who wants to be a college student for a week or 2?
Old 05-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #80
efpardo
Deep6

Drives: 2016 Camaro #182300 | 2SS | HBM
Send a message via Skype™ to efpardo

My Journals:
Erick's Mistress - Violet 2016 2SS
#182300 | 2SS | HBM |
Erick’s Mistress - 2010 2LT
#8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM | Litho #165 |
efpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:29 PM   #81
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
Realy looking forward to some time runs...I hope you pull down some fantastic numbers. If I were you I would link up with someone at the track to borrow their gear.

I havent figured out how you guys can wait for track time with these things. I would be waiting at the gates a day after I got a big mod like this installed to see what its capable of but thats my gotta have it now personality. Lol
Macrackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #82
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
IPF vs FX vs STS ? anyone know a drag strip that can do this all at once?
Yep, Charlotte Z-Max 4 wide....

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #83
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
IPF vs FX (what is FX) vs STS.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #84
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
i think he meant RX