Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #561
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Over Thanksgiving weekend I was in Austin Tx. So when things got slow I went down the the local dealership to check out the stock of Camaros.

As I'm looking at a white one with a few other people around it, the salesman comes up and starts to talk about the car. He then tells us that the V8 engine was the same one used in the full size trucks that Chevy builds.

I had to quickly correct him and let him know that, No it's not a truck engine, but a Corvette engine design... He insisted that it was the truck engine and I was misinformed..
Old 01-15-2010, 11:49 AM   #562
wmora4

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IBM
I havent got the "can i drive it ?" questions yet !! maybe because some people say i look mean sometimes !!

Yesterday i stop at my local Autozone to get some parts for my father car, the kid working in there saw my camaro so we went outside with the other guys as they asked me if they could take a look under the hood and inside !!! so this kid and i were having a very smart conversation about the cars and mustangs and challengers , make a long story short , i was imppressed with the knowledge that he had until he said " You know what!!! i love the camaros over the mustangs but im not getting it just because i would hate that people every where will tell me if it is "lightning mcqueen" (Cars Movie), And im not a kid anymore, you know !!!!!"
OMG....
wmora4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #563
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
Over Thanksgiving weekend I was in Austin Tx. So when things got slow I went down the the local dealership to check out the stock of Camaros.

As I'm looking at a white one with a few other people around it, the salesman comes up and starts to talk about the car. He then tells us that the V8 engine was the same one used in the full size trucks that Chevy builds.

I had to quickly correct him and let him know that, No it's not a truck engine, but a Corvette engine design... He insisted that it was the truck engine and I was misinformed..
You should have turned the tables and said, "actually the truck engine is an iron block derivative of the Corvette engine, which this is the same as"
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #564
AquaBlueNic
Nicole (& Dave!)

Drives: 2010 AquaBlueMetallic 6Speed Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmora4 View Post
I havent got the "can i drive it ?" questions yet !! maybe because some people say i look mean sometimes !!

Yesterday i stop at my local Autozone to get some parts for my father car, the kid working in there saw my camaro so we went outside with the other guys as they asked me if they could take a look under the hood and inside !!! so this kid and i were having a very smart conversation about the cars and mustangs and challengers , make a long story short , i was imppressed with the knowledge that he had until he said " You know what!!! i love the camaros over the mustangs but im not getting it just because i would hate that people every where will tell me if it is "lightning mcqueen" (Cars Movie), And im not a kid anymore, you know !!!!!"
OMG....
That is too weird. Lightning McQueen is based on generic NASCAR vehicles, but does have design influences from the Corvette. Did that kid mean to say Bumblebee?
Actually, someone at first saw my Camaro from behind and commented that they wondered if it was a Corvette, because the back end is similar. [not meant to be a dumb comment]
Old 01-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #565
Mr Smith
Born again Hot Rodder

Drives: Black 1SS/RS LS3 M6
One of wifes friends at work wanted to see it..First thing she said was "Wow looks just like the Mustang" Took everything I had not to smack her.

Some kid thought he was being funny and asked me if it was worth it..Then asked me if it was going to transform.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:02 PM   #566
dstairs
Farewell Thor

Drives: 95 Caddy Deville Concours
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Some one saw my SS and said "LOOK AT THAT S CAR GO" .
was it crawling along very slowly at the time?
dstairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #567
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
I was just finishing taking this exact picture after eating some delicious bbq and a guy and his wife (country-esk and 50's) stop to look at my car.

First he said... "you got the Gray one... cool." I thought, ok, not too bad.

He then asks if it is has as he put it "the V6, V8 or the Interceptor motor."

I thought to myself... exit conversation now, but before I could he said "well you should have got the Interceptor, it is bulletproof"

Instead of really getting into it and trying to explain, as far as I know, that the "Interceptor" is a special edition FORD crown vic police car, I said no, its the V8.

His reply was "man.. you should have gotten the interceptor."

I was not in any mood so I just bailed without answering. lol
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2010, 01:53 PM   #568
brtaus

Drives: None
I was at a gas station when this drunk guy comes up and says nice car, looks great, etc. Then he says, "I know you won't let me drive it, but can you take me for a ride at least."
brtaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #569
kjd15
Finally!!

Drives: '10 2LT Summit white, '68 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
I was just finishing taking this exact picture after eating some delicious bbq and a guy and his wife (country-esk and 50's) stop to look at my car.

I thought to myself... exit conversation now, but before I could he said "well you should have got the Interceptor, it is bulletproof"

Instead of really getting into it and trying to explain, as far as I know, that the "Interceptor" is a special edition FORD crown vic police car, I said no, its the V8.

You should have said, "no, this one came with the flux capacitor" LOL
kjd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #570
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post

Gosh, I wouldn't have been able to say anything either. I wouldn't have even known where to begin....
Old 02-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #571
Enzo

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
guy came up to me at a gas station and was complementing me on how nice the car was, then when on to say that he was more of a camaro fan but that my challenger was awesome
Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:02 PM   #572
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS CAMARO View Post
guy came up to me at a gas station and was complementing me on how nice the car was, then when on to say that he was more of a camaro fan but that my challenger was awesome
Old 02-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #573
Enzo

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
i had the same reaction
Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:12 PM   #574
philthy

Drives: 1971 Monte Carlo/2010 Camaro 2LT
I like the kid at the car wash.....

"Boy, that has a lot more interior room than the 2009 Camaro"