Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-26-2010, 11:18 PM   #1
Full Metal Jacket

Drives: hopefully a 2010 camaro
Whats the price on a 1SS 6psd on GMS employee price? Fatherlaw retired from GM

OK my father in law worked 35 years for GM and we have always bought our cars through h is GM employee discount..

Got almost 10k with his discount and other offers when i bought my Z71 Suburban..

Wondering what is the GMS price for a 1SS 6peed with little to nothing else.. Looking for the cheapest way into a 1SS under 30k

My brothers in law work at ford and right now Ford is offering a 0% financing on all 2010 Mustangs + 1,000 cahs back so I know I can get a 2010 Grabber Blue GT with nice options for way under 30k..

Thoughts? I like the camaro better but 50-100 bucks a month will make that Mustang GT look pretty sweet..

Anyone out ther with GMS prcing that can share the info??

Thanks!
Full Metal Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:22 PM   #2
V1c1ous

Drives: 96 Z28 SS, 2010 SS RS
I paid 29k for my 1SS, back in July when I orderd it including the $1500 GM supplier discount @ 500 under invoice. Hope this helps.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #3
V1c1ous

Of course they will try to sell ya all the extras when you take dely, definatly get the insurance on the wheels and tires, as there is no spare in the SS. IMO
Old 04-26-2010, 11:27 PM   #4
Full Metal Jacket

Isnt the GM Supplier discount different than tha Employee GMS price? I think the supplier is a little under invoice..

The GMS is for actual GM employees and their families..I could be wrong, thats how he explained it...

Thanks for your quick answer..

This is my first post on this forum and I like it already.Been trolling for about 2 weeks..
Old 04-26-2010, 11:29 PM   #5
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
www.gmsupplierdiscount.com

All your questions will be answered.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:16 AM   #6
Full Metal Jacket

Please pardon the inconvenience while our site undergoes scheduled maintenance. We expect the site to be available soon, so please check back.

thats what i got when i logged in...But again thats for the supplier program.. My father in law wasnt a supplier, he was an employe???

thanks! You all have awesome rides!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 08:30 AM   #7
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Back in January 1st 2010, GM changed all the discounts. Now all the discounts (Supplier, Employee, Credit Union, Military, and College) are all the same price which is now called Preferred Pricing.

Here's the employee site. https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-gmemployee/ .Price one using that site and the supplier site and you'll see they are the same price.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:54 AM   #8
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Jacket View Post
OK my father in law worked 35 years for GM and we have always bought our cars through h is GM employee discount..

Got almost 10k with his discount and other offers when i bought my Z71 Suburban..

Wondering what is the GMS price for a 1SS 6peed with little to nothing else.. Looking for the cheapest way into a 1SS under 30k

My brothers in law work at ford and right now Ford is offering a 0% financing on all 2010 Mustangs + 1,000 cahs back so I know I can get a 2010 Grabber Blue GT with nice options for way under 30k..

Thoughts? I like the camaro better but 50-100 bucks a month will make that Mustang GT look pretty sweet..

Anyone out ther with GMS prcing that can share the info??

Thanks!
Why are you asking? Are you going to buy one through your father in law? And if so, couldn't you just ask him?
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #9
HeatherR

Drives: 2009 CTS, 2008 Solstice GXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Back in January 1st 2010, GM changed all the discounts. Now all the discounts (Supplier, Employee, Credit Union, Military, and College) are all the same price which is now called Preferred Pricing.

Here's the employee site. https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-gmemployee/ .Price one using that site and the supplier site and you'll see they are the same price.
Yep, don't expect the same level of discount you had last time...Some cars have more $ discounts on them in addition to PP for employees, but not the Camaro. You (or your father-in-law) can sign in to gmfamilyfirst.com and build a car with the discounts.
HeatherR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:32 AM   #10
guyjusthere

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
I was allowed a $1,000 discounr on my 1ss m6 (no adds) -> so price was $30,300
guyjusthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:44 AM   #11
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
My prices are GM preferred to everyone. I have several 1SS's listed to give you an example. More incentives such as the Saturn / Pontiac $1000 loyalty would also apply.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:32 AM   #12
dstairs
Farewell Thor

Drives: 95 Caddy Deville Concours
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
My prices are GM preferred to everyone. I have several 1SS's listed to give you an example. More incentives such as the Saturn / Pontiac $1000 loyalty would also apply.
Most dealers are now doing what Scotty has been doing for quite a while. Using PREFERRED Pricing the dealer makes his Hold Back and gets a very small refund from GM.

If you are purchasing most GM vehicles you will see an additional discount on top of this if you are using a GM Employee discount Certificate, Vehicles such as the Terrain, Equinox, and Camaro receive little or no additional savings, while some Cars, SUVs and Trucks could qualify for $500 - $2000 in additional savings.
dstairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:31 AM   #13
V1c1ous

I was just letting you know what I paid. Yes, the employee discount will of course, be more than the supplier discount. And again that was in July of last year.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:48 AM   #14
HeatherR

Drives: 2009 CTS, 2008 Solstice GXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1c1ous View Post
I was just letting you know what I paid. Yes, the employee discount will of course, be more than the supplier discount. And again that was in July of last year.
The entire program changed Jan. 1st...There is no supplier/employee pricing now.

All is Preferred Pricing-then cars get "allowances" ($ off) for employees depending on the model...$0 currently on the Camaro. Like CamaroScotty said there are a few other incentives people can still qualify for (Pontiac Loyalty, etc. that change just like all incentives always have).

Go to gmfamilyfirst, log in, build your vehicle and you'll know exactly what the price is.
HeatherR is offline   Reply With Quote